Guardian

Post Claudio's murder Todd and Helen were interviewed three times separately and asked where they were when the lights went out, what they did whist the lights were off and where they were when the lights came on. Todd was seething inside he felt it was more like they were being interrogated as suspects, but he managed to keep cool. During the 'interviews' and in between them he had no opportunity to speak to Helen though he felt he should be there at her side, she needed him. It was late afternoon before they were told they could go as several members of the jury had corroborated their stories, apparently they were sympathetic towards her and were watching her while the witnesses were being questioned.

Trevor took them out the now familiar back way so as to avoid the myriad of reporters and TV crews that thronged the main doorway. Todd held her protectively telling everything was ok now although he knew there were still the three boys to deal with how she would get through that he had no idea.

Helen showered and Todd helped her dress for bed, (she wouldn't sleep naked with him yet) and the pills he gave her soon sent her into a blissful sleep. She was asleep when Todd climbed in behind her and spooned against her with his arms around her so she would know he was there if she woke up.

Wake up she did, sobbing into her pillow, crying, but not wails of despair they were tears of relief at being free of the spectre of Claudio. Again he comforted her telling her everything was ok and holding her tight with her trembling body against him, then she rolled over and lay in his arms still sobbing gently as she finally realised the enormity of what had happened in the courtroom. Helen clung to him as if she would never let go and Todd didn't mind one little bit. Slowly her sobbing ceased and she was asleep again her tear stained face angelic in the early morning light, angelic and peaceful.

His phone going off brought him awake and he answered it in a flash not wanting to wake Helen, it was Lou with some great news after she had asked after Helen,

"She's still asleep Lou so what do you have to tell me?"

“Okay then, it will be up to you to pass it along. Pete had a little talk with Colin and those other two scum bags. Once they found out what happened to Claudio, they started rethinking what they were claiming. Then we played for them the end of one of their little sex tapes. It outlines their plans to keep Helen doped up as their own prostitute, plus to try to snag some other innocent young women to start their own stable. I’ll leave it up to your decision as to whether to reveal that or not.”

She paused a moment to let her words sink in.

“Suffice to say, the assholes agreed to plead guilty to rape and none of that other stuff has to come out. They have no idea as to who offed dickwad Claudio. His attorney kept trying to claim that it was you or Helen, but your saving grace was that half of the jury was watching the two of you throughout the entire power outage. The women were touched at how caring you were of Helen, holding her and comforting her.”

She took a breath before continuing.

“The jury has been released. Meanwhile, Claudio’s men seem a bit nervous, I guess wondering if they are next.”

"I guess they are but do you have any theory as to who might have bumped him off? Maybe the Mob themselves, Claudio was a downright coward and he could open up trails leading to the Mob losing millions, maybe they didn't want to take the chance he might talk to try and save his skin."

"You could be right Todd, we'll be taking a look at the security tapes and see if there's any faces we recognise. By the way did you know the knife used to kill Claudio was Navy Seal Knife?"

When she awoke, she had a headache. Probably a result of too much crying, stress from the trial and the shock of Claudio’s murder plus the knowledge that there was still those three assholes to deal with concerning her rape. And then there was the policemen that were to be charged. It just never seemed to end.

She got up and stumbled to the bathroom, partially to pee and partially to look for some aspirin. There was a knock on the bathroom door and a worried Todd opened the door at her “Yes” to find her sitting on the toilet.

“I have a splitting headache. Could you grab me a glass of water so I can take some aspirin?”

He smiled and nodded, closing the door. By the time that he returned, she had washed her hands and was pouring 2 of the little white capulets in her hand. He had dropped some ice in with the water and she thanked him and took the pills. The cold water felt good on her parched throat and she drank most of the water. She gave him a little peck on the cheek - nothing sexual about it - partially to say thank you for the water. He seemed surprised and pleased before she mumbled something about trying to get rid of her headache, climbing back into bed and getting comfortable. She promptly fell asleep.

When she awoke later, her headache was gone and she was actually hungry, which was a bit strange as lately food had been the last thing on her mind. She quickly checked her phone and found that she had missed a call from Dr. Inky. Calling her back, the Dr’s receptionist wanted to set up an appointment for her. She told her that she would need to see what was scheduled for the rest of the issues and she would call back to schedule.

Opening the bedroom door, she found Todd talking to someone on his phone as he stood at the living room window looking out at the world below. She didn’t know who he spoke to, and she really couldn’t hear what he said, but she wanted to give him privacy so she went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator looking for something to eat.

There really wasn’t anything in the fridge save a wilted head of lettuce, several lemons that had dried up to brown rocks and a couple of bottles of beer. She felt Todd behind her and glancing over her shoulder could see that he looked a bit unsure of how to handle her.

“I guess that I wouldn’t blame you if you got fed up with me and left.” She looked back in the fridge and opened the vegetable drawer. “Is there such a thing as green hairy cheese?”

She paused, not sure just how to broach the subject but decide to forge ahead.

“Todd, I’m really trying to get better, to learn how to live through all of this. If you can continue to put up with me, and I’m supposed to set an appointment with Dr. Inky and...”

She was unsure of how to continue and stood there holding the refrigerator door open. “...and believe it or not, I’m actually hungry. Do you think that we could go somewhere and get something to eat?”

Todd heard Helen stumbling about and went to make sure she was alright and found her sitting on the john,

'I have a splitting headache. Could you grab me a glass of water so I can take some aspirin?'

He fetched the glass of water , dropping a couple of ice cubes in and Helen took her aspirin and drank down the water thanking him with a perfunctory peck on the cheek giving him no opportunity to take her in his arms and really kiss her, which is what he wanted to do. Even though it was just a little peck he was happy enough with that and made no comment when she went back to bed and fell asleep.

While Helen was sleeping Todd racked his brains trying to think of some way to get Helen back to something approaching normality. At the moment she was like a recluse shunning people and not wanting to do anything but wallow in her misery, she wasn't eating and rapidly losing weight and it showed in her sunken cheeks and dark rings around her eyes. He loved her with all his heart and it was torture for him to see her like this but she turned down every approach he made to try and change things.

Thinking that Helen was still asleep he rang Lou in desperation,

"Hi Lou, it's Todd I'm at my wits end with Helen, I just don't know what to do, can you give me any good news regarding Hanger and his buddies? I know they're due in court soon but whatever you do don't ask Helen to put in an appearance, I know you said that they're gonna plead guilty to rape and so on but what if they change their minds? Helen is gonna have to give evidence isn't she? You better make sure that doesn't happen."

He heard Helen go into the kitchen and followed her in there and found her looking into an empty fridge,

' “I guess that I wouldn’t blame you if you got fed up with me and left. Is there such a thing as green hairy cheese?'

Helen hesitated and then carried on,

Todd, I’m really trying to get better, to learn how to live through all of this. If you can continue to put up with me, and I’m supposed to set an appointment with Dr. Inky and.....and believe it or not, I’m actually hungry. Do you think that we could go somewhere and get something to eat?'

Beaming all over his face Todd closed the refrigerator door and turned Helen to face him, he cupped her hollow face in his hands and kissed her firmly.

"You have just lit up my life Helen, but first you have to get rid of any notions that I would leave you, the mere fact that you acknowledge that you are not the easiest person to live with right now is a giant step forward, with Dr. Inky's help and my support we'll get through this. You want to eat then eat we shall, I know the very place, let's get you all dressed up and I'll tell you where we're going."

He pulled her to him and held her close and kissed her again and then pointed her towards the bedroom,

"Off you go and get ready but please, no jogging pants and tee shirt."

He gave her his best grin as he patted her backside. While Helen was getting ready Todd was on the phone.

"Dolly, Todd here, I need a huge favour, a table for two and a set menu with the very best American food, I know that English is better but this needs to be really special for me and my fiance,,,,,,,,,,, Yes that's right, fiance, remember Helen who was with me last time? Well she's had a really rough time recently and needs feeding up. Thanks a million Dolly, see you in an hour ok?"

He turned round to see Helen standing in the doorway,

"WOW BABY, you look ,,,,,,,,,,, well, beautiful."

Her words seemed to light up his face as he gently kissed her, reassuring her that he was in for the long haul. For that she was very grateful for if she were truthful, she would be lost without him. Then he sent her off to get dressed, telling her to look her best.

In the bedroom she took a good hard look at herself. She was underweight - a good 15 pounds or so. For the past month or so - since all of this has come down - she had been eating sparingly and living in sweats and baggy tees. She had not wanted to draw attention to herself so she had even taken to wearing her hair pulled back in a messy bun or pushed back with a headband. And she had developed circles under her eyes. The only time that she looked halfway decent was at the trial.

She started looking through the closet trying to find something halfway decent. But everything that she tried on seemed to just hang on her, bagging here and there. Finally in the back behind a bunch of really nice newer dresses, she ran across something that she had bought some time ago. It had never really fit that good and she had eventually shoved it to the back behind all the other clothes. The green sequined dress covered her up fairly well and managed to hide most of the weight loss.

Makeup hid most of the dark circles under her eyes though her hair was still a bit lackluster and to her reminded her of reddish straw. It was a wonder that Todd was still interested in her. But she managed to pull herself together and walk out just as he was hanging up from his phone call. He turned around and caught sight of her looking a bit apprehensive. It had been a while since she had gotten all dressed up.

WOW BABY, you look ,,,,,,,,,,, well, beautiful.

She gave him a tentative smile, happy that he was pleased with how she looked.

“I’m glad that you approve. Did you find a place where we can go eat?”

Helen’s dress
https://bec2df9eb90bb6604cfc-660d71...28_Shree_MissiLondon170153__1_.jpg?1542808042

Helen smiled at him, a genuine, happy smile, the first for a long time, whether she had realised what she had been doing was no good for either of them or if she was just happy to be getting out of the apartment he didn't know but either way he saw it as a step forward but he would have to be careful not to push where she didn't want to go.

'I’m glad that you approve. Did you find a place where we can go eat?'

"I have indeed, remember our first date, Dolly's? Don't worry I've spoken to her and she'll do whatever you like, if it's not on the menu but there's something you'd like just ask and if it's possible you'll have it. Now, are you ready to go?"

He offered her his arm and in an effort to make her laugh he skipped along the landing to the stairs singing "WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD , THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ"

At the car he changed again, opening the door for her and in his best Thunderbirds Parker voice he announced, "Your carriage awaits milady"

From somewhere he produced a peaked cap and perched it on his head at a jaunty angle finally getting a giggle from Helen at his antics.

As it was quite early Dolly's wasn't crowded like it would be later in the evening. As soon as Dolly saw them both she came bustling over,

"I've got you a nice table out of the way where you can see but not be seen, I doubt you are ready for that yet are you m'dear?, speaking to Helen.

"Todd told me the news about you two, can I see the ring please?"

Dolly spent all of two minutes cooing over the ring and then announced

"Todd can be so annoying can't he? Thinking he's always right, you don't want to let him get away with it, rein him in from time to time, worked a treat with my late husband, bless his soul. As for you Todd you're a very lucky man, once she gets some meat back on those bones she'll be looking her best like she did you were here last time, I can tell from the way you look at each other you'll take good care of each other."

Todd finally managed to get a word in and butted in,

"That's very kind of you Dolly but we are both ravenous so show us the menu and I'm sure that if Helen asks for something that's not on the menu you'll work your magic and when we've eaten come and have a chat by all means."

"OOOH Todd you're a hard task master, I won't be a tick." she went off to fetch the menu's and Todd took the opportunity to ask Helen how she was enjoying herself.

"Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous but would I be wasting my money if I ordered some oysters?" He accompanied the question with a big grin.

The atmosphere seemed lighter now. How strange that the death of one person should have such a positive effect on her. And it seemed to affect Todd the same way, as he seemed full of antics and wit and soon had her smiling as they left the apartment and headed out to eat.

The trip to the restaurant was relatively carefree and she found herself making a conscious effort to press on, accepting fate.

She remembered Dolly’s and the woman greeted them as they entered, gushing and complimenting Todd’s choice of stone and setting and choice of fiancé.

The woman was enthusiastic and welcoming and Helen couldn’t help but smile as her and Todd were tucked away in a quiet corner where they could view the room and yet they were afforded a modicum of privacy.

For a minute they were alone while Dolly was getting them some menus and, with a gleam in his eye, Todd queried her.

Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous but would I be wasting my money if I ordered some oysters?

She gave him a smile, telling him, “ I won’t say yay or nay. This is new territory for me as well.”

He seemed to understand and lightly patted her hand.

“I’m trying. Todd, I love you so much and I really appreciate you giving me the time to work all of this out in my head.”

After a couple of minutes they settled down to look over the menu. It was really quite extensive and some of it actually sounded good for a change but she knew that if she were to just jump into something decadently rich that her stomach might not accept it like it would have several months ago. The more that she thought about it, the more that she decided that for the time being she should probably play it safe though she assured Dolly that it all sounded great. Rather than going into a big long explanation as to why she looked a bit under the weather, she just smiled and narrowed her choices down. Besides, more than likely the woman had already read it all in the paper that never failed to report all the juicy news.

When Dolly returned, she decided to play it relatively safe.

“I don’t want to be a bother but do you have something like a Trout Almandine? Kinda light on the sauce? And maybe a little side salad to go with it with 1000 Island Dressing?”

Helen seemed more relaxed than she had been for weeks, Todd put that down to being free to go where they pleased without being watched over even if it had been for their protection. Dolly was an absolute darling, fussing over them both like they were children, clearly she knew all about the trial and what the defence lawyer had said about Helen, calling her a good time girl gold digger and insinuating worse. The papers had printed his accusations word for word and made it seem that they were true, but Dolly was above that and was very complimentary about both of them.

As before the menu was very extensive but Helen chose to go off menu and asked for some fish dish with a salad, which didn't faze Dolly one bit,

"Coming right up my dear," she announced and turning to Todd she said, showing how good her memory was, "I suppose you'll be having my biggest T-bone steak, medium rare and no doubt you'll smother it in 'Oh My' sauce, and of course the usual fries and everything else."

Todd laughed, "Dolly, you are amazing, how on earth did you remember that? But you're right, my mouth is watering at the thought of it."

Dolly left them to give the chef his instructions and they were alone, alone in each other's company for the first in what seemed an eternity. For a moment they were both silent and it seemed they had nothing to talk about but then Todd plucked up his courage and held Helen's hand in his.

"Helen my love, you say that you love me and I truly believe that you do, I love you too but with everything that has been going on we've lost sight of that, we are getting married soon and I want my Helen back the way she was, funny, always laughing, smiling except when you hit me over the head."

He grinned at the memory. "It's not the be all and all but we make love so intermittently these days, I feel that I need to ask your permission to even kiss you sometimes, can you tell me why? I don't think it's me, my guess is you think that if we make love every time I'll think of you as insatiable, a nymphomaniac almost, living only for sex but if you ration it I won't think like that. I don't think like that at all, no matter what, I'll always love you and I want to be with you always, can you accept that, please?"

Just then Dolly arrived with their meals , she looked at Helen and quipped "Cheer up love, those trout looked positively cheerful compared to you."

"Drop it Dolly please." Todd almost snapped at her.

"Okay Todd okay but if you kids want to talk when you've eaten call me over."

It was a feeling of relief to have that monster Claudio gone though she would never have done the deed herself, she had said a silent prayer that the person would never be caught. To have committed murder in such a public place had to have been done by someone wily and smart.

Here at Dolly’s she felt safe, as if sitting in her grandma kitchen. Or what might have been her grandma’s kitchen, had she ever been in it. Still the woman fussed over them and probably would have continued had Todd not told the woman to let it go.

Todd’s words stung a bit, yet she understood what he was feeling. Hell, she herself was confused, unsure of exactly what to do next. And if she didn’t know what she was doing or what to do next, then it was for sure that Todd didn’t know what she wanted.

Her food suddenly felt like a lump in her throat. After all, the truth is sometimes hard to swallow. And the truth was that the man that loved her, had stood by her through thick and thin and had jumped through all the hoops that she had asked him to. And now, he was asking her to accept that and move forward.

She stopped eating and looked at him, reaching a hand out to him. He took it and with fingers strong and warm held her hand. She was glad that Dolly had seated them in a relatively quiet place, away from prying eyes.

“I’m sorry that I have put you through all of this. Todd, I had forgotten that all of this has put a strain on you too. I’m sorry. But, if you will help me, perhaps we can put this behind both of us and start over? Would that be all right with you?”

Todd felt that this had to be the moment when everything would fall into place and things would return to normal or he would lose Helen forever, his dear sweet Helen whom he adored.

He had told her how he felt, now it was up to Helen to tell him if she felt the same way and still wanted him. They held hands, fingers intertwined, She stopped eating and looked at him and he looked back seeing the tears glistening in her eyes and he feared the worst, he had lost her, there would be no going back, no going forward, no wedding, no anything. Todd couldn't breathe he felt that his world was about to come crashing down around his ears. Helen spoke softly, so softly he could barely hear her but what she had to say gave him hope,

'I’m sorry that I have put you through all of this. Todd, I had forgotten that all of this has put a strain on you too. I’m sorry. But, if you will help me, perhaps we can put this behind both of us and start over? Would that be all right with you?'

Todd could hardly speak but he gathered himself together and a smile lit up his face, his eyes that moments earlier had been dull and lifeless now sparkled,

"Of course it's alright with me, I'll help you, I'll do anything but when you say start over does that mean I have to seduce you again and fall in love with all over again?"

Even in that moment he couldn't resist a joke.

"To start the ball rolling I think the first we have to do is set a date for the wedding, we said we'd get married when it was all over well it IS over. Can we arrange wedding in two weeks do you think."

Todd sat back and called out to Dolly, "Champagne and oysters for two Dolly, not that we'll need them tonight."

The rest of the meal was more of a celebration than the way that it had started. She let him eat the majority of the oysters and sipped slowly on the champagne - she really didn’t want to be drunk tonight. The trout almandine was prepared to perfection and the side salad was a great mix of lettuces with croutons and radishes sliced so thin that a light puff of wind would have blown them away. And just a bit of goat cheese really made the salad not just an everyday bowl of lettuce.

When Todd’s steak was placed in front of him, his eyes lit up just anticipating his meal. Dolly also placed a basket of delightful twisty breadsticks all nice and warm from the oven. Helen was afraid that they would be loaded with garlic but instead they were brushed in rosemary butter, which was a delightful surprise.

“I don’t think that I ever told you but rosemary is one of my favorite herbs. There was a restaurant that I used to eat at and they had huge rosemary potted plants in front of the place with a note to run your fingers through the plants when you left and it would take away the garlicky smell off of them. I always wished that I had a rosemary plant, but I’m not good with plants and always kill anything that I tried to grow.”

Smiling at her, he reached out a hand and she took it. She smiled back and squeezed his fingers.

“Are you sure that you still want to marry me? I can’t cook and I can’t grow anything. We may wind up starving to death.” She gave him a lopsided grin. She was learning to live again, and not be a prisoner to the past.

The evening progressed with Helen getting visibly brighter, laughing and giggling in ways that she hadn't done since the trial began, it was as though she was emerging from a long dark tunnel into the daylight. Todd noticed that she only sipped at the champagne, he took that as a good sign, Helen wasn't drinking herself into oblivion to forget anymore.

During the meal she confided in him things that he didn't know about her, small mundane things that he would have thought unimportant but the fact that she WAS talking about them led him to believe that she was turning the corner,

'I don’t think that I ever told you but rosemary is one of my favorite herbs. There was a restaurant that I used to eat at and they had huge rosemary potted plants in front of the place with a note to run your fingers through the plants when you left and it would take away the garlicky smell off of them. I always wished that I had a rosemary plant, but I’m not good with plants and always kill anything that I tried to grow.

Smiling at her, he reached out a hand and she took it. She smiled back and squeezed his fingers. with a lopsided grin she cracked a joke of her own,

'Are you sure that you still want to marry me? I can’t cook and I can’t grow anything. We may wind up starving to death.'

Quick as a flash he replied,

"In that case I must remember to never buy you any pot plants and open an account at a restaurant that does home deliveries."

Eventually the evening came to an end and they said their farewells to Dolly who kissed them both on the cheek and wished them well.

Todd didn't bother to ask Helen as Dolly was the closest thing he had to a mother and he said to Dolly,

"We'll let you know when the wedding is and we'll expect to see you there with your gladrags on."

When they reached the car Todd tossed her the keys and told her,

"Feel privileged, I don't let just anyone drive my car but I have a little bit too much to drink, don't worry I'm not drunk but definitely in the red zone."

He didn't tell her that it was also to give her confidence in herself as she had not driven since just before Claudio had kidnapped her and it gave him the opportunity to study her, her profile as she drove and he couldn't resist putting his hand on her knee and sliding it up under her dress to the tops of her stockings. With no knockback forthcoming he was hopeful that they would both be awake for some time to come once they were in bed.

By the time that the meal was finished, she was actually feeling pretty good. Everything was upbeat, with both of them joking and holding hands. Dolly kept an eye on them, making sure that the food was perfect.

By the finish of the meal, they both were more upbeat than they had been for some time. As they reached the car, he pitched the car keys to her and told her to drive as he might have had a bit too much to drink.

She slid behind the wheel and felt a flutter of nervousness rush through her. It felt as if it had been so long since she had driven any car and in a way it had become second nature for him to drive.

Still, she fell into the familiar routine of driving. After a few blocks she noticed a car following them and kept glancing in the rear view mirror. She started to shake a bit and cleared her throat.

“Um, Todd, I think that we are being followed.”

When he reassuringly patted her arm and reminded her that they still had their protection for just a while longer, she nodded and her heart stopped racing. For a moment she had forgotten all about them.

Once back at the apartment, she parked and turned off the engine, letting out a big sigh of relief. She wasn’t even sure when she had started holding her breath but it suddenly felt as if she were letting go of the bad and starting anew.

Glancing over at her love, he leaned in and kissed her. “Thank you,” she told him. She knew that she didn’t really need to explain to him what she was thanking him for. It was everything - being there when she needed him, rescuing her, standing by her, loving her, giving her the gentle nudge to become human again, taking charge of her own life again.

Leaving the car, they headed upstairs to their apartment.

As the evening progressed Todd had a good feeling about it, Helen was coming out of her shell and laughing without being self conscious, he had understood long ago that she felt that everyone was staring at her and judging her. He had tried on several occasions to talk about it but all he had got in reply was 'You don't know what it's like.', he had to admit he didn't know.

Giving Helen the car keys to drive home he felt was a masterstroke in restoring her confidence it was not a condescending gesture but something that might occur with any normal couple. Even though she had not driven for some time she soon fell back into it, no hesitation when changing lanes, she had complete confidence in herself even when she spotted their watchdog in his car she just accepted it, he got the feeling though that if he had said "Lose him." she would have done just that.

They arrived outside their apartment and Helen let out a long breath. She glanced over at Todd and he was there as he always was, he leaned over and kissed her just accepting her whispered ' Thank you,'

they climbed the stairs to their apartment and Todd pulled Helen in close for a long lingering kiss hoping against hope the evening would end making love to Helen.

"What do we do now?" he asked cryptically. He was afraid it was going to be another long, lonely night, staring into the darkness.

What do we do now?

She knew what he was doing. He was letting her set her own boundaries. For which she was eternally grateful.

Leaning in to him, he naturally slipped his arms around her waist, drawing her close to him. The look in his eyes was hopeful as her arms went around his neck.

“Well, I was thinking that we could let nature take its course? Unless you have a better idea?” The gleam in his eyes told her that he had his own ideas.

It had been so long since she had initiated anything. Lately she was just a body, a thing. Her actions had been on automatic. Time to return to the land of the living. To be something other than just a warm body to fuck.

Her hand against his cheek, he turned his head just enough so that he could kiss the palm of her hand. She smiled at the gesture. Then taking his hand, she led him into the bedroom and in the low soft light turned to face him, unbuttoning his jacket. It slipped easily off his body and she pitched it over towards the chair.

“Well?” Her hand slipped between his clothes and his body, fingers searching out his manhood. They wrapped around the hard thing throbbing there.

”Does this give you ideas?”

Todd's heart leapt as Helen leaned into him and put her arms around his neck, she was taking the initiative of her own accord, he felt that he wasn't stepping on eggshells anymore when it came to sex.

'Well, I was thinking that we could let nature take its course? Unless you have a better idea?'

Helen's body pressing against him certainly put ideas into his head, probably the same ideas that were going through her head. He took one small delicate hand from his cheek and pressed his lips to her palm, he still wasn't going to take the lead, Helen had started this, let her take it wherever she wanted.

They say a journey begins with a single step, Helen's first step was towards the bedroom, leading him by the hand. His jacket was unbuttoned and slipped off his shoulders and tossed onto a nearby chair, still Todd kept his cool when Helen's hand slipped into his pants and began stroking his hard erect manhood, She looked up at him her eyes shining brightly,

'Well?,,,,,,,,,Does this give you ideas?”'

It was all too much for Todd and his hands lifted the bottom of her dress to her waist and he cupped her panty clad butt and lifted her up so she had to wrap her stockinged legs around him, their lips met and with his head spinning Todd growled,

"My idea is that the last one to get naked makes breakfast."

Then it was a mad flurry with clothes flying everywhere and they both landed on the bed together stark naked in each other's arms. Todd was the first to speak,

"It's great to have you back sweetheart, I always knew you'd come back to me."

It's great to have you back sweetheart, I always knew you'd come back to me.

For a moment, the two of them lay breathless, and to Helen it was almost like her first time with Todd. For the first time in such a long time, she felt almost free of her demons. Oh, they would always be there. But this time, she was in charge, not them. She was not drunk or incapacitated or overwhelmed.

And she was not scared. She was not a victim, not a thing or a sex object to be used and abused, beaten or raped or shot.

She was Helen Ann Daniels, fiancé of Todd Bennett. It felt as if she had been in a long dark tunnel for so long and suddenly she found herself out in the bright sunlight. Life was starting to make more sense, and things seemed more positive. She had made mistakes in the past, decisions that were perhaps not the best. But now, for once in her life, she was not getting a sinking feeling just lying here next to Todd.

She roll over onto her side and looked at Todd. There was love in his eyes as he watched her, maybe seeing if she would change her mind, or maybe hesitant should she suddenly become hysterical.

“Thank you for loving me. For showing patience while I worked my way through this.”

Then he took her in his arms and they made wonderful love all night.

The wedding had been like a dream - a fairy tale of perfection. She had met Todd's boss and had thanked him for putting the two of them together. The man had just grinned real big as he made small talk, telling her what a beautiful bride she was.

“All brides are beautiful, mainly because they are so happy.”

Dolly had been there too, congratulating the two of them and acting as if she had actually had a hand in bringing Todd and Helen together.

Lou and Pete came to the wedding too and Helen asked Lou if all of this was giving Pete any ideas.

“I wish, but right now the man has been pleading the fifth. Helen, you look so happy. You deserve this.”

“We all deserve this. Doesn’t he look so handsome?” She looked back to where Todd was talking and laughing with Pete and several other officers that she recognized as part of their security team from when they were being guarded.

Lou and she laughed and hugged before Helen headed back over to Todd and the start of her new life.

Todd was the happiest man alive, the turning point had been when he had taken Helen to dinner at Dolly's just two short weeks ago. Dolly had spoken to Helen while he was in the men's room, he had no idea what Dolly had said to her but from that moment on Helen was a different woman from the tortuous weeks previously. Gone was the haunted look in her eyes, the dark circles around her eyes had vanished overnight after they had made love, fucked and then made love again into the early hours of the next day. Helen had started to eat properly instead of just picking at her food and had put on weight and was back to her previous shape, her colour had returned to her cheeks.

They had planned the wedding together, making love between each intimate decision they made. Now they were married, Helen was now MRS. TODD DANIELS-BENNET, something they had both agreed on. He looked lovingly over at Helen, still in her bride's dress and their eyes met and they blew kisses across the room to each other.

'Pete, who was the best man announced,

"Ladies and Gentlemen it's time for the bride and groom to take the floor you can join in after the first verse."

The band struck up as they met in the centre of the dance floor and the silky voice 0f Andy Williams's 'I can't take my eyes of you' filled the room. Todd and Helen gazed into each other's eyes as they danced and they failed to see Lou speak to the band leader who nodded and grinned broadly.

No sooner had Andy Williams finished than the band began belting out a Bobby Darin number. that had them both smiling in anticipation.

Todd then made an announcement of his own, "Helen and I thank you all for being here with us on this very special day, we are going to retire for the moment as Helen has told me that she has a present she wants to give me in private, I wonder what that could be."

Back in the bridal suite Todd kissed Helen and said ,

"Okay Mrs. Daniels- Bennet where's this present?"

Helen turned and presented her back to him so he could unzip her dress and it fell to the floor leaving Helen in a sexy white corset and stockings, Todd pulled her to him "I don't think they'll miss us for a couple of hours, do you?"

So began their married life together.

I am sorry but that is the last of the 'Guardian' story, Opensesame and I have agreed that this is the right place to end it. We both thank you for reading and hopefully enjoying our story we have certainly enjoyed writing it, However for those of you who also follow our other RPS the sad news is that Sesame feels she needs a break so they will be winding up shortly but the good news is we will be joining forces again in the New Year. So thanks once again for your support.

Cumnchat (Roger)

Last edited:
Back