Harvard’s New President Is Not a Scholar

we had a president who owned and bankrupted a university while fleecing students.

They have always been far left
For once, you're partially right. As far back as 1701, Yale was founded by more conservative scholars in protest against Harvard getting too liberal.

I’m sure there are voices that lump all colleges in the same bucket but my perception is most of the criticism of left wing orthodoxy has been directed at Ivy League institutions and colleges that are best known for liberal arts programs. Not many conservatives rail against tech and agriculture/engineering colleges like Cal Tech, Tennessee Tech, Texas A&M, and the Colorado School of Mines, or the thousands of small state colleges, HBCs, and biblical schools.
Perhaps, however, EVERY TIME I hear anyone complain about colleges being liberal, they make no distinctions as to which colleges. It is always stated as a generality inferring that ALL colleges are liberal. So while you might see it in the way you have stated, it isn't stated that way by most others who rale against higher education.

Comshaw

Yeah, Falwell’s Liberty University won the NCAA debate championship a few years ago and the joke is those are the conservatives that will later be elected or lobby in Washington. Then you have Pepperdine, full of BMW republican students.

Back