Forget the investigations: Trump ruined his political future this morning on live TV

I know there wasn't always a chief, but there were councils though and they set social structures up to keep the chaos of anarchism from destroying the community.

No there wasn’t was there! An informal leadership, of whatever nature, is not the same as thing as a formal government, is it?

There were rules and social order, the opposite of anarchism, in every successful human society so far as we can tell.

Yes, but there was but no formal government able to coerce other members of the group without the group agreement.

One of the best documented and most studied of primitive tribes are Australia’s Aboriginal people:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Australian-Aboriginal

Aboriginal people had no chiefs or other centralized institutions of social or political control. In various measures, Aboriginal societies exhibited both hierarchical and egalitarian tendencies, but they were classless; an egalitarian ethos predominated, the subordinate status of women notwithstanding. However, there is evidence in some areas, such as northeast Arnhem Land, Bathurst and Melville islands, western Cape York Peninsula, and among the Aranda of central Australia, that strong leaders akin to the Melanesian “Big Man” existed and their preeminence in ritual matters carried over into the secular domain.

That, my dear friend, is pretty much exactly how the 2 academic Anthropology sites I linked to defines it.

And yet they didn’t live in constant chaos, haven’t been destroyed over millennia and still survive today in a diluted form, how about that huh?
Although unilineal cultural evolution is no longer a credible theory, these terms continue to be used as a sort of technical shorthand in college courses, documentaries, and popular reference works. In such contexts, members of a tribe are typically said to share a self-name and a contiguous territory; to work together in such joint endeavours as trade, agriculture, house construction, warfare, and ceremonial activities; and to be composed of a number of smaller local communities such as bands or villages. In addition, they may be aggregated into higher-order clusters, such as nations.

As an anthropological term, the word tribe fell out of favour in the latter part of the 20th century. Some anthropologists rejected the term itself, on the grounds that it could not be precisely defined.

I'm sorry, that's just not true.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/tribe-anthropology
So now we go desperately flailing about down another rabbit hole; what bearing on this matter do you believe unilineal cultural evolution being superseded by Multilinear Theory has?
You should note though that, Elman Service that is cited in my previous links isn’t a unilinearist!
By mid-century, however, a number of American anthropologists, including Leslie A. White, Julian H. Steward, Marshall D. Sahlins, and Elman R. Service, had revived theoretical discussions regarding cultural change over time. They rejected universal stages outright, instead conceptualizing cultural evolution as “multilinear”
https://www.britannica.com/topic/cultural-evolution

Hierarchical social structures have existed as far as we can tell, from the get go. The human species, like all apes, is very heirarchical...it's never been communistic, which is only further supported by communes and communism's 100% fail rate.
That’s right and anyone can see that even the most extreme forms of communist societies are still hierarchical. Being hierarchical is not the only determinant of a RW society or are we now calling North Korea RW?

Jesus Christ...and you say I can't read?

You've not read a fucking thing I've posted.

We can go back over that when you decided to stop misrepresenting me.

If I have, I apologise and hopefully it can be cleared up quite quickly, without any obfuscation and shooting off at tangents, let’s see:
1/ Regardless of if it fails or not; Is anarchism traditionally viewed as an extreme LW ideology?
2/ If a LW anarchist commune/community is set up or multiple communities and fails does that mean it’s no longer viewed as an extreme LW ideology?
3/We both agree that Communism is a failed LW ideology is it still a LW ideology after its failure?
4/ Mostly, but not exclusively a tribe is egalitarian with lack formal government and social classes.

Woof!

attachment.php

Brilliant. :D

Probably improve after everyone gets over the fact they can't exploit cheap labor anymore.
:rolleyes:
I see you don't know what a closed border means either.

Unfortunately, you're incorrect.
Really? So the near immediate shuttering of most, if not all, auto manufacturing plants, and domestic companies who depend on supplying them, in the US would be good for the US economy?

It's hard to build vehicles without all the parts that go in to them.

Last edited:
Back