how did an anonymous comment disappear?

DanDraper

Good kind of crazy
Today I had two anonymous comments on one of my stories and one of them just disappeared. I know you can delete comments someone made on your own stories and you can delete your own comments from someone else's story, but in those cases you're logged in and made those comments with a username. But how do you delete an anonymous comment that is made on a story?
The comment that was deleted did not violate any guidelines, so I have no idea how it disappeared like that.

Interesting. I've had at least one mysteriously disappear, although IIRC it was abusive, but not more or less abusive than the other comments on the same story. It was in LW, so no mystery there.

Anyway, maybe something caught the moderator's eye that didn't hit you as a problem. C'est la vie.

Today I had two anonymous comments on one of my stories and one of them just disappeared. I know you can delete comments someone made on your own stories and you can delete your own comments from someone else's story, but in those cases you're logged in and made those comments with a username. But how do you delete an anonymous comment that is made on a story?
The comment that was deleted did not violate any guidelines, so I have no idea how it disappeared like that.

One can make anonymous comments when logged in, and then you can delete them as well. I'd suspect they changed their mind about how bad or good the story was. ;) But that's an assumption by me, and everyone knows what that means.

One can make anonymous comments when logged in, and then you can delete them as well.

Ah, that's right. My edu-guess is when you select the anonymous option the comments are still tagged internally to your log-in. Highly likely.

One can make anonymous comments when logged in, and then you can delete them as well. I'd suspect they changed their mind about how bad or good the story was. ;) But that's an assumption by me, and everyone knows what that means.
I forgot you can make anonymous comments when you're logged in, I guess that's why it dissappeared.
The comment was negative, so maybe the person changed their mind about what they said.

It wasn't me, I never post anon, and I never give bad reviews. I might email or IM you with constructive criticism.
I forgot you can make anonymous comments when you're logged in, I guess that's why it dissappeared.
The comment was negative, so maybe the person changed their mind about what they said.

I had one Anon comment saying his original comment had somehow disappeared but he enjoyed the story so much he had to comment again.

I left a reply on the off chance he checked back to assure him I didn't delete it.

No idea what happened.

Glitch in the Matrix I guess.

Other possibility, sometimes comments are visible to the author via your "Works" page before they show up to the general public. If you saw the comment via your Works/notifications first, and then looked at the main story page a little while later, it might not be visible there yet. If that's the case it'll show up soon.

I've made an anonymous comment a couple of times (for reasons other than leaving purely negative feedback, I assure you), and I didn't see my comments in my profile afterwards.

That being said, a user's... information... is tied to so many things, so even if your name isn't attached to the comment publicly, it still is on their server somewhere. Then you delete your account, and poof! The comment is gone.

No explanation other than that.

Back