How Often does a New thing start?

Cryo

The True Ice-Man
I sure as hell don't have the skill to start one myself, nor the ability to join into a 7, 12, 20 page long adventure either.

Furthermore, since I can't exactly read every entry for the last 2 years, do new characters suddenly appear? or is there supposed to be some sort of story behind them befor they can be used?

Cryo, you are making too big a deal out of this. This is supposed to be fun.
If you want, start in some of the threads with only 2 or 3 pages. Believe me, pages aren't that long. Read the stories, and pick a suitable character to join the fun (see the word fun there).
If you don't think you can handle it, then don't. There are tons of threads, and new ones starting soon. Hey, talk with Roland, he says he is starting a new west thread, you might get in with that.
The most important thing to do is to let you mind go with it, and please, for the love of all that is good in the world, HAVE FUN.

Sure. Fun. I gotit. The only trouble would be keeping it simple.

When you know too much about nuclier physics, it's impossible to answer a question with simply "yes" or "no". (pardon the analogy, it's all I've got)

Ok, if you want to keep it simple, then start simple. There are many threads here, but don't worry about those, worry about 1, just one thread, read it, and then post a familiar character in it in which you would like to play. One thread, and you can see how it goes, that seems pretty simple.

I just did that. it seems however that a story can be difficult to maintain when you can only guess what the other participants are doing or expecting.

It would seem difficult, wouldn't it, but actually that is the most fun. You never know what is going to happen next, it is like reading a book, but you don't know where it is going, or the ending, all you know is that you are in it.
Thats why you have to sit back, relax and watch it fly, if you have some ideas, just say
OOC: (that means you are talking outside of your character) and something like I want my character to be the brother of his character, and we can join forces since we were fighting.

Something like that, whatever ideas you have. And don't forget, if you don't have a good time in here, then my job has failed, and I am a bad person, don't make me a bad person, please...

it's not you. I think very complexly. It is said that every person has his story. But if a minotaur never exsisted, even in the stories, How do you seperate his descriptions and his life story, without ruining the fragile storyline?
(I'm not saying that my character is a minotaur, but he is very unique and unheard of to date)

thats where your first post comes in, tell a little bit about yourself. Say your name, rank, anything and everything that makes your character complete,
(including if it is a minotaur) and don't worry, as long as it hasn't been said before, it is ok, there is no compromising. I suggest you read the rules of Role Playing, they are three simple things we follow, simple easy, and with those guidelines, it is open for you to do whatever you want.

If you explain your character right off the bat, then where's the fun in revealing a little bit at a time over time? One of the few problems I have (believe it or not) is a character being misconstrued, and therefor his personality ruined in my own eyes.

Ahh... screw it. I'll just wing it and hope for the best.

To begin with, maybe only a little description of the appearance could do.

Back