I have never... (closed)

"You should think it's a bad thing. I've seen what it does to people. People you thought were your friends or gave a damn about you, stealing all your shit to sell it so they can get their next fix. Sittin in an alley for two days, hungry, because your brother blew the rent money on blow for whoever he was fucking that week."

I leaned forward a bit. Deep inside I didn't want to believe that she had wanted to insult me, but I couldn't help but venting on her. It felt like those first days again, when I had just met them. They all took one look at me and probably slept with one eye open at night wondering if I was going to rob them blind or murder them to take their shit.

"It ain't like you see on tv. People get hurt by that shit...trust me." I sat back in my chair a little and took a deep breath. "Take your drink."

"I don't think hard drugs are a good thing! I was thinking more like weed," I informed him, getting annoyed he thought I'd got all my knowledge about drugs from the tv. "I may be the farmer's daughter, but I'm not naive about everything you know!" I said, my voice raising a little. I was getting emotional and defensive. I felt bad that I'd offended him, and I wished I'd never said anything at all.

Huffing a bit, I took my drink. I was definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol strongly. My head felt heavy even as my body felt light and tingly, almost like pins and needles, but not as intense.

I sighed, looking up at Daryl, thinking back to what he'd said. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that," I told him sincerely and with a slight slur to my words. It sounded like Daryl's life before the apocalypse had been just as hard as now, except in a different way.

I felt bad the instant she replied. It was just like I thought. She hadn't meant it the way it sounded and I had jumped down her throat for no reason. I guess there was still some of those old feelings of being judged at every turn hanging around somewhere inside me and the booze was letting them creep to the surface.

"Don't worry about it." I mumbled, and lifted my glass to my lips and finished the rest of the liquid swirling around the bottom.

My head was feeling heavy and thick. My thoughts were clear but I was having trouble sorting them out. As I sat there looking at her, the world outside started to drift away. We weren't in the middle of nowhere, fighting for our lives in the middle of the end of life as we knew it. We were just two people, having a few drinks at the kitchen table. I looked at her young delicate features, her golden hair, sparkling eyes and full cherry lips. One by one her features became more pronounced and attractive. It was alomost like seeing her for the very first time. She had dimples, I hadn't noticed that before. Her hair framed her face so perfectly and as it fell on her shoulders obscured what I now noticed was a small beauty mark, just below her chin. My eyes had a mind of their own as they continued south, memorizing every inch of her small, but shapely frame. Somewhere deep inside I could hear a voice screaming to look away, but I could barely hear it and chose to ignore it. Before I knew it I was leaning forward and our faces were mere inches apart.

"I have never..." I said just above a whisper, as I searched her eyes trying to guess what she was thinking. "...kissed a farmer's daughter."

I watched as Daryl swallowed the rest of his booze. He told me not to worry about it, but I kept thinking about what he said. About how people steal and go hungry because of drugs. Even in my muddled mind, I didn't think Daryl was just referring to other people. I think he was talking about himself. He must have been so defensive because other people had judged him harshly in the past. I didn't know much about his brother, but I knew he was bad news. It was clear that Daryl's childhood had been far different from mine. I couldn't even imagine living a life like that. I looked into his dark blue eyes and suddenly felt extremely sorry for him. My sadness felt magnified because of the alcohol and I lunged forward, gripping his hand in mine. "You're a good person, Daryl," I told him, hoping he would believe it.

Daryl was looking at me intensely, seeming to study my face. I gave him a quizzical look, but didn't look away. I examined his features as he examined mine. His face was full of sharp angles and it was smudged with dirt. His eyes were small but fierce and blue. I'd always liked his eyes. His hair was a greasy mess and his goatee had gotten unruly. His muscles were prominent beneath his torn shirt, and he seemed to be leaning towards me. He was so.... manly. I guess that was the word for it. Most of the boys I hung around with pre-apocalypse were clean shaven kids with baby faces. Now I was sitting here getting drunk with a dirty, harsh, man. A man who'd protected me and stood by me even when I knew I was dead weight. A man nearly twice my age. And yet, in this moment, in my heavy head and muddled mind, that didn't matter. He wasn't my protector anymore, not after today, but my companion. And I was starting to find him appealing in more ways than one.

His next confession startled me, had my hand slip on my glass and send the remaining alcohol swishing from side to side. I forgot all about the game and all I kept thinking about was what those words meant. He'd never kissed a farmer's daughter. I was a farmer's daughter. Even though the thoughts came slow, I knew there was no way he was talking about anyone else. He kept looking at me. He was obviously expecting a response. "Do you want to?" I blurted out. The alcohol was burning in my veins, and now the tingling sensation was spreading to a new section of my body. I rubbed my legs together, feeling a throb of desire between them.

I watched her squirm in her seat as she answered. "Do you want to?" When the words left her lips my breath caught in my throat and a storm of emotions erupted in my head. I was elated, apprehensive, angry, and a host of other feelings at the same time.

It wasn't so much the thought of kissing that had created such a torrent, it was the fact that it was Beth. This was Hershel's youngest daughter. Hershel had been my friend and mentor of sorts. He had taken me into his home and treated me like family. He had trusted me with the saftey and security of his little girl, and here I was, sitting so close to her in a strange house wondering what it would be like to feel those full lips pressed to mine.

A hundred questions filled me. Did she want to kiss me? Did she want me to make the first move? Had she thought about this before? was I being an idiot? Over and over these wonderings rolled through my head with the speed of light and for the first time that I could remember, I was afraid. I was afraid that she would reject me. I was afraid that she only saw me as a companion. I was even afraid that I wouldn't be any good and let her down.

As all of these things swirled and ripped and tore at my insides, I could feel myself backing away slowly. Then I stopped.

I was Daryl. I didn't feel fear. I didn't feel anxiety. I took what I wanted when I wanted and didn't care what anyone thought. Pumped up on false bravado I leaned forward, dipped my head and placed my lips against hers. The moment we touched my eyes drifted closed and I knew that nothing would ever be the same. From that moment on, I wasn't just Daryl, I was Beth's Daryl.

So in the timespan of a single day I'd gone from being baggage to a worthwhile companion to an intoxicated farm girl making out with a lowbrow redneck. My mind couldn't process all this; it was impossible to think at all anymore. I'd never felt so woozy in my life, and it wasn't the sick kind of woozy, it was the tingles in your belly, flushed cheeks kind of woozy. My eyelids fluttered closed when he kissed me. My head felt too heavy and I leaned forward into him. I wasn't sure if this was even reality anymore, because this whole moment seemed so strange and somehow peaceful that I swore I was living a dream. There were millions of zombies milling about all around us, but I felt safe in this moment, inside this sturdy little forest cottage with Daryl's lips on mine.

It didn't matter that he was my traveling companion. It didn't matter that he was nearly twice my age. It didn't matter that we were drunk and stupid and impulsive. All that mattered was the sensation, the electrifying sensation as our kiss somehow deepened and I tightened my hand over his. I wasn't sure if it was him or me, but now our tongues were rolling together and the tingling sensation between my legs became more urgent. I wanted to feel. I wanted to feel him. The small table separated us, and I didn't much like that. I wanted to leap across it and slam my body onto his, but I felt too weak and clumsy to do so. All I could do was continue kissing him. Daryl rarely touched me before this. I'd been the one to initiate our earlier hug, not him. I hadn't felt such affection in a great while, and I didn't want the feeling to end. I let out a soft, barely audible moan as we kissed deeper, lips pressing urgently and tongues venturing into each other's mouths. If I was sober, maybe I'd have been able to think more clearly, but the alcohol blocked everything except for the sensation of Daryl's lips on mine.

I felt her hand tighten on mine and I was wondering if it was from fear pleasure. I was about to pull away when her lips parted and mine followed allowing our tongues to start a slow but intense dance. Twisting and scraping against each other in what felt like a desperate attempt to subdue the other, our tongues dueled for the chance to explore the others mouth. Our heads began moving slowly from side to side and our mouths only parted for milliseconds to gather breath before returning to the ever intensifying kiss that we shared.

I had been with other women in my life, but I couldn't remember a single one of them that had ever set my insides afire the way Beth had with just a kiss. Her kissing was tender and passionate, yet showed a tentativeness that said that though not her first time, she had yet to become passive about it. I could feel what seemed like a mixture of curiosity and need as my hand found the side of her face and my fingertips stroked her cheek. I thought I could feel her trembling only to realize that it was my on trembles buzzing through my body.

I wanted to close the distance between us. I wanted more of her near me. I wanted to feel her petite feminine body pressed against mine as we shared a moment so intense and powerful. A moment that I would never had even entertained as possible an hour ago. There was no doubt that our relationship would be changed forever, but as our mouths to dance together I welcomed this kind of change happily.

I began to stand, silently urging her to follow. Our kiss broke for an instant as I tried to maintain my balance, but then resumed as my arms reached out to her to steady myself.

"Let's go in by the fire." I said pulling away long enough for a quick intake of breath and a few steps around the table to her.

I'd never been kissed like this. I'd never been kissed with such passion and desperation. Jimmy had been sloppy. Zach had been too careful. Daryl was... well, let's just say there was no comparison. Maybe it was because I was drunk, but I didn't think so. Even drunkenness couldn't make me feel this out of control. Perhaps it was the long days and lonely nights that had me so desperate for contact I'd taken the first man who wanted me. Or perhaps it was simply him. Daryl kissed with the fervor I'd expect from a man like him, but with a tenderness that surprised me. His hand cupped my cheek as he caressed my face. His calloused fingers were a stark contrast to my soft skin, but his touch was more than welcome. I moaned again, unable to hold in the sound as we continued to kiss. I could feel a slickness starting in between my legs, wetting my panties and making me ache. I'd never felt so wanton before. Ever. I wasn't sure if it was from the alcohol, or my lack of physical contact, or my mixed up emotions, or if it was just purely Daryl that caused this response in me, but I wasn't going to question it. Not now, as our tongues moved together in a heated dance.

I started to protest when Daryl stood up, but stopped once I saw his gesture to follow. My heart beat faster. Where was he taking me? He fell into me a little, a little shaky from the alcohol. I nearly fell over at the slight contact. I was even worse when it came to coordination. I kept tripping over myself as we stumbled towards the living room where the fire was still burning. I had to hold onto Daryl's arm and steady myself against the walls in my effort to get there. I hadn't realized how drunk I was until now. I could hardly walk! I felt weak and clumsy, but my body was still on fire from the kiss. In my haste to get to the fireplace, I quickened my step and tripped on the rug in front of it, tumbling into Daryl's body.

As we stumbled and fumbled our way from the kitchen to the living room, we would pause to gain our bearings and continue the kiss that had started with a game. But this wasn't a game anymore, this was real. This was the most real thing that I had ever felt. It was like we were reliving every fantasy about how my senior prom would have ended, if I had graduated from high school.

Two people so hot for each other, kissing and groping their way through the house looking for that perfect spot to continue their tryst. Is that what this was, a tryst? Was this just something that would happen and then tomorrow it would be forgotten? Were we just drunk and horny? Would we both regret this later after the haze in our heads had worn off?

I was about to stop things and take some time to sort it all out when Beth tripped on the area rug in front of the fireplace. She crashed into mewith her full weight and in my inebriated state, I couldn't keep my feet and we went tumbling to the floor. She landed on top of me and out of pure instinct my arms wrapped around her and we rolled so that I covered her body with mine.

The soft yellow glow of the dying fire illuminated one side of her pretty face. Her eyes were wide with surprise and I could feel her heart thumping in time with mine as I rose to my elbows. I searched her features for any sign of fear, or regret. I tried reading every microexpression, the furrow of her brow, the slight tremble in her lips, the rapid blink of her eyelids searching for an aswer that I couldn't see. I could smell the sweet yet acrid tinge of the alcohol on her ragged breaths. I had to know. I had to make sure that what was happening was mutual, and not just the result of too many nights of solitude and loneliness.

"Do you you want...this? I mean do you want...me?" I said, almost dreading the answer. "Do you want me to stop?"

We went crashing to the rug, but I didn't feel any pain as Daryl's body took the brunt of the fall. Before I got a chance to get my bearings, Daryl gripped my waist and flipped us over so I was nestled between the soft rug and his hard body. I gazed up at him, wide-eyed, surprised by his sudden movement. My head spun for seconds after we'd stopped turning and it took me a moment to see him clearly. He was looking at me with a great deal of longing held back by concern. I blinked up at him, lost in his light blue eyes. I opened my mouth to speak, to beg for another kiss, but Daryl beat me to speaking.

"Do you you want...this? I mean do you want...me?" He asked carefully, unsure. He paused for a moment then, "Do you want me to stop?"

"No," I answered immediately. I definitely didn't want him to stop! I hadn't felt so alive in months! I just wanted to feel. Even killing the walking dead didn't give me the adrenaline rush that Daryl's kisses gave me. With his hard body sloped over mine I felt so small but also safe. "Please don't stop," I finally breathed. I reached up a trembling hand and touched his cheek, pulling him closer. "I need this."

I had already started to dip my head, and pressmy lips to hers again when she finished, "I need thi..." She never got to finish the last word because we had already began to resume the frenzied kiss that had started in the kitchen. The difference now, was that we were on the floor, with me on top of her, by the dim light of a slowly dying fire in the fireplace. We couldn't have asked for a more romantic setting if we had wanted to. It was if all of the events of the day had conspired to bring us to this point, a point of no return, a point where our relationship would be changed forever and we had no idea where things would lead.

Again our mouths and tongues began an intense dance of seduction and exploration. The fears and doubt from before began to melt away and I began to feel that she truly did want and need this as much as I did. Almost instictively me hips began to grind against hers and I couldn't help but slipping a leg between hers trying to inch ever closer to her. My arms bent and although I was still holding the majority ofmy weight, I liked feeling her chest pressed to mine.

Small hums, and groans would leave me as our heads would part for breath before rengaging in this lover's kiss. My heart was racing as although little was no clear to me in the murky fog of my brain, I knew I had never wanted anyone as badly as I wanted Beth right then. I wanted to kiss, and lick, and taste every inch of her. I pulled away from her wet lips and began kissing her cheek, and chin, burrowing down and licking and nipping at the skin of her neck. I knew then, that even if she stopped me right now, that tonight would have been the best I had ever known, even before the end of the world.

Daryl didn't let me finish my sentence. His lips collided with mine again and we went back to kissing intensely. I was glad he hadn't needed much convincing. Right now, my body was on fire and my mind was a blur. I kissed him back fiercely, tongues dancing and lips moving frantically against his. My hands fumbled to get a good grip on his back as he pressed himself tighter against me. "Ohhh..." I let out a soft moan as his hips thrust against mine as our kiss continued. Daryl was moaning too, letting out small groans that I never would have expected to fall from his lips. The sounds he made turned me on further.

I loved how urgent it felt; how needy we both were. The kiss was such a nice release from the horrors of what has now become our everyday life. For the first time, I felt safe. Maybe it was stupid, but with the big house surrounding us and the alcohol in my blood and Daryl all over me, I felt safe. I gave everything into the kiss and allowed myself to forget everything else except for the man leaning over me.

I arched my body up into him as his lips ventured down my neck. My hands gripped and rubbed his shoulders as he made his descent down my skin. It tickled a bit as he nipped at my neck, but mostly all I felt was pleasure as he rained kisses upon me. I let Daryl take the lead, and I didn't stop him like I always had Jimmy. I let myself feel. I let myself go.

My heart was racing, and the breaths that we managed between the fervent joining of our mouths came ragged and deep. Our bodies were pressed together and that coupled with the fire and over all heat of the moment had started a sheen of sweat to cover my skin. She reacted to every kiss and touch, Her fingertips were squeezing and scraping at my skin, urging me on even further. I could taste the faint saltiness of her own perspiration as I licked and nibbled at her neck and collarbone. She seemed totally into it now, like she was lost in the sea of passion and alcohol, ready to let go and hold on tight as our relationship sailed to a new level.

I wanted her so badly that it hurt. Her young body moved and writhed beneath me and with every shift and wiggle, my body reacted even more to the point it was becoming painful. I shifted my weight to one elbow, and let my right hand drift down her form from her shoulder, to the side of her breast, down her side to the hem of her shirt. My fingers trembled slightly as my fingers curled under, clearing the way for my hand to turn and lay flat on her toned stomach. I think we both gasped at the new contact and I broke the kiss, staring into her eyes, barely visible in the dying light of the fire.

Her cheeks were flush, her skin aglow and in this light and proximity, I couldn't help but be struck by how pretty she was. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, maybe it was the lighting, or maybe it was the alcohol that finally allowed me to permit myself to see how beautiful she really was. I thought about all the time we had spent together, day in and day out and started regretting that I had never noticed. I had been so focused on survival, and keeping moving that I had never taken a minute to notice the young woman that I was practically dragging along with me. I started to think about how gruff and mean I had been. It hadn't anything to do with her, but I had never let her know that. Even after all of that she had saved me, she had put herself in danger to keep me alive, and now here we were. She lay under me, my hands on her skin, about to change the way we were together forever. What started out as a simple game had turned into an animalistic hunger for one another, fueled by...alcohol.

I froze. I stopped the movement of my hand and just looked at her. I started to second guess things. Did she really want this? Did she really want me to be her first? Did she want her first time to be because we were drunk and playing a game?

"We should stop." I said just barely above a whisper. "Not like this."

When Daryl told me we should stop, my heart sunk. "You think I'm just some stupid little farm girl who can't hold her drink right? You think I'm not thinking straight or somethin'? Well Daryl, I'm 19 years old okay? I know what I'm doing. I know what I want, and right now I want you!" I insisted, yet even as I spoke so firmly my words slurred together and my body began to tremble. The sound of my wavering voice gave away my inexperience. I felt silly and small as I lay beneath him and listened to his protests. I couldn't believe Daryl was choosing this moment to start acting noble. Daryl was not a gentleman or chivalrous in any way before now, and I resented him for the fact that he chose now to start acting this way.

Angrily, I shoved my body against his, and it wasn't due to writhing passion this time. Instead, I dislodged him and wiggled out from underneath him, banging my head against his in the process. The action had my head spinning and as I tried to stand, using the arm of the couch for support, a great wave of nausea seized me. I stood on wobbly legs and leaned forward, placing my hands on the back of the ouch to steady myself. I stayed there for several long moments trying to compose herself. "Damnit..." I muttered. "I need to sleep." After that I collapsed on the couch and held my head in my hands.

As soon as I heard the couch creak from her weight, I lay on the floor and turned over onto my back. My breath was still a little ragged from the kissing, but I tried to get it under control and let the room fall silent. She had reacted differently that I thought. She seemed...genuinely disappointed.

'Oh my God', I thought. 'What have I done?'

For a few minutes I lie there listening to her breath, and groan as the less desireable effects of drinking too much started to take hold. I wanted to try on comfort her, tell her that everything would be ok, but I just laid there. She had been so angry when she scooted out from under me. I wanted to try and explain, to tell her why I wanted to stop, but she had walked away so quickly and seemed so hurt that I hadn't known what to say.

I laid there for a while longer and then decided we could hash things out in the morning. It was late, it had been a long day, and I could feel the beginnings of my own hangover starting to creep into my steadily thickening head. Tomorrow would be better. She would wake up and be glad that we didn't go all the way. Tomorrow I could tell her why I stopped it.

I was frustrated and disappointed. I felt like Daryl wasn't taking me seriously. I felt like just as things were getting heated his perception of me had reverted to the one he had of me before I'd saved his life today. He'd seen me once again as the little girl he needed to protect, instead of the woman who was his equal. I was tired of being looked down upon, and tired of being a burden to him. Tonight was the first time I'd truly felt equal with him. As we'd drank and shared stories, and kissed heatedly, I'd felt respected as well as needy. Needy for his kisses and his body. And then he'd had to ruin it. I was still hungry for him, but the pain in my head was taking away from that.

I chanced a look at Daryl and found him laying where I'd left him on the floor. He looked sick. I felt a pang of guilt for acting so harshly with him, but I was still angry he hadn't taken me seriously. I was drunk, but I wasn't stupid. "Daryl," I slurred out his name as I hoisted myself off the couch with some difficulty. I approached him and nudged him slightly with my foot. "Daryl, I'm going upstairs. Goodnight." With that I turned, stumbling, and approached the stairs. I didn't look back at him, but made my way up to the second floor. And I was taking the big bed.

For several long and agonizing moments after Beth stumbled her way up the stairs i just lay there looking up at the ceiling. I rolled the events of the day, especially the last half hour, over and over in my head. I knew deep down that I had done the right thing, but still, as the sensation of her body against mine began to fade into a distant memory, I wondered what would have happened if i had just went with it. It wasn't that I didn't want her, and the ferocious nature of her kisses told me that there was more there than just alcohol. But, I just could let myself believe that she could really be attracted to me.

My head was starting to feel heavier and heavier. I had spent so many nights lying on the hard ground that the soft comfort of the couch cushions began to call to me. With a grunt I stirred and rolled over to my side. Using the arm of the sofa to steady myself I stood and took a look toward the stairs. I ached to have her near me again. Until today I had spent every single second wishing that she wasn't with me, that I would have a better chance on my own. Yet as I stood there, I couldn't imagine how I would go on if I didn't have her with me. She had grown on me without me even knowing it. She had become a part of my daily life and now I became fearful that I had put a distance between us that neither of us could overcome.

I looked to ward the couch, and then back to the stairs. She was probably passed out by now. I began to wonder if she would notice if I lay beside her, watching over her while she slept until finally I succumed to the alcohol and drifted away myself. Slowly, a step at a time I made my way upstairs to find her.

Climbing the stairs quickly became like climbing a mountain that swayed like the trees. As I stumbled up the stairs, my anger began to fade into disappointment. Holding him so tightly hadn't just made me feel good sexually; it made me feel cared for in a way that I hadn't felt since losing my sister Maggie and the others. I felt tears prick my eyes and as I tried to wipe them away I lost my footing and fell forward onto the upper floor.

I knelt there for a moment, hair hanging in my face taking deep breaths. I felt overwhelmed with anger and sadness, and, swaying like a leaf in a fall breeze, I stood shakily. I tried to make it to the room with the big bed, but I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

With one uneven step I lurched forward and fell upon the soft carpet soundlessly. I rolled over to my side and groaned. Maybe if I just went to sleep I could work out everything in the morning. Yeah, I decided as my eyes blinked close, in the morning.

What seemed like hours was probably only twenty minutes as I negotiated the stairs to the second floor. Between the second thoughts, and thick fog in my brain, those twelve steps might as well been twelve hundred. When I got to the second floor landing, I saw her legs sticking out of the doorway to the master bedroom.

My heart leapt into my throat at the thought that something was wrong, so I stumbled over to her quickly. I fell to my knees and rolled her over so that I could see what had happened. After a quick look over her, I supposed that she had just passed out, never making it to the bed. I smiled at that.

She looked so peaceful and angelic lying there that I hated to disturb her. Yet, we were so close to the bed and I had made up my mind to not spend anther night on the floor. I took a deep breath to gather some strength and clarity, and slipped one arm under the backs of her knees, and another under her shoulder blades. Uneasily, but steadily I stood and held her tightly to me.

I looked at her, the way she was limp in my arms. Not ten minutes ago, she had wanted me to take her to bed and I had refused. Now, I was about to do that very thing, and she would never remember it. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at how this was so typical of how my life goes.

I made it the few steps to the right side of the bed and as gently as I could laid her down. I pulled her shoes off and slid the comforter underneath her before pulling it over her to keep her warm. I stumbled my way over to the other side, kicking my boots off as I went. I eased onto the mattress, exhaling deeply as its softness enveloped me. I lay there for a few minutes, listening to her softly snore beside me.

Leaning over, I kissed her cheek softly, and then lay back. "Goodnight Beth." I whispered, before my eyes became too heavy and closed.

Beth awoke late in the morning, still groggy from last night's activities and emotions. She turned over, away from the bright midmorning sun that was shimmering through the window's glass and illuminating the dust particles in the air. She began to sprawl out, but her arm's progress was halted by the hard, muscled flesh that was Daryl's shoulder.

Her eyes opened further now and she stared at the man she was cuddled up against. The anger of last night had long since subsided while she dreamed, and instead she felt comfort at having him beside her. She remembered having not made it to this bed last night... Had he carried her? "Darly," she mumbled. Was he awake?

Daryl looked up at Beth as she sat astride him. His eyes would open and close with every gyration of her hips. She moved slowly, but firmly; with purpose. She was hot and wet and slick but still so tight that he could feel his skin being slid around his cock as she lifted herself from his hips, only to crash back down impaling herself on his hardness. Her pace was quickening. The light reflecting off of the sheen of sweat on her body cast her in a warm glow. He could ear her breath quickening, and small grunts emanating from her lips. She was getting close and so was he. He could feel the familiar tingle in his groin as his own impending climax began to build.

She started moving faster. Her ass and thighs would crash into his hips and legs with a slap. The tempo increased even more. both of their breaths were coming in gasps. The pressure in his balls had almost reach it's pinnacle. In just a few more seconds he would explode inside of her and their relationship would forever change. Daryl reached for her hips to pull her to him, sealing his release within her when all of a sudden she stopped what she was doing completely. Her eyes met his with focused intensity and beads of sweat trickled haphazardly down her brow. without a word she dismounted him and lay down on the bed beside him. His eyes blinked rapidly and in a flash they were both dressed in the clothes they had been wearing last night. He watched with confusion as her eyes became slits and he heard her groggily murmur "Daryl"

Suddenly his eyes opened and a rush of throbbing pain filled his head. The sun was up, and the brightness of the room from the light streaming through the windows caused him to cover his eyes with his arm. His stomach began to churn and the throbbing in his head increased as he realized the incredible sensation of their passionate coupling was all a dream. Had she really called his name? Had that been just another part of the imagined situation that he wished with all of his heart that he could return to for just a few more moments?

Keeping his arm in place for shade, he slowly turned his head toward where he remembered tucking her in.

"You awake?" he said hoarsely.

"Yes," I answered quietly. I didn't meet his gaze. The events of last night were slowly coming back to me. I ran last night through my head as if it had all been a dream I was trying desperately to not let slip away. I rolled over fully to face him; saw his scruffy face illuminated in sunlight. The motion made my head ache, and I instantly crashed my head back into the pillow.

"Ughhh I feel like crap," I laughed lightly. The air felt heavy. Awkward, even. I know we'd kissed last night, had nearly done more, but the whole event was foggy and remembered in fragments for me. I remember yelling at him, just screeching at him because he wouldn't have sex with me. I felt like an idiot. Daryl, of all people, was respectful enough not to take advantage of a drunk virgin kid who'd had to grow up way too fast, and I'd yelled at him for it. I looked up at Daryl. How much did he remember, I wondered. "Do you remember last night?" I asked shyly.

Last edited:
"Yeah, me too." I said, my voice cracking with every syllable as she said how she felt.

It had been quite a while since I had had anything to drink, and although my tolerance was still decent, it had been a while since I had experienced the debilitating effects of a hangover. She was facing me now, and my arm was getting too heavy to hold over my face in my current state, so I rolled over to my side to meet her squinty gaze.

When she asked what I remembered, my mind guiltily flashed to the provocative dream that I was having before we both woke. I dismissed it quickly and tried to organize the flashes of memory that I had about last night's events.

"Yeah, I remember." I croaked, clearing my throat and trying to find some saliva to wet my cotton mouth. "Do you?"

"I do," I said quickly, "Well, sort of." I let out a slight laugh before quieting. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. My head was still pounding so I dared not move any further. I felt embarrassed. I couldn't believe how horny I'd been last night. Was it the alcohol? Or was it Daryl? I chanced a look at him. He was squinting at me in the morning sun. He looked slightly guilty, but I couldn't understand why.

I cleared my throat and groaned as my headache set in further. I snapped my eyes shut and draped my arm over my eyes. "I'm really sorry about last night," I told him. "You were just trying to protect me and be respectful and I--- well, I'm sorry." As I spoke I did not look at him. I was afraid he was going to say something I wouldn't like. I didn't want him to apologize for last night. The memory of his lips still burned on my neck and collarbone. I had no regrets, and I still wanted him, would probably not have regretted it had we done it last night, but none of that was a good reason to blow up at him like that.

"It's ok." I said as I thought about how I wanted to say these next words. "I stopped last night because..."

I paused for a moment. I couldn't decide if I should let things go, or should I try to explain. I wanted her to know that I didn't stop things from going further because I didn't want them to. I had wanted them to. I just wanted to be sure that if we had gone all the way that it was because we both wanted it, not because we were drunk and horny in the heat of the moment.

"I stopped it because, I wanted you to be fully aware of what was happening. I wanted you to know that I wasn't being a creep because we had been drinking."

Jesus! Why couldn't I just tell her. I had never been much with words and trying to dance around this without sounding crude seemed impossible. I had always just been a straight shooter, but what would she think of me if I just laid it all out there.

"I really wanted you last night. I want you to know that. It wasn't because we were drunk. It wasn't because we are together, and there is no one else around. It was because...well...I like you. I like you a lot. We have been through a lot together and I guess...I just wanted you to know that I respect you...I guess."

God why is this so fucking hard? If this was about anything else I would know what to say.

"Anyway, I just wanted you to know that. That I wanted you...last night."

I lay there searching her face trying to see if she understood what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Back