How do you prefer your eggs?

I enjoy my eggs several different ways, depending on my mood: over easy with runny yolks for dipping, poached on a toasted, buttered English muffin, in an egg salad sandwich, or in an omelette with cheese... just about any kind of cheese.

Over easy generally, but hard if on a sandwich
In 1957 I joined the Air Force for 4 years. During that time the standard breakfast was eggs cooked to order. The cooks wanted to get the troops through breakfast as soon as possible SO they would crank up the griddle temperature extremely high so if you asked for eggs over easy they slapped the eggs on the grill and of course the white would quickly gel and they flipped it over. The other side gelled quickly then they dropped it on your tray. Looked great EXCEPT when you cut into it the uncooked white ran out with the raw yoke. I got out of AF with a very picky opinion of how I wanted my eggs cooked. The white must be perfectly gelled and the slightly cooked yoke flow freely. My wife who liked scrambled eggs found me hard to please.

I'm going to try that being i make a great Tiramisu !! There's a lot of eggs in Tiramisu !! so 'ill say thats how i like my eggs lol
What do you use for the filling? Maybe you’re an expert at Zabaglione without ever having called it by name.

Egg drop soup is a good way to eat eggs.

What do you use for the filling? Maybe you’re an expert at Zabaglione without ever having called it by name.

Egg drop soup is a good way to eat eggs.
You know i think you might be right!! But it seems more of a batter than real fluffy. But i like to try it. My wife is the baker .

I preferred boiling convenience until I developed a boiled egg intolerance. I am relearning egg cooking from scratch. I had not cracked an egg in decades. I did not have a frying pan, spatula, or cooking oil.

How about thrown at a mean person’s house? Or better yet, your best friend’s house and blame it on the mean person…oops.

I’m not a fan of eggs since the Atkins craze. Sometimes the smell makes me gag.

Back