Going Out.

The succumbus smelled the etherial being teleport near. These creatures were of such vile nature to the hell dwellers that even a command from her master could not deter the succumbu from attacking. She could see the human standing on the ground, and the aura of the etherial being nearby. Readying her prismatic spray, She waited only for these creatures to come in range.

The Tarasque sended one of the hated angels. It must of been the one that put a pike into his left arm! But now, he had some business to do. He raised his hands and a bright light erupted from the ground as an enormous, yet beautiful castle rose out of the ground. There was no moat, instead, just Death and Decay. The castle was a triangle floating above the swirling Death and Decay. He summoned a few of bis minions forth and they came to his will. The angel was back, but he had learned some new tricks to deal with them. He quickly transformed into his power form. He pulled out his 15 foot, crystal long sword and dressed in his green crystaline armor, the strongest in the world. He put his magical, meteoric crossbow on his back, and armed himslelf with his Dragon Leather Large Shield. He grabbed his crystal pike and his crystal morning star and put everything except for his sword and shield on his back or at his belt-side. Then he rose up into the air and let out an enormous roar. "Dandatha, I am coming!", he shouted so loud, the mountains trembled.

"......Callain...."

He hears the whispered call, clearly as bells on Christmas. He looks in the direction of her fortress, closes his eyes.....and he is there. He stands outside an open window, hears the smallest of splashing sounds.

<Just don't do anything stupid.> In that momentary distraction, he paused. Here, their roles were reversed, and Callai's presence was a welcome, yet often-annoying voice of reason.

"Acknowledged." He looked again toward the window...and the house seemed to wrap itself around him.

It was dark, and as his eyes adjusted, he saw smooth stone walls--an inner hallway, if he remembered correctly. Turning his head slightly, he heard a faint giggle, decidedly female. Suppressing his irritation, he followed the voice, knowing it could lead him endlessly around this manor for as long as Lillith wished; and here, he knew he had little choice but to follow until she tired of the game.

<Well, then---just leave.> It's not that simple, he thought as he chased the laughter. He knew Lillith could imprison him here, but that wasn't exactly her style. There was....unfinished business between them.

He paused again, feeling a different disturbance. The tarasque had followed him here, it seemed. If Callain had to venture a guess, Lillith's guard dog succubus would keep the tarasque busy for a while.

He thought of Callai, of their melding. To Callai, he was a source of strength and magic in an otherwise magic-ignoring world. For Callain, her vitality, her sensible exuberance steadily washed over his parched soul. Except for eve of their melding, they had never seen each other, but were constantly aware of each other's presence. He had relinquished his divinity; she, her solitude.

Now to Lillith......in another time, he and been given the opportunity to eradicate this darkness, but had wasted it, foolishly. His eyes narrowed, comforted by the weight of his scabbard resting easily between his shoulders. He would not be so foolish again.

She only smiles lightly...leading the angel on that merry chase for a while...knowing he'll eventually find his way to where she rests. She finally pulls herself from the tub, not bothering to fetch a towel or a robe, and simply waits, sitting upon the edge of the tub with one leg resting upon the knee of the other. Her tail curls around her thigh, the heart shaped tip resting upon the top of it.

As for the others....well, if she wants to let them in, she'll let them in...but for now they'll be confined to the outside of the castle...prohibited from entry by Lillith's own will. With a smile, she waits...droplets of warm water trickling down her skin, down the side of the tub...making a mess. She doesn't have to worry about that, though. She could clean it up with but a gesture..so for now the water mess is unheeded. She simply waits...a small movement from her hand opening the door to her bathing room..leaving it open for the moment where Callain discovers it. Her soft voice speaks again....caressing his mind, his ears...enveloping his mind with the memories of thier last meeting..the soft, erotic feel of her embrace....the smooth warmth of her hands..and the eager softness of her body.

...."Callain........I've waited for you....."

OOC; I'm confused. callen is an angel of light, or a relay for an angel of light, calli is an archangel of light, the taresque is inviting battle and Lillith is inviting love. Did I get that right? It's like trying to understand a pauly shore movie. The succumbus will surely die in a battle against the angel, though how long it takes would be questionable. Also, why would the succumbus bother with the taresque? even if it ripped off the succumbus's wings and attacked her master, when an etherial being is nearby, succumbi can only attack them!

He felt the touch of her mind, the soft seductive caress an instant before rounding the corner and finding the open door. He was confident she would abide by the ancient rules of hospitality, so he accepted the invitation without hesitation, and entered the room.

<She's goooood.> came the half-sarcastic, half-envious comment.

More than good, little one, Callain thought. She is magnificent. Just as he remembered.

His eyes drank her in, the slender frame, the raven locks, the mocking violet eyes, the soft moist lips. How could such beauty and such evil reside together?

You could cut the tension with a knife. And then, like the proverbial bell, both were distracted by the rumbling war cry of the tarasque.

Looking back at Lillith, Callain saw her brow wrinkle delicately in irritation. Smiling slightly, he reached for her hand, saying, "There is a bully outside, kicking sand and demanding attention."

He raised her hand to his lips, kissed it lightly, then moved to the open window. "I'll be back." He paused, then turned, and gave her a sidelong glance, "Unless, you'd care to join me?"

She stands as he enters, waiting for him to approach first. She watches him as his eyes travel over her body, loving the attention. At the distraction..that slender ebony brow crooks in a look of slight irritation. As he takes her hand, and kisses it...she switches the roles quite smoothly...her hand pulling from his gentle grasp only to encircle his own wrist, and draw him near as he moves to the window. Her other arm slips in under his own, drawing up to rest upon his shoulder as she steps into him...soft, damp body pressing to his own.

...."Let the bully wait, for once. ...Besides...I fight better when I don't have sex on the brain." ....Brutally blunt, as always. Some things never change, it seems. She can't help but tremble inwardly at his touch..or his closeness. It's just as she remembers..his warmth, his scent..smooth and exotic..like a rare spice from a far off eastern land. She pulls him closer, not planning on being set aside for the pursuit of violence this time. She wants only one thing..and it's only that one thing that she can ever think about. It's her nature...how she was formed after her fall.

She pulls him close, arms encircling his waist as her tail drifts to wrap about his thigh. She steps into him...soft, full breasts pressing tightly to his chest as she leans in...pressing her soft, warm lips to his for the barest of moments, before slowly pulling away.

"I only want one thing from you Callain. ..Don't you remember? ...Do you remember that time, so long ago? ...When it was you and I..two bodies as one...writhing together in an erotic dance. Flesh against flesh...lips against lips. ...Do you remember the heat...the sweat?" She leans in and kisses him again. "...The tastes...the scents..the sounds? ...It is all a memory that I have carried throughout the years. .It matters little to me what you are now...I still remember those nights, and I still yearn to experience the sensations again, that I experienced then."

Her body trembles against him. She can't help but move in and taste his lips once again. Her grasp on him is loose; he could remove himself from it, if he wished...but being this close to her...feeling again the memories come flooding back in the form of real sensations...would he wish to pull away? ...Would he deny her, after all this time? ...Or will they both succumb to the same wild, wanton desire that claimed them once before?

Gazing at Lillith, his eyes darkened with desire. As the memories sweep over him like a flood, her nearness is too much. His strong hands close around her slender arms, crushing her roughly against his chest. He hesitates for the barest of moments, then his mouth descends, covering hers.....

<Callain.>

He could vaguely sense Callai's dismay, on the edge of panic, but he pushes it away, lost in this passion, in this one moment, to reclaim what is rightfully his.........

<Stop. Now. This is not who you are, anymore.>

Then came the call he could not ignore. Callai spoke--no, screamed his true name, the single word blasting her alarm and distress through his desire. He wrenches himself away from Lillith's embrace, a hand to his head, closes his eyes. With the taste of Lillith's mouth on his lips, he steps backwards into the shadows.......and disappears.

Walking. Here his hair is dulled to an ash brown, falling to his shoulders. His eyes had lost the golden flash of the other plane, fading to an ordinary blue. Faded jeans, well-worn boots. Walking. Walking. His head hurt, and he welcomed the pain.

Lillith.....how fresh the hurt still felt, as if the scars had broken open to bleed.

Never breaking stride, flesh tingled, crawled, his muscular form blurred, repositioned....and Callai made a guttural sound as once again, the process finished. Her tread was lighter, but the rhythm of the walk was unchanged. Walking. She could feel his anger, his pain.

Right now, she didn't know who she was more infuriated with... that black-haired witch who had done this to him, or with him for being a love-sick fool. For all his wisdom, his strength, his immortality, at times he was just a typical male. Men, she thought, can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

Walking. "You fell for it-hook, line and sinker."

Walking. A little faster. Angrier. "You really scared me, you know? You've never just lost it like that before."

<Again, my apologies, little one.>

"Just shut up with the apologies, okay?" Angry that he had frightened her, angry he had succumbed so quickly, so easily. Fuming, she thought how nice it would be to just slug him. How ludicrous she felt, briefly remembering a scene from "Innerspace", where Martin Short hit his own chest as he tried to beat up a miniscule Dennis Quaid, who was floating somewhere inside Short's body. Yep, she thought, I feel just like that right now.

"I need a drink, a strong one. How about you?"

<Aye.>

As she's thrust away, she frowns heavily..taking a step to pursue him before he vanishes. With a sigh, she shakes her head...snapping her fingers. ...She almost had him this time. ..A little longer and she would have taken him completely. Even as she feels that sense of annoyance for losing her prey..she can't help but feel a small twinge of regret. True love is difficult for anyone to find..and even the Dark Mistress finds herself yearning for it now and again.

After all..so many people in the world with one another..being happy with thier own presences with one another. Demoness she may be...but deep inside, she cannot help but feel a small sense of want for the sweet emotion they call "love". .....Perhaps if she sees him again, she won't let him get away. ...In her long lifetime, there's only been one man she's actually felt something for...and he just again slipped from her grasp like water through her fingertips. As evil as she is...as decietful and deadly...she can still feel lonely now and again...thus the reason she drew him to her.

But..she does remember her own betrayal to him..and though she realizes that it must have wounded him deeply..she cannot help but feel little remorse. It's not her nature, to feel sorry for her actions...though she does, in a way, regret them. If she hadn't of done what she had done, she would still have him, and he would have never....

She just shakes her head and sighs, standing near her tub and letting her fingers drift through the water for a few moments before she turns away...holding out a hand. A long, deep black robe comes to her, and drifts itself about her form. Silent steps upon bare feet take her down the hall, to her den..and she enters there in silence.

Stepping inside, she makes her way over to a large, high-backed plush chair before a grand fireplace, and seats herself within it. Leaning to the side, she rests her elbow upon the chair's armrest, and tilts her head to rest her cheek in the palm of her hand. Her deep, fathomless eyes turn to the flames in the hearth as she sits....lost in her thoughts.

OOC; Dang, I hate it when someone makes a reply while I'm making one too. Just pretend it's not chronologically sound. I don't think I can edit this

The succumbus burst into the room just as the figure dissapeared into the shadows. Lillith sat back on the edge of the bed, Smiling. Her naked body glistening with persperation, her mind still focused on the pleasure of her memmories.
The succumbus could smell the etherial being in the room, and see a faint glow of residual holyness. Shy flew around the room looking intently for any trace of Callan or his hidden angelic companion. Lillith barely took notice of her pet, still savoring the taste of his lips on her own. THe succumbus flew out of the room, to deal with the more iminent danger approaching.

The taresque's ressurected castle loomed in the moonlight, the taresque himself grown to nearly the size of the building. He was demanding a fight, a test of power. He would get his test though. A mindless guard, mindless but not helpless, bent on protecting her master, rose to the challange of the Great beast of hell.

The succumbus sent a prismatic spray at the enormous taresque. The multicolored bolts striking every part of it's torso. A fireball was thrown to explode in his face. The taresque felt the pain of the magic, but it was little less than many mosquito's. He swat at the succumbus with his giant sword. She dodged, and summoned an Ice storm. Shards of sharp icicles fell in a wide area, taring into the flesh of taresque and subbumbus alike. She then raised bolders from the ground and magically hurled them at the beast. HE caught the bolders and tossed them aside. Swiping his free hand at the succumbus, catching her and nocking her into his dread tower. She was not beaten yet though.
She sent another fireball and prismatic spray at the taresque. Summoning a wall of fire around his feet, she swoped in under his sword and hacked at his face. The Taresque wacked the succumbus into the tower again, and sliced through her with his gargantuan blade. The succumbus died, her black soul seeping back into the bowels of hell. But she made her damage, the taresque bruised and bleeding from the many burns, pounds, and melted Icicles.

The Tarasque hovered there, bleeding. He really had liked that Succumbus. He would ressurect it later, except with a mind this time. But now, he would need to heal. he did so, and casted a powerful nether spell. the succumbus had the same body, but now it had a mind.

Thunk. Thunk.

It was late, hardly anyone left in the smoky little bar. Callai's eyes narrowed as she let loose the last dart. Thunk. All 15's---a single, a double, a triple. Callai smiled wryly and shook her head. Her accuracy was always enhanced right after a "plane trip".

She walked over to the bar and caught the bartender's eye. She held up her index finger, then lowered it to tap on the bar in front of her. This was Hugh's place, and he obligingly brought a full shot glass and a slice of lime, but before he set the golden liquid in front of her, he hesitated, "Okay, Callai-girl, tell me you aren't drivin' tonight."

"Nope, no driving," she said, licking her hand, then sprinkling a little salt, "I'm walking, but thanks for asking." Licking off the salt, she threw back the Cuervo, then bit the lime. She kept her face perfectly still, remembering a bartender's admonition, if you can't do it without making a face, don't do it.

"Well, I'm glad to see you feeling better." At her questioning glance, Hugh said, "Well, you looked pretty rough when you came in a while ago."

She smiled, "Oh, yeah, I'm a lot better now." She playfully patted his cheek, "You're a sweet little man, Hugh." Picking up her darts, she walked back over to the board. Okay, bulls now. Thunk. Single. Thunk. Another single. This is obnoxious, she thought, and threw her last dart. Double bull.

Dang, she thought, looking around, I am so on right now, and there's nobody to bear witness...or to play with.

She retrieved her darts and walked back to her bar stool, reached for her iced tea and contemplated one more shot o' Jose. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, and froze as a familiar voice said, "I'll have whatever she's having...."

The succumbus opened her eyes. Deep within her was the tug of her being to protect her master. Another sensation however, a new sensation kept her here. Curiosity. For the first time, she took notice of objects, shapes, colors, smells, feels and sounds.

The succumbus spent a great deal of time, many hours, just examining the upturned, ruined landscape around the taresque's tower. As she looked though, the innate pull to go to her master bcame stronger, untill curiosity took notice of the pull and decided to satiate it. The succumbus flew into the air, towared her master's bedroom window. THe wind blowing over her wings tickled her, and she did something that no other succumbus anywhere anytime ever acomplished. She cracked a smile. Soon she landed on the windowsil and tapped the window.

Lilith was drowsing off, submerged in the soothing bath waters when she heard a tap from the far window. Curiously lookig up, she saw that it was only her unbidden pet. Then someting occured to her. For one, she felt it when the succumbus died! yet this was the same one. Two, her succumbus was allways content to perch outside, never considering entering even when offered. Yet here she was, asking Lilith to open the window.

Evening Callai

"Dammit girl, where have you been? We were supposed to meet at the Movie Theater". Steve was only superficially pissed at his young friend. He had known her for nearly a year now, but hardly knew her at all. He wasn't sure he even liked the things he did know, or at least "thought" he knew ..... he knew she was too young and attractive to hang out in this dive as often as he saw her in here ..... he knew she disappeared for pretty long stretches of time with apparently no explanation of where she had been or what was up in her life ..... he knew she ran with a pretty tough crowd, at least outwardly they looked the part ..... he knew she had no obvious means of support ..... he knew not to wager anything of any real value on a dart game with her ..... he knew he felt entirely too attached to her for such a casual friend ..... and he also knew that it had probably been for the best that she had stood him up earlier this evening.

Steve motioned to Hugh for another round for Callai and himself. After the order was in he turned to her, "Buy you a drink darlin'?" He asked with a smile. "It all depends" Callai replied.

"Depends on what, Callai?"

"Your not trying to get me drunk are you?" she smarted back at him.

"Well of course I am, how else could I take advantage of you." Steve winked back, Steve continued, " You look exhausted, is everything ok for you?

Re: Evening, Callai

citore said:
"Dammit girl, where have you been? We were supposed to meet at the Movie Theater". Steve was only superficially pissed at his young friend. He had known her for nearly a year now, but hardly knew her at all. He wasn't sure he even liked the things he did know, or at least "thought" he knew ..... he knew she was too young and attractive to hang out in this dive as often as he saw her in here ..... he knew she disappeared for pretty long stretches of time with apparently no explanation of where she had been or what was up in her life ..... he knew she ran with a pretty tough crowd, at least outwardly they looked the part ..... he knew she had no obvious means of support ..... he knew not to wager anything of any real value on a dart game with her ..... he knew he felt entirely too attached to her for such a casual friend ..... and he also knew that it had probably been for the best that she had stood him up earlier this evening.

Steve motioned to Hugh for another round for Callai and himself. After the order was in he turned to her, "Buy you a drink darlin'?" He asked with a smile. "It all depends" Callai replied.

"Depends on what, Callai?"

"Your not trying to get me drunk are you?" she smarted back at him.

"Well of course I am, how else could I take advantage of you." Steve winked back, Steve continued, " You look exhausted, is everything ok for you?

She sits before her fire still...lost deep within her own thoughts. Her violet orbs betray no hint of the inner turmoil that rages within her mind at the moment. On the outside, she merely seems thoughtful...contemplative. On the inside, however...her mind is abroil with emotions and sensations completely foreign to her. She can only watch the flames burning in the hearth before her with that same look upon her face.....and after a long moment, she sighs.

Every woman needs true love...and she, the embodiment of every thing that goes into a woman..should be no different. She rises from her seat, paying no attention to the rapping at the window. ...For now...she has a purpose. She will search for Callain..and try to make amends. ...The sins commited in the past she will forget. ....If only he could forgive. After that dim moment of determination...she slumps in defeat.

How could she ever find someone like him, if he wished to hide himself? ..She had not been able to find him all these years..and it was he who came to her this time. How could she hope to find one man in a world of so many?

A quest of love? ..Or, perhaps, a quest to find a way to fill the empty void in her chest where her heart used to be?

If only the fools could understand...understand how it -feels- to be as old as time and to suffer with feelings of deep lonliness and heartache. ..Since her fall from Eden..all she has yearned for is a way to replace what she had lost...the love that she had foolishly cast away in her blind pride. She sits back down within her chair, eyes closed this time.

Perhaps this is her punishment...for all her sins. For all her wrongs. For all the happiness she has taken from so many, uncountable others...she will find none, herself. With a heavy sigh, the Dark Mistress succumbs to her own thoughts once again. ..As the night wears on, and the fire in the hearth slowly dies away...the dim light would barely reveal a sooty black tear...tracing its way down her cheek.

She weeps not from sorrow...or from sadness...but at the damnation of her own actions. ...She regrets them now...now that she realizes what they have cost her, in the end: The very thing which she had stolen from so many others.

As the embers of the fire die away to nothingness....her voice calls out, once again...a soft whisper borne on Night's Wings.

"....Callain. .....Forgive me..."

Taking a sip of tea, Callai's mind raced. Movies? No, she and Steve were supposed to do that later this week....Aww, man, she thought as she realized, it IS later this week. That was a bad thing about "plane trips", sometimes she lost hours, days, weeks before she got back. She put her hand to her head, moaning, "Oh, I hate when that happens."

"When what happens?" Steve asked, innocently.

She smiled, shook her head a little, "Ah, I'm just sorry I messed up the movies."

She liked Steve, he was a cool guy. They shared a mutual love of Jose Cuervo, and an intense dislike of all "chick flicks". Not a lot to base a friendship on, but it was a start.

<Lillith...>

Uh-oh. "What?", she whispered apprehensively.

"What's what?" asked Steve.

Callai smiled and patted Steve's arm, then picked up her darts and walked over to the dart board. Sometimes her life was just too much like a tv show--on the SciFi Channel.

Callai closed her eyes. She could still feel his desire...his pain....

"She's no damn good for you, you know."

<She's....calling to me.>

Aww, man....

[Edited by ranajja on 08-29-2000 at 10:14 AM]

.....The coming of a new day. The sun rises once more..golden rays arching into the sky, banishing the night with thier brilliance. Inside her castle..Lillith slowly awakens. Her eyes crack open, and she blinks sleepily, looking to the ashes that remain in the hearth before her. She licks her lips a bit, feeling slightly thirsty. With a whispered word, a new fire leaps to life within the hearth..complete with the fuel required for such. With a small sigh, the Dark Mistress rises from her chair, making her way through her den to the large, well-stocked bar that is set up within.

Stepping behind it, she leans down, grabbing herself an old bottle of Cognac. It's always been her favorite, for some reason. She's not too clear as to why. ..Maybe it's the taste. Whatever the case, she grabs the bottle, and snatches a small chalice from the shelf, taking both with her back to her chair with her. Sitting once more, she pulls the cork from the bottle with ease...tossing it into the fire before her. She doesn't take the time to smell the contents of the bottle; she knows the scent of the drink by heart. She knows the drink like the back of her hand.

Holding out the chalice, she pours herself a glass hall-full, then sets the bottle down upon the floor beside her, settling back into her seat with the glass in hand. Taking a small sip, she sighs..the mellow taste of the beverage always seems to calm her nerves, and relax her mind. Taking a moment to think about it, she's suddenly certain that this is why she enjoys the drink so much. It slows her mind down..lets her concentrate on one thing at a time. With an inward sigh, she takes another sip, her thoughts still focused on the meeting that took place after all this time.

Why had he come to her? ...She could feel his mind, when he had first arrived...felt his desire for revenge. Or..was it revenge that he really wanted? ..Was he hellbent on taking his vengeance upon her for the wrongs she had committed agaisnt him...or was he simply looking for her to do as she wishes to do, and fill the empty void in his chest where a heart used to be? She can only guess what he felt inside. She knew one thing was for certain, though. ..He had come to finish what had been started. She saw the blade upon his back..and knows what he had planned to do with it.

Perhaps she should have let him. ..Maybe then things would be a little easier for him. ...But no. She couldn't help herself when he was that close...just like last time. She could still remember the way she trembled when she touched him. She could still remember his scent..smooth and exotic..and how it excited her, aroused her. She could still remember the feel of his lips, the passion that he held in his kiss when he had pressed his lips to hers.

She could still remember how she felt nearly defenseless in the face of his passion and his desire. ..She hadn't felt anything like it before...save once, when they had met once before, so many years ago.

With a sigh, she takes another sip from her glass, eyes on the flames burning before her...casting thier patterns of light and shadow across her face of ageless beauty. She could only guess as to how she affected him when he was in her presence..and wondered if he felt the same way she did.

She sits reminiscing for nearly an hour or so...before she finishes off her glass and rises from her chair. Stepping through the room, she pulls open the door and steps out once again into the hallway...silent steps taking her down the hall back to her room. She slips inside quietly...making her way back over to her large wardrobe. Pulling it open, she smiles a bit as she selects the same outfit she always does: That red dress of hers. She puts it on and smiles at the way it seems to slide over her figure like a tight-fitting glove. Then, stepping to the mirror, she looks to herself..smiling a bit before realizing that if she plans on going out again...maybe it'd be best if she hid the wings and tail, for the time being. So, with a whispered word and a small gesture..her wings fold in close to her back.....then simply seem to meld into it..becoming a hidden part of her..as her tail seems to retract almost like a tape measure...going the same way as her wings.

She looks nearly human now..if not for the fire in her eyes and the rare, exquisite beauty she holds. For some reason..to her it feels rather good to be rid of her wings and her tail..to look normal, for the most part. Though...it does give her cramps something horrible, at times. Nodding to herself...she puts on the same high heels that she wore last night, and steps from her room once more..and back down the hallway to her den. She'll go have another drink, and wait till the night arrives before she heads out again. Maybe in her wandering she'll run into Callain, somehow. If not...well, at least she can say she got out of the house and had a little fun, for once...instead of sitting inside all the time and moping over something that she shouldn't even be worrying about in the first place.

In fact..she's beggining to wonder what the hell she's coming down with. But...after a moment of thought..she figures maybe she got nipped by the proverbial love-bug. Whatever the case, she's feeling better...slightly. She still feels that inward sigh when she thinks of Callain..and hopes that she'll run into him tonight, somehow....somewhere. With a small smile...she closes her eyes..thinking of him for a moment...her mind's voice calling out to him.

"......Callain. ......Wait for me."

Back