I need help regarding placing a story in the proper category.

PartyLife

Virgin
I have a story that I plan to submit, and this is the basic premise:

Man and girlfriend decide to see other people. They both happen to date interracially before discovering that "the grass isn't always greener on the other side", and go back to each other.

I'm also considering adding a bisexual scene and/or a threesome scene.

My question is, what category would this story go under?

It's meant to be a Romance at its core. But it will have a strong Interracial theme. And if I include a bisexual scene and/or a threesome... then what? Because I know those are separate categories, too.

Any advice will be be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Man and girlfriend decide to see other people. They both happen to date interracially before discovering that "the grass isn't always greener on the other side", and go back to each other.

I'm no expert at category placement, but the description of the Romance category is, "Drama, love, risk, and happily-ever-afters." To me your story description and that category description mirror each other pretty well. Especially if you say its a romance at its core.

If in doubt, use Erotic Couplings and add an author's note at the beginning with a short list of things people will read.

If it has a strong inter-racial theme, I'd put it there. Remember, though, Laurel may override and put it where she thinks it will run best.

Back