Harvard’s New President Is Not a Scholar

JohnEngelman

Virgin
The National Review, December 20. 2022

It used to be that the people chosen to lead our colleges and universities were noted scholars. They had written serious books in their fields of inquiry. Harvard has now broken away from that tradition, as David Randall of the National Association of Scholars explains in this article.

He writes, “Harvard has just appointed Claudine Gay to be its newest president. Among the encomia directed to her is that of Shirley Tilghman, president of Princeton University from 2001 to 2013: ‘She is a brilliant scholar of political science.’ And this, obviously, is not the case. Gay’s CV, current as of October 2022, includes a grand total of eleven articles, published between 1998 and 2017, and one co-edited book published in 2013. The brilliant scholar of political science, who is now to lead Harvard University, has not published one academic book.”
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/harvards-new-president-is-not-a-scholar/

University of Michigan Spends More Than $18 Million on DEI Staff Salary, Benefits, National Review, January 7, 2023​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/university-michigan-spends-more-18-174253474.html

Blacks are being rewarded for the George Floyd riots that cost an estimated two billion dollars in damage. Let me paraphrase the end of T.S. Eliot's poem, The Hollow Men:

This is the way Western Civilization ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
https://allpoetry.com/the-hollow-men

why would you call im an idiot

is every poster supposed

to scour the bowels of LIT

for OLD THREADS?

is every poster supposed

for OLD THREADS?
He is an idiot...so just calling him what he is.

But he also participated heavily in that thread and it's from December....which helps substantiate the claim.

is every poster supposed

for OLD THREADS?

It's not that old, and given that this is his pet issue, it really is surprising that he didn't remember one month later.

It used to be that the people chosen to lead our colleges and universities were noted scholars. They had written serious books in their fields of inquiry. Harvard has now broken away from that tradition, as David Randall of the National Association of Scholars explains in this article.

He writes, “Harvard has just appointed Claudine Gay to be its newest president. Among the encomia directed to her is that of Shirley Tilghman, president of Princeton University from 2001 to 2013: ‘She is a brilliant scholar of political science.’ And this, obviously, is not the case. Gay’s CV, current as of October 2022, includes a grand total of eleven articles, published between 1998 and 2017, and one co-edited book published in 2013. The brilliant scholar of political science, who is now to lead Harvard University, has not published one academic book.”

University of Michigan Spends More Than $18 Million on DEI Staff Salary, Benefits, National Review, January 7, 2023​

Blacks are being rewarded for the George Floyd riots that cost an estimated two billion dollars in damage. Let me paraphrase the end of T.S. Eliot's poem, The Hollow Men:

Some of her work has been plagiarized but we shouldn't be surprised it only takes BLM brainwashing to run a propaganda mill turning out Marxist supporters of terrorism.

Some of her work has been plagiarized but we shouldn't be surprised it only takes BLM brainwashing to run a propaganda mill turning out Marxist supporters of terrorism.
She supports black lives matter.

She left a cite or two out of her discretion

But you do your histrionics as you need.

I've been looking into your past posts about a certain First Lady, Guess what, I can't find one post by you calling out her plagiarism. Go figure.

Painfully obvious now. Just another empty headed minority check mark ticker.

Painfully obvious now. Just another empty headed minority check mark ticker.
Identity politics over intellectual qualification. Gets a salary twice that of the CiC.

Could this be affirmative action on steroids?

Affirmative action hire which is why they simply could not bring themselves to vote her out.

When all else fails, follow the money. What nations are shoveling significant bundles of cash to our top tier universities?

When all else fails, follow the money. What nations are shoveling significant bundles of cash to our top tier universities?
if the universities are as ineffectual as you claim then they are wasting their money, no?

derp.

if the universities are as ineffectual as you claim then they are wasting their money, no?

derp.
I'm still wondering why education seems to be a requirement of the right for being qualified yet that same education is indoctrination ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

I'm still wondering why education seems to be a requirement of the right for being qualified yet that same education is indoctrination ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯
chobaum and his moron son used to brag about the moron son's education. they also used to p.m. dirty shit to the same chicks which is a whole 'nother conversation.

Whatever her academic credentials might be, she sure isn’t cutting it as a leader and spokesperson of the institution. The school’s reputation continues to become more associated with far left activism rather than its historic reputation as an American pillar of academic excellence.

Whatever her academic credentials might be, she sure isn’t cutting it as a leader and spokesperson of the institution. The school’s reputation continues to become more associated with far left activism rather than its historic reputation as an American pillar of academic excellence.
They have always been far left

All College's are

You mean people on the right are projecting that. My opinion of the institution's the exact same as it's always been. I'm pretty sure I fall into the majority.

You mean people on the right are projecting that. My opinion of the institution's the exact same as it's always been. I'm pretty sure I fall into the majority.
You and Cermin make a valid point. Harvard has been known as a bastion of left wing orthodoxy for many years. Certainly throughout my adult life.

You and Cermin make a valid point. Harvard has been known as a bastion of left wing orthodoxy for many years. Certainly throughout my adult life.
Which brings up a question. For years I've heard many rale about all the "liberal" colleges and institutions of higher learning. There is always an accusation that goes along with it that those "liberal" institutions are indoctrinating our youth and brainwashing them into believing that liberalism is the only way to be.

If that is so and if most if not all of our colleges are liberal, are trying to brainwash our children and have been doing so for years, if generations have been brainwashed into believing that liberalism is the only political path to follow, where did all the college-educated conservatives come from?

it can't be said that there are conservatively based colleges, or at least a significant amount of them because the claim has always been that most or all are liberal.

So where did they come from?

Comshaw

Which brings up a question. For years I've heard many rale about all the "liberal" colleges and institutions of higher learning. There is always an accusation that goes along with it that those "liberal" institutions are indoctrinating our youth and brainwashing them into believing that liberalism is the only way to be.

If that is so and if most if not all of our colleges are liberal, are trying to brainwash our children and have been doing so for years, if generations have been brainwashed into believing that liberalism is the only political path to follow, where did all the college-educated conservatives come from?

it can't be said that there are conservatively based colleges, or at least a significant amount of them because the claim has always been that most or all are liberal.

So where did they come from?

Comshaw
I’m sure there are voices that lump all colleges in the same bucket but my perception is most of the criticism of left wing orthodoxy has been directed at Ivy League institutions and colleges that are best known for liberal arts programs. Not many conservatives rail against tech and agriculture/engineering colleges like Cal Tech, Tennessee Tech, Texas A&M, and the Colorado School of Mines, or the thousands of small state colleges, HBCs, and biblical schools.

Back