Fun with formatting

Winter_Fare

Virgo
Hey x
I have very little experience with html, so far I have put italics into my work and it's turned out ok.
If I want to indent paragraphs, is putting an in line tag like this appropriate or will it get disabled and look crap when published?
<p style="margin-left: 20px"><i>Sorry honey, we're out tonight, we got a sitter x X </i></p>

I'm not sure with you're specific example, but note that it can take several weeks for edits to works to go through, so it's often better to keep things as simple as possible. <I><B> adn <Center> tags should work. Other stuff might be best avoided, but maybe someone else has been more adventerous?

Post a link when it's done WF. I'm waiting for an edit to go through with just basic <i></i> but I won't push my luck with anything more adventurous atm. I have one old story I edited that got posted with the coded showing so I gave up asdfghjkl :rolleyes:

Submitted this today:

Nations raise us nations fail us

<p style="margin-left: 10px">Though our eyes be dark we see</p>
<p style="margin-left: 20px">Children cast from life to death thus</p>
<p style="margin-left: 30px">Youth succumbs to entropy</p>

Drifting down the river flowing

<p style="margin-left: 10px">Future faded as a rhyme</p>
<p style="margin-left: 20px">Washed away to where we're going</p>
<p style="margin-left: 30px">Carried in the hands of…</p>

No-one can hope to survive

<p style="margin-left: 10px">Our bodies cool our houses fall</p>
<p style="margin-left: 20px">In your arms I was alive</p>
<p style="margin-left: 30px">In just a breath I lost it all</p>

Wait until my love surrounds you

<p style="margin-left: 10px">Stop the clock and take a step</p>
<p style="margin-left: 20px">There's no mercy when you call to</p>
<p style="margin-left: 30px">Beg for one more second yet</p>

This is the preview, so we.. shall... see... (In like... Two weeks 🤣)

Screenshot_20220418-171846~2.png

No, it would be rejected and sent back. You can't use tags that will change the font, size, etc. First of all the CSS would override it and second the processing program would reject it. You can, however, use <blockquote></blockquote> tags, which will indent the enclosed text five space on both ends and you can concatenate them.

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote> text </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>

This will get you 15 spaces on both ends.

As mentioned above the only other tags that are allowed are...

<b> bold
<i> italic
<u> underline
<s> strike through
<center> center
</br> break
<blockquote>

Any other tag put in your text will be an automatic rejection.

No, it would be rejected and sent back. You can't use tags that will change the font, size, etc. First of all the CSS would override it and second the processing program would reject it. You can, however, use <blockquote></blockquote> tags, which will indent the enclosed text five space on both ends and you can concatenate them.

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote> text </blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>

This will get you 15 spaces on both ends.

As mentioned above the only other tags that are allowed are...

<b> bold
<i> italic
<u> underline
<s> strike through
<center> center
</br> break
<blockquote>

Any other tag put in your text will be an automatic rejection.
It was not rejected or sent back!

Same in two different browsers, android phone.
I see the first line indents and the over sized font. But I don't see the point of the indents. That's not a typical poetic convention. I find the left margin wandering all over the place annoying, to be honest.

But what's with the over-sized font? My eyes are fine, thank you, and I can adjust font size on my reader, if I want to.

I don't see the purpose behind the formatting, frankly.

I see the first line indents and the over sized font. But I don't see the point of the indents. That's not a typical poetic convention. I find the left margin wandering all over the place annoying, to be honest.

But what's with the over-sized font? My eyes are fine, thank you, and I can adjust font size on my reader, if I want to.

I don't see the purpose behind the formatting, frankly.
It was a test! I wanted to indent the text messages in a story to distinguish them from the narrative, I just used italics in the end.

I may use it in future for breaking up longer lines in sonnets. The site just starts an automatic new line when they're too long.

Back