In need of an editor.

RedFireBrand

Experienced
Hello. I have had 68 posted chapters so far and didnt have an issue but lately my new story keeps getting rejected for AI, even without using it. I believe it is a flaw in the detection since all sorts of people who use or dont use tools like Grammarly are getting rejected for it. That being said, it cant hurt to have another set of eyes on my work.

My new story is called Harem Intrigue about women who have been captured and placed into an Emperors Harem. So the level of consent is shaky but I dont think it crosses any lines. I would love to get some help and hopefully finally get it posted here.

What do you mean by "keeps getting rejected"? I assume you went through the common motions then:
- resubmitted with a note stating AI wasn't used while writing it?
- PMed Laurel to ask her for pointers on why she insists the story reeks of AI and what you could do to prove it's not?

Is your story different in style or overall composition than your earlier stories?

I mean the simple fact that you have 50+ published works going back several years, when AI was not even a thing should be enough to convince her, that you are legit. Where in the flow are you stuck?

What do you mean by "keeps getting rejected"? I assume you went through the common motions then:
- resubmitted with a note stating AI wasn't used while writing it?
- PMed Laurel to ask her for pointers on why she insists the story reeks of AI and what you could do to prove it's not?

Is your story different in style or overall composition than your earlier stories?

I mean the simple fact that you have 50+ published works going back several years, when AI was not even a thing should be enough to convince her, that you are legit. Where in the flow are you stuck?

I have submitted several times now specifying no AI was ever used. I just got rejected again today for it despite the fact that the ONLY changes I did were a spellcheck and had my editor review it. Thats it. I tried to PM Laurel and got nothing back from her. Whatever system she is using is busted and I am pissed off.

Sorry to hear that, esp since you appear to have a nice collection of stories already up.

Back