How do I find a writer's profile

KingOfNowhere

Really Experienced
Answer found here, thanks Zeb.

With this new format, I can't seem to find a writer's profile. You used to click on their screen name, and it popped right up. No longer.

Can anyone help me with this. I found someone I want to look into, to see if "she" -- her screen name is vague regarding gender -- would be a good roleplay partner. But without being able to find the profile, I don't know.

I could read through her roleplay postings, of course, but it would be much easier if I could simply find the profile page.

Last edited:
Go to the main menu, click on stories and pictures, then scroll down to search for member, enter the authors name, and press return.

I know kind of clunky but since they brought the new forums online the to sides aren't connected the way they used to be.

1662078714235.png

When reading a story, click on the authors name and go to the Biography tab

Click on the name of the person, then click on about. Most new members won't have anything there though.

I thank everyone for their replies.

However, what I was really trying to find out was this: is there a one or two key stroke way of going directly from a writer's post to their profile, like we did in the "old days" before this horrendous "update".

I thank everyone for their replies.

However, what I was really trying to find out was this: is there a one or two key stroke way of going directly from a writer's post to their profile, like we did in the "old days" before this horrendous "update".
Hover over the name, click the avatar, then click about. That will get you the users profile for the forums.

That worked, thank you. Why the hell did they make it so hard? I hope @Manu caught a bunch of shit over this overhaul. What a failure.

Back