In need of copy editor for series of stories.

Sunadmire

Experienced
I am an engineer and used to technical writing which is often bone dry. In addition, English is my second language and although I am fairly accomplished, it is not error free. I am looking for a copy editor to:

- Guide me to improve my writing skills.

- Smooth out grammatical errors.

- Spice up my writing.

- Suggest plot twists/character development.

- etc.

I do read through my stories several times to get them as mature as possible before submitting for editing.

I have three stories published to date which were well received (4.82; 4.56 and 4.43) and I am extremely grateful to the editors of these stories for their contributions in corrections and improvements. These editors are unfortunately not currently available.

I am currently working on a series (first chapter already published) with the following framework:

Two 20 year old University friends are travelling by car from Stellenbosch (where they attend varsity) to Tzaneen (Dirk’s home town) which is about 1800 km away. They overnight in Bloemfontein (Steve’s home town) which is about half way.

The car’s radio isn’t working and they decided that the passenger tells the driver of past sexual experiences. They drive about 300km before refueling and a body break, giving three stories per day, six over the two days getting there and six on their return trip.

Both Dirk’s parents are dead, but he has a very young and beautiful step mother and a sister (18) who both gets in on the action during the five days the two friends’ visit to Tzaneen. Other characters in Tzaneen also get in on the action.

Steve’s single mother and his sister (and her friend) also joins the action during the two friends' overnight stays in Bloemfontein.**

Steve was the first to tell a story and revealed that he had sex at the end of his matric year (equivalent to senior/Grade 12) with a young lactating mother (4.43)

I have chapters 2 and 3 ready for editing:

Chapter 2: Dirk told Steve about his first sex – with his best friend’s twin sister. This story is fairly mature and had a once over by the editor of Ch 1. About 10*000 words.

Chapter 3: Steve told about his last sexual experience which was during the winter break. He and his sister’s friend was home-alone, playing Final Fantasy on PlayStation which transformed into a Final Fantasy role play. (About 10*000 words)

Ch 4 (currently 8*000 words) is also complete and entails mostly the continuation of the Final Fantasy action. Although Steve’s mother isn’t in on the action, she (thinks she) is well aware of the movements of the youngsters between bedrooms which awakens some desires in her – building tension for the return trip. I am working through this chapter to improve character development (especially of Steve’s mother) and may be some time away.*

I already started on Ch 5 (currently 4*000 but aiming for 10*000) in which Dirk told Steve about the sex he had at the end of his Matric year. He saved the life of a girl who was swept into the sea, and she thanked him for it in a special way.

Later chapters in the series would include genres such as group sex (in a strip game), inter racial, romance, etc. Lots of personal and family secrets are revealed.

I am looking for a long term partnership with an editor who is prepared to see the series through and work on my other projects. I am open to suggestions and wouldn’t take criticism personally. I want to improve my writing skills after all. My biggest challenge is probably my linguistic and grammatical insecurities, which may be seen as an over dependence on the editor.

I am grateful to report that kenjisato offered his services. He did a great job and the story is now published - on first submission.

Best regards

Sun.

Back