I have a lot of novels, but because of grammar or punctuation errors, ask for help

oldhand1

Virgin
Hello, I have written many works and put them on my computer, but since English is not my native language, there may be word errors and so on. I would like to ask for your help. Please contact me, thank you very much.

It's helpful to state here how long your stories are and what genres and kinks they focus on.

Google docs, grammarly, these are free options to weed out some of those many errors. And make the work of a would be editor easier.
Be advised, you're not likely to find editors on lit for long (novel size) pieces.

I write in every genre, whatever comes to mind, from a few thousand words to hundreds of thousands of words,

Please be aware of what you're asking. And anyone responding: please be aware of what you're getting into.

A professional editor takes about an hour to edit 1000 words. So for every thousand words, you're asking for an hour of their time and energy. Yes, energy. Editing is exhausting work. Hundreds of thousands of words could mean a month or more of someone's life.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm just trying to explain why you might struggle to find a volunteer editor, and hopefully help you to see things in the right perspective.

This whole "volunteer editor" thing is a great idea in theory, and I'm sure it works great for some writer/editor partnerships. But realistically it's a hell of a lot to ask, and I think that both sides often underestimate that.

I have started a conversation with you where we can talk about looking at one of your shorter stories.

Back