How it started / How it's going

Djmac1031

Consumate BS Artist
My very first story here was about a guy who gets his prostate milked by an attractive woman doctor.

The story I'm currently working on will attempt to explain the origin of the universe, the nature of Good and Evil, and the true purpose of both Heaven and Hell.

I know. I must be crazy, right?

How the hell did I go from writing short strokers about the first time between two young lovers and a guy who enjoys masturbating for a cute redhead to Angels, Demons, Life, the Universe and Everything?

If you'd have told me two years ago I'd go from writing sex fantasies to actual Fantasy stories, I'd have laughed at you.

So, with all that in mind:

Tell us about where you started, where you're at, and the story / stories you never expected to write.

Tell us about where you started, where you're at, and the story / stories you never expected to write.
Unfortunately, due to Heisenberg the forum mod, I can only give you my position or my velocity, not both. Also, because of quantum effects, I'm not really sure I'm at anywhere in particular. My mind certainly does seem to be scattered here, there, and everywhere, so...
I can answer the last question honestly, though. Any/all.

Hmm. I started a little over three years ago with a story recalling steamy nights at a swinger hotel nearly 40 years ago, combined snippets from personal experience. Wrote three more experience-based tales in the space of a month. All were moderately well received.

Then nothing for, oh, a year-and-a-half. Or, rather, at least nothing published. I was working diligently on a long, multi-chapter tome about fun with friends at a nudist resort, some sorta/kinda keyed from real life, but the fantasy portions went off the rails into an interwoven story line that can't be published on LitE. So it sits. One modified chapter made it, and was my first (and last) foray into LW. It cut a little too close to an IRL drama recently, so I asked Laurel to remove it.

The unexpected next story was a fantasy based on a minor diversion in the resort tale. I never saw myself writing outright fiction, just roman à clef stories from an adventurous life, but it blossomed into a grand story I have great fun with, living vicariously through the eyes and thoughts of the MMC. Even more unexpected was delving into spirituality. The spiritual parts haven't been published yet (just hinted at), but will be very soon as they're ready to upload. There's one more installment (also multi-chapter) to follow, but it's in need of holes filled and better clarity in the overall plot. The finale on that story is done, just need a few things worked out for the trip from here to there.

Where I'm at right now is expanding on a theme perpetrated by this year's Nude Day theme contest. That particular inspiration spawned another long tale, with three chapters in time for the ND deadline, a fourth already up, a fifth that just so happens to be in the queue for "NEW" tomorrow morning, a sixth in final edit, and a seventh just started. Have no idea how to put a bow on that one since it follows two couples living together in real-life contemporary settings, doing things both mundane and profane.

I need to return to the resort spin-off. I owe the ladies in that story some attention. I miss them.

My very first story here was about a guy who gets his prostate milked by an attractive woman doctor.

The story I'm currently working on will attempt to explain the origin of the universe, the nature of Good and Evil, and the true purpose of both Heaven and Hell.

I know. I must be crazy, right?

How the hell did I go from writing short strokers about the first time between two young lovers and a guy who enjoys masturbating for a cute redhead to Angels, Demons, Life, the Universe and Everything?

If you'd have told me two years ago I'd go from writing sex fantasies to actual Fantasy stories, I'd have laughed at you.

So, with all that in mind:

Have you considered therapy for your obvious God complex, hun?

That or maybe hanging out with a better class of authors 😊.

Shit, I said author. Scribbler. Striver. Muddler. Stroke story creator….

Em

CAVEAT: Emily may have drunk too much wine. Emily needs to go to bed. Emily is referring to herself in the third person, which is always a bad thing.

CAVEAT: Emily may have drunk too much wine. Emily needs to go to bed. Emily is referring to herself in the third person, which is always a bad thing.

Don't feel too bad, Em. I'm coming down from an industrial-strength pain killer having pulled a shoulder muscle schlepping my tuba this evening. Yes, it dulls the pain... and the rest of me, too.

:rolleyes:

I started out with two stories, one a daft mythological tentacle story, the other the first in the tale of Alina X- in which Ali meets stone giants in a Spanish cave. That latter developed into a long and quite entertaining fantasy version of me.

Over the years I've done a lot of futa stuff and even a fair bit of incest, very often straying into non-con territory. But where I've had the most passion for characters and detail is in my science fiction and fantasy series. Although I'm not a fan of crossovers as a reader, I've recently been setting out to unify three different fantasy series and a fourth sci-fi series into a single grand sci-fi / fantasy epic.

I started with a little fetish thing based on an, "I've never told anyone about this before," tale from a Tumblr girl. Half a Lit page.

Then I wrote a 27 chapter shaggy dog Erotic Horror yarn, and at the end of that I had a style and a stream of consciousness approach to writing that I've never changed. And my lowest scored chapter, which I regard with a lot of affection - discovering that even hardened EH fans have their limits is quite an achievement.

I then wrote various other bits and bobs before taking a risk and writing something I know nothing about - the story of a woman with a broken spine and the able bodied man who falls for her. The reaction to that story (Rope and Veil) astonished me, especially the thanks from folk with disabilities for given them an erotic voice, and acknowledgement from fellow writers. I came of age with that story.

More bits and bobs followed, before I took a year off to write my take on the Arthurian Myth. Then an angel and an astronaut on Titan, some transgender pieces including two co-written with @stickygirl, some self-referential stories that looped back on earlier works, and a whole bunch of suburban erotica with at least one scene in whatever my favourite café was at the time.

Slow burn stories featuring contemporary women with self-awareness and agency - mood pieces really, observational stuff, that I call nostalgic erotica.

I started out writing fanfics. These days I’m still writing fanfics… and an occasional original work. :) I like to think all my stories are unique and interesting. Hope readers agree.

I started in 2004 under a different name here. Just stroke pieces really. At the time, I thought they were good. Reading them today, not so much. They did satisfy the writing bug at that time.

Flash forward almost 20 years. The responsibilities of parenting and caring for parents are no longer present. The need to write again surfaced but I wanted a fresh start. New name, fuller stories, more complete characters, not just sex (but that too). I believe I have accomplished those objectives, yet I'm aware that I could do better.

Several more chapters to write to bring my lovebirds to their conclusion. Then I'm shifting gears to write a sci-fi piece. It's just at the rough notes and scribbles stage. The theme is genetic engineering, unforeseen consequences and the need to let nature steer without meddling. Or something like that. All with a romantic approach. Wish me luck. This could be years in the making.

I’ve been writing a very long time, and honestly I prefer work with non-erotic focus, but given that’s Literotica’s main operation it’s given me an opportunity to practice. I do feel I’ve improved with my writing overall since I returned to publish here.

So it started with me winging it on an apocalypse story, abandoning it for years because of real world shit, and then returning years later after readers reached out.

I’m now a much more intricate planner. I now know I don’t want my writing world to end dead stop at pushing out repetitive strokers. I also know Lit as a platform has its places for me to practice solo writing, but I feel I have more fun on my other websites where I write collaboratively for pleasure and only that.

Going from where I am now, I’m just gonna utilize this platform to write all kinds of random smutty nonsense as I have the urge to, and continue honing my skill set for when I decide to push something mainstream. That’ll definitely be soon, got a few gems I’m fleshing out behind the scenes. 😌

The first story I wrote was In The Hallway. I came up with what I thought was a fun concept that led to a light dominance-submission encounter between a man and woman in an office building. Just before finishing it, the 2016 winter story deadline loomed, so I put that story down and churned out The Holiday Party in 24 hours. That's probably the closest thing to a throwaway story I've written, although it was OK. I quickly finished In The Hallway and submitted it in December 2016. It remains my highest-rated story, which I suppose is cause for a small degree of chagrin, nearly seven years later. But I had a lot of fun with that story.

Since then I've published 56 stories in a variety of categories, although my "bread and butter" stories to date have been incest and exhibitionist stories involving middle-aged women.

I'm pleased with how things have gone but I'd like to be more prolific than I have. I have dozens of story ideas and the desire, but seemingly not always the discipline, to keep turning the ideas into actual, published stories.

I started out putting my fantasies on paper, because it gives me pleasure to write. All of my stories are about a man living the life I would like to live, and my characters are the kind of people I want to spend my life with. I would love it if others appreciated my stories, but I don't write for others, I write for myself.

I've always told myself stories in my head, mostly fantasy, always about women I know, but as I got older, starred to remember past events. After reading a bunch of stories over the year elsewhere, I finally decided to share my own true stories, based on my point of view. Mostly shared them to see if it would help me not think of them so much and I feel like it did work.

From there, I just kept writing about people I know and fantasies I've had about them.

I started with short strokers that were semiautobiographical in nature, and now I'm writing some action/adventure stories averaging around 40k words that people like. I've received multiple nominations and multiple awards... How I got here is due to my health collapsing and my job evaporating leaving me with nothing to do but write. It's going pretty good, I'm getting some recognition, a few coins from the contests, and I'm filling the time I have left.

Last edited:
Started doing creative writing in high school and then college. Teachers/professors begged me to not give it up, even if I didn't do it professionally.

I gave it up.

Almost thirty years later, I wanted to make a visual novel. The only creative writing I'd done in the interim had mostly been in my head or hastily scribbled notes: backstories for RPG characters, improvised bits of adventures for friends, filling in the gaps for a piece of fiction that didn't make sense to me. I loved the writing part of VN creation. I tolerated the programming part, since it was more of my day job. I came to loathe the art creation, all the fiddling with lighting and posing and the like in Daz3D.

I had read stories on Literotica off and on since nearly the beginning of the site. I don't remember how I ended up in LW; cheating wives had never been a turn-on for me--still isn't, for that matter--but somehow I found the tides had shifted towards relationship/divorce drama, and I was hooked. It's funny, because that's also something I'd never really cared about. I've always been a sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, etc. type of guy. But something about the stories spoke to me, even though I'd only ever been cheated on once as far as I know, way back in college.

Then I read "February Sucks," and it bored into my brain. I'm not the only one, but I needed to make sense of the nightmare logic of the story, so I made some notes. And then I made more notes. And then I decided to start by writing my own stuff first and come back to it after I felt more comfortable. I began writing "After the Future is Gone," but halfway through I had a panic attack. "What if this is crap? What if I'm crap? This looks good to me, but I'm sure everybody's stuff looks good to them, and I know some of these guys are fooling themselves. Am I?" So I posted a short story, "I Know My Wife," just to get something out there. It got a largely positive reaction, so I kept at AtFtG. I posted the first part of that, and it got a huge reaction. And now, here I am.

I would have never predicted I'd be here less than a year later. I thought maybe I'd get a couple hundred followers if I was lucky, that I'd have to work hard on my writing for anyone to care about it, that I'd burn out and want to stop like I do with most of my hobbies. And while I d need to improve (I always will), and I am a little burned out at the moment (too. many. events.), I desperately want to write more. I've got two stories up on Smashwords, with lots more to come once I've completed my 52 works in 52 weeks here on LitE. FFS, I got nominated for Most Influential Writer! I know--as several people have been happy to point out--that it's a popularity contest, but that still means I was popular enough to get nominated! How the hell did that happen?

I am immensely grateful for this site, the people that read my stories, and the writers I've talked to. Even the ones I disagree with; maybe especially the ones I disagree with. I'm grateful for the friends I've made, real world friends I hope to meet one day. I'm grateful that my wife has embraced and encouraged this weird little hobby that's actually somehow generated a bit of money. I'm grateful that it's made me a better husband and father by giving me an outlet to channel my negative emotions into and to make me think more about the internal lives of others.

As to the stories I never thought I'd write? Kayfabe, for sure. Couldn't stand cuck stuff when I started writing. It's still not my kink, but I'm really proud of that story and even prouder that I understand a group of people better because of writing it. Five Nights With Freddy, my collaboration with the wonderful @seraph_nocturne (speaking of gratitude). Publishing an audio story read by @elizaloo (there's that gratitude again!) working off a story I'd written. Getting to beta read and edit for so many wonderful authors, including our OP.

I could go on and on, but I need to get back to the story I'm writing. I hope y'all have a great Sunday.

I started writing in early 2021 after leaving my job for health issues. I wrote my first story on a whim thinking, 'one can't hurt'. It did a little, but I found I enjoyed writing, and kept on trying. I had the idea for a semi-romantic brother/ sister story, which in one day catapulted over what my first story had garnered in four months after publishing.

The surprise was that while having no real world experience with incest, either personally or knowing anyone who had, I am most comfortable creating that sort of tale. For whatever reason, they seem to flow more smoothly as I write. I've always enjoyed reading taboo stories, but never would've thought I could write them.

My stories are slow in coming because of chronic headaches and the lack of sleep thereof, only publishing seven since I began writing two years ago. I am currently working on a new story I feel pretty good about, and trying to finish another I started some time ago. If I hit a wall on one, I switch to the other for a while until I sort out any problems. Both are I/T stories. One, like most of what I write, is another semi-romantic story, and the other is a silly romp where incest has been in the family for generations.

If I/T is my niche, I'm okay with that. I enjoy writing and reading such stories. That said, I also enjoy writing a few other types of erotica as well and will continue venturing into those as long as I'm able.

WB

Great replies, all. Thanks for sharing.

My biggest worry when it came to expanding my storytelling beyond a simple sex tale (I still write those, too) is none of my ideas would be original.

That I'd steal too heavily from too many famous, well established stories.

And do it poorly.

And, to a certain degree, that's come true. All my stories have borrowed from something somewhere.

But I have surprised myself by managing to put my own (hopefully) unique spin on them.

My current Heaven And Hell saga (I need a better name for it lol) is influenced by all kinds of things: Mythology, the Bible, Star Wars, and of course the show Good Omens.
Just finished re-watching season one and was relieved to find that while I mirror certain themes, I didn't subliminally steal directly from it too much lol.

Im actually outlining and plotting the stories, something I never did when I first started.

I was a "Pantser," just sitting down and writing whatever came to mind.

I still am, on some stories. But not these new ones.

It's going to take time because I truly need to build the world, flesh out a lot of details and rules, before I can actually write the third one.

Meanwhile the second one is finished but on hold for a bit until I'm sure I have everything I need to connect it with the third to make it complete.

And I actually have the patience to wait, again something I didn't have when I started.

I had two early "series" fizzle out because I didn't actually have a game plan, nor an ending. I just winged it and published.

So learning to wait on a story is something new for me lol.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
Damn it! He beat me to it. I mean, the guy must be hung like a horse to call it a tuba.

The story I never thought I'd write is definitely my lone noncon/rel story. I'm just not a guy who could in any way harm a woman or cause her to be afraid of me. That's just not who I am. But when the thread on rape fantasy popped up a few months ago, I was intrigued and decided to stretch my limits a bit.

Damn it! He beat me to it. I mean, the guy must be hung like a horse to call it a tuba.

The story I never thought I'd write is definitely my lone noncon/rel story. I'm just not a guy who could in any way harm a woman or cause her to be afraid of me. That's just not who I am. But when the thread on rape fantasy popped up a few months ago, I was intrigued and decided to stretch my limits a bit.
Just no tuba stretching

Just no tuba stretching
NyJ1.gif

Back