Is my series still engaging?

saraceleste

Virgin
Hi all! I didn't even know this feedback forum existed, but I'm so glad it does! I'd love to hear if the series I'm doing is engaging and any thoughts you have on it. Does it seem worthy of continuing? Where do I lose you in the scenes/narratives? What you think of the characters? Is there anything you're curious about?

There are three parts so far - I categorized it in BDSM, but it also has some pet play dynamics as well:
Me, Master and Kitten Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3

Part three has gotten a bit less initial engagement than the other two parts, so I'd love any feedback on why that might be (it could just be people didn't see it? Not sure).

Side question: are there folks who do critique exchanges or even groups where people support each other in writing smut? I'd love to find more folks, it seems like it would really help to find community. :)

Side question: are there folks who do critique exchanges or even groups where people support each other in writing smut? I'd love to find more folks, it seems like it would really help to find community. :)
This Feedback Forum has several regulars who drop by from time to time and comment on stories offered up; and there's a good thread run by AwkwardMD and Omaneinen who offer story reviews. You should wander through that one sometime, to see if they align with your spirit. They can be tough, opinionated, but give good critique. You might not always agree with what they say, but their saying it is worth the entry fee.

You should pop over to the Authors' Hangout, too, which is the main open forum for writer stuff on the site. There's a wide range of entertaining individuals, a few not, and a great depth and range of useful advice and complete twaddle. I'm aware, too of various writer groups that work privately behind the scenes, within their own networks. Some appear to be closed shops, others may be more open, I don't know.

As a starting point though, the AH is a sensible place to start.

That drop off you see in Chapter Three is fairly typical of chaptered stories - actually, your Chapter Two is unusual, having more views than Chapter One. I'm going to put that down to some folk reading Chapter Two twice, given that Chapter One is really an introduction, with no sex.

The interplay between the three characters is engaging, but I did come away from the third chapter thinking it was getting a little repetitive. This is one of those stories where the author needs to know when to stop, how to wrap it up satisfactorily.

It's a fascinating insight into the dynamics of BDSM (I know very little about the scene), and being written from your point of view was educational for me. Interesting stuff.

Technically, some loose dialogue punctuation here and there, but nothing a really tight edit wouldn't fix (next story).

Back