He Wore Black Velvet (closed for Perplexia)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
The sky was clear. The moon and stars shining down over the forests of southern Oregon. A precious sight that would soon become rare as Summer ended and the clouds obscured the sky once more. It was very close to that tipping point – mid-September. For the majority of the year, clear views of the stars were scarce, which was a bit depressing for nocturnals. However, for Sebastian Dane, the grey skies also brought with them an advantage – he could avoid direct sunlight during the day.

The ultraviolet radiation would not outright kill one with Sebastian's... affliction. But his skin and eyes were more susceptible to the Sun's rays, making any prolonged venture on a bright day... unpleasant. Fortunately for him, those instances were exceedingly rare.

Sebastian allotted most of his time to music, art, and literature within the walls of Dane Manor, nestled between the trees of his sprawling estate. An exception to this was whenever he sought to satisfy his lust... or his thirst. Tonight was not one of those nights, however. He had fed recently, which would keep him sated for at least a couple of weeks. He only hunted when he needed to, and never brought his prey back to his home. He never allowed anyone else entry to his manor, and had even built the house and installed the electrical wiring himself.

He contemplated his long, unnatural life as he stood on his back deck, gazing up at the stars through his telescope. The large glass doors leading into his kitchen were open, the sound of Scandinavian viking metal from the nearby stereo washing out over the deck. Sebastian often found peace and serenity in the presence of a room filled with various European power metal songs playing,
the bold, symphonic melodies uniting guitars and drums with pianos, violins, flutes, and bagpipes.

Gazing into the wee hours of the morning, Sebastian noticed the light from the Sun begin to creep from below the horizon. That signaled it was time for him to retire inside for the day. The doors closed, the music and lights turned off, he made his up the stairs to his bedroom. That day he had only worn his black silk robe, as he often did when not leaving the property.

Shedding the only thing covering his body, he stood in front of his tall mirror completely nude, as he always slept. His thick beard and long mane of brown hair, mixed with his tall, ripped, muscular body gave him quite the barbarian appearance. He had always wondered where the myth came that vampires could not see their own reflection, as if photons did not still bounce between the mirror and their retinas.

After grabbing a drink of water from his bathroom sink, Sebastian turned out his lights and climbed into his enormous bed, outfitted with silk sheets matching the robe he had hung on his bathroom door. His thick curtains kept out the light, and as the Sun rose, the beast slept. Well, for a few hours, anyway. Of course, that's when a little brat came snooping around.

Sebastian shot awake as he sensed someone crossing the proximity outline surrounding his property. Unseen to the naked eye, the trees along the edge of the estate had runes inscribed into the wood. The vampire also happened to be an accomplished sorcerer, and had heavily enchanted the land surrounding his home when he had first constructed it over a century prior.

He immediately felt there was an intruder, and wanting to appear as “vampiric” as possible, he channeled his supernatural speed to swiftly dress in one of his gothic black velvet suits, and rushed down to the foyer. Peering out the window, he saw a young woman walking towards his home, as if she was searching for something.

“Damn it,” he muttered under his breath. “A witch? A hunter? How did she find this place? Why am I fucking talking to myself?!”

Sebastian knew he could only step outside for a few moments due to the blazing sunlight, but he had to try and scare that woman off. This was the first time someone had ever stepped foot on his property in many years. Whatever her reason here, she had to go, or she had to die. He had to make a move.

To anyone walking up to the house, it would have seemed like a scene out of a horror movie. A shadowy blur of black smoke shot from the front doors out across the yard, stopping right in front of the young trespasser. The blur collected into a rolling mist that appeared to be generating its own internal lightning strikes, while the image of a tall, bearded man in a gothic suit looked out at her from within the black cloud. His face was contorted into an unnatural, carnal, beast-like snarl, his eyes were glowing reddish-yellow, and his canine teeth were growing into enormous fangs. He let out an ungodly, infernal roar and reached out for her throat with clawed hands.

And then, he stopped. He looked into her eyes, saw her angelic face, and suddenly his heart softened. He looked her body up and down, and realized just then how attracted he was to her. He was immediately overcome with intense feelings of lust, wanting to rip her clothing off and take her right there. He didn't know where this was coming from, but suspected she was casting a spell on him or some kind of succubus.

Sebastian was unwilling to give in to his lust at that moment, but also unwilling to lose the opportunity. His glare of murderous intent had turned into one of animalistic lust, leading to an awkward silence between them. He was surprised she hadn't tried to run, and when he was reminded of the Sun beating down on him, he quickly grabbed the girl, gave her forehead a magical tap with his finger to knock her unconscious, and rushed inside.

A few minutes later, the girl woke to find herself shackled in the basement, confused and disoriented as the vampire paced back and forth angrily muttering under his breath. When he noticed she had awoken, he stomped over to her.

“Who are you?!” he demanded, pointing a finger at her. His voice boomed with an unnatural bass, his eyes still glowing. “What are you doing here?!”

TPfvm5y.jpg

Attachments

• Sebastian Dane.jpg
    Sebastian Dane.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
julianne-hough-nina-dobrev-hailee-steinfeld-jamie-king-swift-concert-28.jpg
Curiosity killed the cat, and thus the nosy college girl that would get nosy over a century old mystery.

Alexandra Corbinov, an orphaned 19 year old was taking her role as editor of the college paper seriously. “Mr. Franklin” she sighed addressing her advisor one morning. “We simply need more space; can I store some of these unused desks somewhere?”

The gruff teacher looked up from his paper. He looked as if he was on another all night bender with his ruffled hair and droopy eyes.

“Take this key to the storage room on the south wing. I’d take you myself but the old wing gives me the creeps. Jasper, David: help Alex take three desks to the storage.”

“Yes Mr. Franklin” The boys said in almost unison. Both had been trying to win her affection since day one.

Alex rolled her brown eyes, although the act of chivalry wasn’t lost on her, she did wish he had chosen two different people to help. She never thought of herself as attractive, she was more of the book worm concentrating on her Nancy Drew mysteries as a child, then after her parents died she found her own mysteries to investigate, whether it was a missing cat, or a set of missing keys. She’d look for anything really, to keep her mind busy and not thinking about her circumstances.
She had been lucky and a rich estranged aunt had taken her in at 16, leaving her everything when she recently passed. Alex decided to invest in her education. It had always been her dream to go away to college and make words her life. Southern Oregon University had a wonderful communications program, so she jumped at the opportunity when she was accepted.

Unlocking the door to the storage room, the boys tried not to look like they were exhausted from each carrying a desk on their own and having to walk halfway across campus to store it. She motioned for where they could stack them and sent them back for the remaining desk. The dark cobwebbed room didn’t bother her, but instead intrigued her. Looking at the back table she accidently tripped and caught herself on the wall. This resulted In a thump on the other side. She immediately started searching for a door. Moving a old book case she found it and pushed it opened.

Inside she found what looked to be an old office. Light streamed through the cracked newspaper on the windows. An old school paper led her to see it was the old Journalism room. On the floor was a journal open with a few note cards sprawled. Hearing the boys arguing she picked it up and stuck it in her waistband before exiting the room before they got there.

Something tingled in her mind, and her stomach. This could lead her to a mystery. After reorganizing the class room she retired to her dorm room. She had been lucky; her dorm mate hadn’t shown up, so she was on her own. In a way it was disappointing she had hoped to meet a friend for life here. Taking out the Journal she read it.

‘Property of Ann Hastings Editor of SOU Herald’
‘Entry 1’ 10/10/1923
Today I came across a beautiful house in the woods. According to property records, all of the forest is protected by the government as a national park. So no one should be residing there. Whomever owns it must have built it themselves. If I hadn’t gotten lost I would have never found it. I’ll go again and see if I can find out who lives there. Maybe there’s a story there.

‘Entry 2’ 10/20/1923
I met him and have seen him three times since my last entry. He’s scary and roguish and yet when he speaks to me it’s as if I’m the only person in the world. He built the cabin on his own, and I shall keep this secret for the rest of my life. Flagpole 423 sw right 123 left 689

‘Entry 3’ 11/15/1923
I’ve seen him five more times from my last post. For what he is I should be scared, but I’m not. He has one of the most intelligent minds I’ve ever known. It doesn’t hurt that he’s drop dead gorgeous. I never thought about marriage till I met him. If he asks I’ll say yes. I know it’s only been a short time, but to know him, is to love him.

‘Entry 4’ 01/12/1924
SD says he’s never met anyone like me and wants me to stay with him. He wants me to marry him and be his companion. I have some decisions to make. All I know for certain Is I love him.

Alex flipped through the pages and found no more entries. Her mind was swimming with questions. What secret could this SD have that was so important she would guard it with her life?

Did she run off to be with him? Or did she get her heart broken. Turning on her computer she reveled in the whiring of it as it loaded up.

Finding whitepages.com she looked up the name Ann Hastings. There was none. No of course there wouldn’t be, she would have been 111 this year or older. There was one Hastings listed so she pulled out her cell and called it.

“Hi is this Alfred Hastings?”

“yes”

“Hi my name is Alexandra I’m the editor of the SOU paper and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?”

“About what? I’m no one important”

“I was looking into a former student here, from around 1924 named Ann Hastings, are you a relation?”

“She was my mothers sister, she disappeared on Valentines day in 1924 I believe. They said she ran off with some guy and was never heard from again.”

“Okay thank you so much for your time have a great day”

So that was it, she ran off with SD. Looking back numbers she had written, she decided to go looking for the house and see if she could find it. I mean she had to write them down for a reason right?

It was Saturday morning when headed out on her hike. She made a decision that the numbers must be steps. Packing water and some food she made her way to the flagpole. Using a compass app determined which way was sw and started walking.

After a few hours she finally saw it. Wow the house was gorgeous, she wondered if anyone lived there. Maybe Ann and SD’s off spring? Alex let out a gasp as black smoke seemed to bellow from the houses front door. ‘How fascinating and weird is that’ she found herself thinking as she came face to face with the image of a tall, bearded man in a Gothic suit looked out at her from within the black cloud. She raised her hand to reach out to try an touch it so see if it was real. But stopped her advance, when a clawed hand reached toward her throat.

“What..” was all she got out before she was tapped on the forehead and found herself waking in chains in what appeared to be a make shift dungeon. This glow eyed creature came into focus the same eyes that she’d seen in the smoke. Ignoring his question she retorted back “Who and what are you, I’m not the one all smoky and glowy. Why do you have me chained are you afraid of a little girl?”

Sebastian could feel his anger rising as the girl looked back at him defiantly. This only reinforced his assumption that she was a witch or a hunter or a succubus there to kill him.

"You answer me first!" he boomed. "You are the one who trespassed onto my land! What is your business here!" He glared at her, but then felt his lust begin to boil once more after noticing how tantalizing her thighs looked from her position on the floor, the low light shining upon her silky smooth skin.

Again their eyes locked, and he envisioned what her lips would taste like, her tongue wrapped around his. How it would feel to run his tongue down her neck, to firmly grasp her breasts, to moisturize his beard between her thighs. To see her mouth stretched around his member, to see remnants of her saliva on his testicles, glistening in the light as their discarded clothing laid strewn about.

He could take her right then. She was chained up. She would have no choice but to obey him. He could keep her down here and have his way with her whenever he wanted. Every single day. Multiple times a day. She would be his sex slave. Three holes ready to please him at a moment's notice. She was his now. She was his property, and he would use her in any way he pleased. She had no say in the matter.

As these carnal thoughts went through his mind, he maintained eye contact, lusting after her body like a hungry animal. His mouth then curled into a demented little smile and he licked his lips. He released a short chuckle, crossed his arms in front of his chest, and shook his head.

"You're good," laughed Sebastian. "Amplifying my thoughts like that. A succubus, then?" In the same wispy black smoke as before, he sped from the room in a blur, returning a moment later with a strange white crystal in his hand.

"Let's see what you are, shall we?" he said with a smirk and held the crystal it front of her. The white rock began to glow a pinkish-purple, casting a wave of light over the young woman. Sebastian anxiously waited for the color to change, but nothing. It maintained the same shade.

"Odd," he said with a sigh as he powered down the rock and set it on a table nearby, with his back turned to her. "It would appear you are a normal human..." Realizing his thoughts were not magically induced, but a product of his carnal nature and her sheer sexual attractiveness, he sighed again. He turned back around to face her, the smoke, glowing eyes, and fangs gone now.

"So why are you here, then?" he asked again, calmer this time.

Last edited:
Her eyes widened as he demanded answers first. He looked for a moment like he wanted to devour her. Then he called her a succubus? what was that about. This guy was just batty. Then he advised she was just a human.

"Well of course i'm just a human, what are you some sort of creepy magician?"

Realizing she might as well just cooperate she sighed. "My name is Alexandra, or Alex Corbanov, i'm a student at SOU, Editor of the college paper. I found this old journal in a hidden room." She pulled the journal from her bag and tossed it to him.

"There was a girl named Ann that disappeared from our college back in 1924, i found what i interpreted as steps on how to get her. I wanted to see if what she said was real. I like mysteries" she shrugged. Perhaps if she wasn't chained she would have appreciated his handsomeness a bit more. He truly was breathtaking.

"Look i didn't mean to cause you any distress, i can just go and never return if that's what you want. You can keep the journal, i don't have a copy of how to get here."

"Alexandra?" asked Sebastian, curiously. "Interesting." Someone from his past once had a name very similar. He continued to gaze upon her hungrily, drinking in her radiant beauty and flawless skin as she spoke. When she mentioned Ann, his eyes dropped to the floor for a moment. He then picked up the journal and read through it.

"Yes, I remember Ann," he confirmed after a long silence, then looked back up at Alex, a pained expression on his face. "She was my wife. She lived here with me for most of her adult life... She passed away some time ago..."

Sebastian walked over and set the book down on the table next to the crystal. "But she didn't have to... She didn't have to leave. She chose a natural death over eternity with me... I am the SD mentioned in the journal... I am Sebastian Dane. You're probably asking yourself how that is possible, but it's better that you don't know."

He seemed genuinely grieved over having lost Ann, but let out a deep sigh and returned his gaze to Alex. "I'm sorry I locked you up." He snapped his fingers and her shackles opened in a little flash of sparkles. He held eye contact with her for another moment, then turned and ascended the stairs, leaving the cellar door open for her to exit as well. He left her to see herself out and walked to his study, a large room with tall bookcases dominating one wall and his own paintings on another. Turning on Phantom of the Opera by Nightwish on his stereo, he walked over to his easel and began painting.

Inquiring minds..of course she needed to know. She could see the loss written all over his face. But how was that even possible. She rubbed her ankles and wrists as he went up the staircase.

"Wait Mr. Dane.." she called after him but he disappeared into the house. She should have taken the route out of the cellar. But she couldn't. There was a story here. So instead she followed him up the stairs and into his library where he stood and painted.

"Excuse me sir, but what do you mean she could have stayed, what do you mean you're the same person.. how is that even possible? Please i have to know the answers."

There was a tone of desperation in her voice, as if she didn't get the answers it would slowly kill her. Of course that was the desperation the hunger for the details that flooded through her veins. "Please i won't tell a soul, but i have to know."

Sebastian sighed as Alex entered his study, continuing to paint for several long minutes before setting down his brush and turning to face her. "There are many things in this world beyond the normal eye of mankind," he explained. "I am the same person that married Ann in 1924. I was married once before that in 1858. I am nearly two centuries old, I can summon fangs, and I drink blood... I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks..."

He turned back around, picked up the brush and continued painting. "I can bestow my gift upon others, but Ann refused. She feared that embracing eternity with me meant she would never see her family in Heaven. As if such a place really existed."

She listened and watched him as he spoke. His body language indicated he believed what he was telling her. She did see fangs and glowing eyes. "So you're saying that vampires are real, and you're one of them that's close to a 100 years old, and an atheist. A vampire that paints.. mmkay.."

The disbelief lingered slightly before she continued. "So what's with the black smoke? I remember puffs of smoke and bats but not what i swear i saw you do."

"So let's say you are a vampire, that vampires are real...it's daytime why are you not in a dead sleep in a coffin? Do crosses work? Holy Water? Do you eat real food? Do you turn into a bat? Do mirrors work?"

"Sorry, i tend to ramble when i get excited. Why would you tell me if you are?"

Sebastian couldn't help but laugh at her line of questioning. He turned back to face her. "Last month was my 194th birthday. And yes, I was asleep when you wandered onto my property and set off my alarm. It's kind of hard to go right back to sleep after that."

He continued talking as he returned to his painting. "As to your other questions -- no, crosses don't work, we don't turn into bats, and we see our reflections just fine. Our sight is based on photons bouncing and reflecting off physical objects and then interacting with the retinas in our eyes -- I never understood where some of these myths came from. Most of them are not based in science at all."

Sebastian continued his explanations as he painted. "The black smoke appears whenever a vampire is channeling their abilities. Our bodies shift the density of their mass to move at supernatural speeds, and the smoke -- and sometimes lightning -- is an effect of this world interacting with the Nether."

He knew she would require more information, so he pressed forward. "The Nether is a plane of energy that exists parallel to our material plane. Yes, you may wonder how one who is, as you stated, an atheist, could also believe in magic and alternate planes of existence? Well, firstly, I will say that the word atheist only describes the lack of faith in specific gods. In that regard, yes, I believe all man-made gods and religions are rubbish. I believe the concept of an afterlife where you retain your consciousness and join your family in Heaven is bullshit. Ann was a Catholic and believed in her faith very strongly, despite marrying a vampire."

He stopped for a moment before continuing. "Yes, I am a supernatural being. Yes, I can wield magic and channel power from mystical planes of existence. But that doesn't change the fact that my consciousness resides right here, " he said as he tapped the side of his forehead. "My gift alters my genetic composition in a way that allows me to stay young and live forever, but my consciousness is still dependent on neurons and neurochemical reactions in my brain. If this body ever truly dies, my mind dies with it. And before you ask, no, the dead cold skin and lack of a heartbeat is not real, that's a myth as well. Without a beating heart and consistent bloodflow, how do you think nutrients can be circulated throughout the body? And yes, that bloodflow creates body heat."

He chuckled and looked over his shoulder at Alex. "Any other questions?"

Alex listened intently trying to make mental notes of everything he was saying. She'd already told him she wouldn't tell, and she kept her word. She called it part of her journalistic integrity. So she didn't want to get out a notebook and make notes. But this was a lot of information for her brain to sort through. Even though it was terrifically interesting.

"Of course I have more questions, I don't know that I will never not have questions. This is fascinating, you are fascinating, the fact that I should be terrified and instead find myself full of excitement and questions is mind blowing to me. I mean you just had me chained in your basement, you could have killed me and no one would ever know. According to property records this place doesn't even exist. It's all part of the governments national forest requisition. How have you gotten away with living here so long? And how long did you live here before you met Ann? I am sorry for your loss by the way. I would like to know more about her. She seemed from what i read to be full of life and was completely in love with you. If you'd like I can find some articles she wrote in the archives and bring them to you. She seemed to love journalism like I do"

She took a moment to breath and take in his study. Her eyes continued to come back to him. This big viking looking man painting so delicately was a sight to behold. For a moment she wondered what it would be like to kiss him. To feel his arms around her body, touching her, woe where were these thoughts coming from? She'd only ever made out with a guy before and that was her high school boyfriend. Who cheated on her with the school whore when she wouldn't "give it up" as he called it.

Shaking here head lightly "Okay so What abilities do vampires have? How many more vampires are there? Do you all have the same abilities? You thought I was a succubus, which means they are real, what else is real? Are werewolves, witches , fairies, pixies , gnomes , shapeshifters, zombies, voodoo, or demons?"

"I built this house in 1897," Sebastian said as he began answering her questions. "At that time, I did legally purchase this land. However, I never updated it in the public records, which was easy to get away with back then. I still have the deed in my safe if the government ever comes knocking, and can pass myself off as my own descendant, but no one ever travels out to this area."

"As for our abilities," he continued, "it varies from person to person. The baseline enhancements are speed, agility, strength, and regeneration, but in my case, it also gave me a deep affinity for channeling magical energies. My sire was an accomplished sorceress, and she passed that on to me when she turned me. And yes, most of those beings you mentioned are real, but they all exist in the shadows, avoiding the watchful eyes of the Hunters."

He paused for a moment before continuing. "The Hunters are descendants of ancient clerics, and were part of the Crusades, the Knights Templar, the Inquisitions, and the Witch Trials. They worked hard to 'cleanse' the land and erase all magical folk from the historical records. So now we mostly hide. Luckily for me, however, they are not very active in North America. Most of their efforts are concentrated in parts of Europe and Southeast Asia, last I checked."

"I bet you have some fascinating stories. I would love to hear some, and with your permission maybe make a couple for fictional short stories. Of course we'd change names and such. Would you allow me that privilege?"

Even novels could be in her future with the material he had, she was sure of. But just meeting him it was a bit too soon to try and get his permission for that. "Do you ever get lonely way out here? Am I making a nuisance of myself? I tend to be passionate when it comes to a good tale. Will you tell me of your maker? Was it your choice to become a vampire?"

Her eyes studied him and took in his manly essence and beauty. He was rough. sexy, dangerous and a whole lot of bad boy wrapped up in an edible viking like package.

"You have my permission to write stories about me, under one condition," replied Sebastian, turning to look her in the eyes, grinning. "Don't say I fucking sparkle."

He smiled at her for a moment then returned to painting once more. The image was beginning to take on the form of a face -- Alex's face. "My sire went by many names in her long life, but she was Madam Tulah when I first met her. And no, it was not my choice to be sired, but I came to embrace it. Others of my kind attempt to suppress their true selves, feeling guilt and shame in what they are. But there is one major truth they neglect to recall."

He looked over his shoulder at Alex again and smirked. "We're all monsters."

Alex couldn’t help but break out laughing. Who would have thought a vampire could be funny. “I promise no shiny shiny.” She giggled again.

“I suppose everyone is a monster in some fashion or another. Although humans eyes may not glow, We have destroyed the planet, killed animals in the name of pride, extinguished thousands of species, there are countless acts done in one reason or another that. Anything outside the acceptable norm of society is even considered monstrous. Yes you can be frightful. But you’ve also shown me a more civil side then I’ve seen in some of my own kind.”

With that she tucked her hair behind her ear ensuring a small childhood scar remained hidden. “So tell me about Madame Tulah. Where did you meet her?”

Sebastian grinned again as he heard Alex laughing behind him, then realized she would probably be there a while asking questions. He gestured to the nearby sofa. "You may as well take a seat."

He then recalled his time with his sire, and although it did bring some discomfort, he delved further into his past. "I met Tulah in the Barbary Coast of San Francisco in 1849. She was a traveling gypsy and fortune teller cheating people out of their coins and I was a recent migrant there to earn a quick buck with the Gold Rush. Mostly everyone else was there for the same reason -- the Forty-Niners, they eventually called us. The Coast exploded into life with all the new arrivals, and became sort of a red-light district with dance halls, concert saloons, bars, jazz clubs, variety shows, and brothels. So, naturally, that's where I spent my nights."

He winked over his shoulder at her and resumed painting. "I was strolling through the market one evening after a long day of gold mining and happened upon Tulah's wagon. I had no idea what she was then, and it was a couple years before she sired me."

"It's starting to get dark, I should probably start heading back. If it gets dark i'll get lost. But I want to hear more. Would you mind if I take notes next time?" She questioned. "Oh I don't want to disturb your sleep again though. I can bring a tent and camp out for a couple nights, if that's okay?"

It wasn't a question of 'if' she could come again, just more of this is what i'll do when I do come 'is that okay'. There was something about him that was alluring. Not just that he was gorgeous. Of course that certainly didn't hurt. But it was the way he held himself. The way he spoke when remembering. She wanted to know more about him.

After all it's not every day that you meet a vampire, much less one living practically in your back yard. No one would believe her if she told them about him. But this wasn't something she would even consider telling. Why put one so reverent on display for the world? That was where her integrity kicked in.

"Would you be willing to walk me partly out. The journal had my only directions, and that belongs to you."

Sebastian looked up at the clock when Alex mentioned it getting dark -- he hadn't even noticed how much time had gone by. He then smiled at her. "Sure, you can take notes. And here, this will make it easier for you to get back." He rushed out of the study with his vampiric speed and returned a moment later, handing her a teardrop-shaped sapphire amulet on a golden chain.

"This was Ann's," he explained. "I crafted this amulet to make it easier for her to find the Manor again. Wear it around your neck and just close your bare hand around the gem. When it makes contact with your skin and senses your intent, it will conjure the illusion of a small orb of blue light that will guide you back here."

He walked her to the front doors, but stopped there. "I'm not too keen to step back out into the sun just yet, so this is where I bid you farewell. I'm not sure why I am trusting you with all this, but something tells me you won't betray me. And hey, sorry about almost killing you earlier and chaining you in my basement."

He stood in the doorway and waved at her as she left. "Oh, by the way," he called after her, "no need to bring a tent. I can find somewhere for you to sleep inside the house."

Alex thanked him for the amulet and the willingness to let her write the stories, as well as being able to use a guest room. For what he was, Sebastian Dane was rather friendly. She should probably be wary of this, but the stories he could tell her outweighed rational thinking.

Holding the orb she pictured the school and followed the blue light to the end of the forest before letting go and heading back to her room. Once in she closed the door and fell back on her bed. She pinched herself to ensure she hadn't lost her mind. Taking the amulet off she put it in her drawer and locked it. The last thing she wanted to do was answer questions about the stone that would lead her back to the vampire.

School was rough that week, and she still found herself day dreaming about SD. She worked on the story here and there and dedicated the rest of the time to her studies. When Friday came she couldn't wait for her last class to be over and headed to her room for her bag and her amulet.

Once in the forest a ways she held the stone thinking of Sebastian and headed into the woods to his cabin.

Over the next few days after Alex left, Sebastian found that he was unable to stop thinking about her. He still felt the lust washing over him, wanting to part those silky thighs and devour the sweet nectar within. To taste her juices and swirl them around in his mouth, soaking his beard in them. To delve into her mound and watch her pant and squirm and scream and tremble. To watch her naked breasts move with the motions of her arching body. To bring her to the height of pleasure on the edge of madness, and just when she thinks she can't take anymore, push her a little further into absolute orgasmic bliss.

His dirty thoughts ensured he woke up with an erection every night, which he was quick to address with a bottle of lubricant. Normally when he got this worked up, he would have just sped off to a populated area somewhere far from his home and use his unnatural charisma to bed a few college girls, but he wanted to be there in case Alex came back.

Then, finally, late Friday afternoon, he sensed she was using the amulet to track him. Aware of her impending arrival, he dressed in another of his nice black velvet suits, and when she ascended the front stairs, the doors magically opened for her with a flick of Sebastian's wrist. He was sitting in the foyer at a large black piano, playing a ballad that had been composed by Polish musician Frederic Chopin back in the late 1830s. Hanging from the wall above him was the finished painting of Alex, showing her radiant beauty in exquisite detail.

Sebastian smiled over his shoulder at her as she walked in and continued his ballad.

Chopin - Ballade No. 2 in F major, Op. 38

Any anxiety she may have felt or uneasiness in the almost week without Sebastian was quickly settled upon seeing him and hearing him play the beautiful ballad. Though when she looked up and saw the painting of her it caused her to take a couple steps back. Though it was her, it was a beautiful rendering that she had never seen herself in before. It was also a bit odd in her mind for this somewhat stranger to be painting her.

She waited until he was done playing to question it. "I think it's beautiful, but why would you paint a portrait of me?" she questioned lightly setting her bag on the floor. "And the piece you were playing..Chopin? did you know him? Sorry i just got here and am already bombarding you with questions. It's good to see you again Mr. Dane."

Sebastian smiled as she questioned the portrait. "Painting you is no more odd than you writing stories about me," he said with a wink, standing to his feet and walking towards her slowly. "I see beauty and I desire to memorize it. Though I only mimicked what was already there -- you are a masterpiece of art all on your own." He walked up until he was standing right in front of her, looking down into her eyes with a grin on his face.

"No, I never met Chopin, unfortunately," he replied, maintaining eye contact. "He died long before my first trip to Paris. I was still a human when I heard of his passing, but had always loved his work through second-hand exposure. We didn't have records yet back then, but other pianists would replicate the sounds from written musical notes."

He held her gaze for a few long, silent, delicious moments. He was so close, he could reach out and touch her. So close, they could feel their shared body heat. He towered over her, wide shoulders and ripped muscles completely eclipsing her. "It's good to see you again too, Miss Corbanov."

He grinned again, then walked over and sat down on one of the sofas in the foyer and patted the seat next to him. "Come. Bring your notebook and ask your questions. My knowledge is at your disposal."

He was so close she could just reach out and touch him. He towered over her with his frame. It should have made her feel scared but instead she found herself feeling safe. How was that for ironic, feeling safe with a viking sized vampire standing over you.

She wasn't quite sure she believed herself to be as beautiful of the painting. So she decided just to say "Thank You", and let it be. "You've lived two full life times, i'm sure you have many interesting stories that you can tell. You may even want to consider letting me write a fictional telling of your memoirs."

She followed him to the couch. "I actually brought my laptop. It's more secure then having paper laying around for people to browse through. I don't have to be online to write, and it allows me to edit easier too." With that she pulled her dell from her bag, opened and turned it on. As it whirred to life she looked for an outlet. "Where can I plug this in?"

Once plugged in she asked him to start from the beginning again with Madame Tulah.

Sebastian gestured to an electrical socket next to the sofa and then returned to his stories of Tulah. He recalled their first few years together in San Francisco, both before and after his siring. He explained how at that time, he was known as Mataio Kīwalaʻō Keoleua. He also delved a bit deeper into his past, revealing his mother had been Irish-American, while his father was native Hawaiian. Both his parents had died when he was very young, and he grew up under an uncle's care in Keauhou Bay.

During these early years, he had some interaction with his cousin Kauikeaouli, who was the heir to the Hawaiian throne and later ascended as King Kamehameha III. It was no secret that the king was not fond of Sebastian, seeing him as a half-breed tainted by foreign blood. The hostile atmosphere was a major contributing factor to him leaving home to seek out riches in America as news of the Gold Rush reached the islands. Luckily he was able to attain American citizenship through ties to his mother.

He further explained how several years after meeting and eventually being sired by Tulah, the two got married in 1858 and changed their names to Sebastian and Alexandria Dane. He divulged how they assisted the Union Army in the Civil War by portraying themselves as owners of a private militia, using their powers to simulate a force of six hundred ninja-like warriors. They sold their services to President Lincoln and raided Confederate strongholds from the shadows, later becoming members of the elite class in New York City and witnessing the rise of John D. Rockefeller, J.P Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, and Nikola Tesla.

Sebastian rushed off for a moment and then brought back a photo, handing it to Alex. "That was Tulah and I in 1865, just days before Lincoln was shot."

RD7ChND.jpg

Last edited:
Alex listened and made notes as he spoke. She found quickly that she loved the way he remembered things. They say that everyone is related to someone famous somehow. It would seem even vampires had that going for them as well. She found it fascinating that him and his wife played such a vital role with the union, and how they made their fortune.

So how long were you and Tulah married? Did she pass or did you separate?

“You don’t look a day older then this picture, it’s truly amazing. So how old were you when you were turned, if you don’t mind me asking?

She carefully handed him back the fragile photo. "I brought some provisions, bread and such, i wasn't sure if you had human food here. Do you mind if we take a break so i can eat something, then if you're up to it we can get back into the story?

"I was born on August 1st, 1824," Sebastian replied. "I first came to America a few months before my twenty-fifth birthday, and was twenty-eight when Tulah sired me in 1852. Though even as a young man people always thought me older, assuming I was in my thirties."

He then looked down at the floor for a moment. "Though I'd rather not talk about her passing, if you don't mind. I can tell you she died while we were living in New York shortly before I moved out here and built this house, but that's as deep as I am comfortable delving into that particular topic."

Then as she mentioned eating, Sebastian smiled and stood to his feet. "Of course! I'll show you the kitchen if you need to prepare anything." He walked her through an archway on the far side of the foyer that lead into a sprawling kitchen with a vaulted ceiling and a crystal chandelier, a second archway connecting to a magnificent dining room, a pair of glass double doors leading outside to a spacious deck, and several black marble countertops with stainless steel appliances and dark oak cabinets.

"I do eat normal food too, by the way," he mentioned as they stood in the middle of the kitchen. "Though, it's more of a special occasion for me than an everyday thing. My gift does not rob me of the use of my stomach, it just alters my genetic structure so that regular consumption of solid foods is not necessary. Most of the vitamins and nutrients and energy my body needs are taken from human blood, though I do like the occasional rare steak and baked potato."

He then smiled and waved his hands. "But don't worry, I'm not going to suddenly lunge after your blood vessels. I won't need to consume again for at least another week. Anyway, I'll leave you be to prepare your meal. Feel free to use the dining room, and I'll be in my study when you are ready to continue." With that, he bowed to her with one hand behind his back and the other in front of him palm facing up, and then turned and exited the kitchen.

Back