For Those Who Might Be Wondering Why We're Might Be In Ukraine

It's tiny when compared to what we spend on domestic entitlements programs.

Yep, everyone on Earth is entitled to our money, deadbeats, criminals, illegal aliens, foreign governments, our allies, et al. We have to borrow the money we're handing out.

Putin isn't fighting Ukraine, He's fighting the deep state in Ukraine

Too bad about your son's laundry job, Xiden!

"Nazis" didn't test well in focus groups, so the whackadoodle right has pivoted back to invoking their most reliable bogeyman, the "deep state".
Derp.

We just threw more money down that rathole.

Let Putin take it. He cannot hold it and it will help keep him and Xi from plotting their world dominance. You know, they way Hitler and Stalin did. I bet they nuke each other eventually...
Typical defeatist attitude, which is why 1960s-1970s Marines like AJ lost in Vietnam.
If AJ had fought the Viet Cong as hard as he fights Democrats, South Vietnam would still exist.
But he didn't....
....and they don't.

The Democrats waved the flag of their allegiance after the vote. We support most of the world. It's insane how much of our money goes over seas. It's damn hard to ferret out all of the money we give in foreign support for instance between January 24, 2022, and January 15, 2024, the U.S. directed about $74.3 billion in assistance to Ukraine This figure does not include all war-related U.S. spending, such as aid to allies1. Additionally, the U.S. House of Representatives approved more than $61 billion worth of military assistance to help Ukraine2. You can find some of the money given to foreign governments here, Search by country: https://www.foreignassistance.gov/cd/united states/

First if Putin gets it, its gone. Its that simple. He can hold it absolutely indefinitely and then we have be concerned about what he wants next. Control of the ports is what he was really after the rest is just icing.

You know with the shit we avoid for that money which is abnormal we don't spend much overseas at all. It would be a little different if we could convince people like you to spend it in America on Americans but you've proven EVERY SINGLE TIME that you've no interest in improving the lives of Americans. Often you actively make it worse.

Why are you assholes so focused on Ukraine and not the horrible things we're funding in Israel? I mean its clearly its not actually about the money or the morality.

Why are you assholes so focused on Ukraine and not the horrible things we're funding in Israel? I mean its clearly its not actually about the money or the morality.
Assuming this is not a rhetorical question, the answer is quite simple: Trump is at best neutral regarding Israel given his falling out with fellow dictator-wannabee Adolf Netanyahu.

Trump still harbors lingering deep-seated hatred for Ukraine as they failed to do his bidding in fabricating evidence against Hunter Biden. Losing face matters more to the orange shitgibbon than the lives of civilians.

I get Trump genuinely doesn't give a shit about anything but power. That part I understand. I understand that MTG and Boebert drank all the Kool-Ade. What's with the others?

I get Trump genuinely doesn't give a shit about anything but power. That part I understand. I understand that MTG and Boebert drank all the Kool-Ade. What's with the others?
I can think of nothing besides not wanting to irritate the orange shitgibbon's minions. You'll recall the lack of spine over the border bill that REPUBLICANS advanced to the floor, Trump said vote "no" and these cowards voted against their own bill!

Ukraine Pushes Military-Aged Men to Return Home​

Tuesday, 23 April 2024 03:28 PM EDT

Ukraine on Tuesday suspended consular services for men of fighting age living abroad, after announcing measures to bring them home amid manpower shortages in the army fighting Russia.

It is part of efforts to boost Ukraine's army, which has been struggling to hold the front lines partly because of a lack of soldiers.

Kyiv has ceded ground to Russian forces since late last year as it struggles with a shortage of manpower and hold-ups in much-needed aid from Western allies.

More here:https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/ukraine-soldiers/2024/04/23/id/1162123/

The truth of what was said months ago is starting to come out. Ukraine has run out of sufficient numbers of men to maintain the tempo of the war.

Ukraine outnumbered, outgunned, ground down by relentless Russia​

By Max Hunder
February 21, 202412:22 PM PSTUpdated 2 months ago

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...ne, Feb 21 (,to resist their Russian invaders.

Large Ukranian Drone Attack Deals Massive Damage To Russian Oil Depots

Ukraine took out two large Russian oil depots that held 26,000 cubic meters of fuel, Ukranian intelligence claimed yesterday. It's one of the largest attacks deep into Russian territory to date, hitting the storage tanks on the outskirts of Smolensk. The depot was owned by a Russian oligarch with close ties to Vladamir Putin.

Ukraine also took a page out of Israel's 'kill 'em all" handbook and destroyed a major pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Smolensk via drone strikes as well.

All in all, a very good day for the Ukranian armed forces. Not so good for the Russkies.

Ukraine took out two large Russian oil depots that held 26,000 cubic meters of fuel, Ukranian intelligence claimed yesterday.
Adding to this great post: oil and gas is pretty much the only Russian industry besides weapons that is succeeding. Ukraine is destroying Russian industrial capacity to wage warfare through economic warfare, similar to how 9/11 threw a recession on the USA.

Meadows, Giuliani Among Republicans Indicted in Arizona 'Fake Electors' Case

Ukraine Hits Russia With Long-Range Missiles Secretly Provided by US​

Ukraine Hits Russia With Long-Range Missiles Secretly Provided by US

Wednesday, 24 April 2024 12:55 PM EDT

Ukraine for the first time has begun using long-range ballistic missiles provided secretly by the United States, bombing a Russian military airfield in Crimea last week and Russian forces in another occupied area overnight, American officials said Wednesday.

Long sought by Ukrainian leaders, the new missiles give Ukraine nearly double the striking distance — up to 300 kilometers (190 miles) — that it had with the mid-range version of the weapon that it received from the U.S. last October. One of the officials said the U.S. is providing more of these missiles in a new military aid package signed by President Joe Biden on Wednesday.

Biden approved delivery of the long-range Army Tactical Missile System, known as ATACMS, in early March, and the U.S. included a “significant” number of them in a $300 million aid package announced at the time, one official said.

The two U.S. officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the delivery before it became public, would not provide the exact number of missiles given last month or in the latest aid package, which totals about $1 billion.

Ukraine has been forced to ration its weapons and is facing increasing Russian attacks. Ukraine had been begging for the long-range system because the missiles provide a critical ability to strike Russian targets that are farther away, allowing Ukrainian forces to stay safely out of range.

More here: https://www.newsmax.com/us/russia-ukraine-war/2024/04/24/id/1162249/

Will there be supporting US troops on the ground in Ukraine to support these weapons?

Biden approved delivery of the long-range Army Tactical Missile System, known as ATACMS, in early March, and the U.S. included a “significant” number of them in a $300 million aid package announced at the time, one official said.
Smart move on his part. This evens up the sides in this war.

There were in 2022 and it's hard to believe we didn't leave specialized troops, CIA assets, or contractors behind. That's how we operate. especially when there is highly sophisticated weaponry involved.
Yes, I get that you don't believe there aren't troops there.

Yes, I get that you don't believe there aren't troops there.
Some are there to help train and maintain the systems provided, others to manage expenditures, some are observers and others are there for intelligence gathering. That's how we roll. It's all on down low so the DOD and the President can have plausible deniability. The 101st Airborne Division is stationed right across the border in Romania and within reach of Odessa.

Some are there to help train and maintain the systems provided, others to manage expenditures, some are observers and others are there for intelligence gathering. That's how we roll. It's all on down low so the DOD and the President can have plausible deniability. The 101st Airborne Division is stationed right across the border in Romania and within reach of Odessa.
They aren't in Ukraine.

You're just mad that Ukraine is getting defenses to stop Russian attacks.

Interesting back story HERE about how the Ukraine Bill got passed.

President Joe Biden got the Majority and Minority leaders of both the House and Senate to come to the White House this past weekend, to "talk about avoiding another government shutdown". Instead the National Security Agency gave a presentation about how dire the situation was in Ukraine. Evidently they had less that one week's stock of ammunition in all military calibers and Ukraine was looking at complete defeat. The US had tons of ammunition staged and ready to be delivered, but could not do so for lack of funding.

Schumer, McConnell and Biden realized that Speaker Johnson really wanted to make a deal, he knew the blow to American prestige if Ukraine fell. The sticking point was "what to do about Marjorie Taylor Greene".

I'm wondering if there was a side deal now to "protect" Speaker Johnson for the remainder of the year if Greene follows through on her threat.

Unbelievable when you think about it. Global calamity was avoided by steamrolling one petulant loudmouth Congresswoman, who put her own personal agenda above the country's agenda and the world's agenda.

If the Supreme Court decides that Presidential Immunity is absolute, I truly believe a certain Congresswoman from Georgia will be #2 on the "special ops list".

Interesting back story HERE about how the Ukraine Bill got passed.

President Joe Biden got the Majority and Minority leaders of both the House and Senate to come to the White House this past weekend, to "talk about avoiding another government shutdown". Instead the National Security Agency gave a presentation about how dire the situation was in Ukraine. Evidently they had less that one week's stock of ammunition in all military calibers and Ukraine was looking at complete defeat. The US had tons of ammunition staged and ready to be delivered, but could not do so for lack of funding.

Schumer, McConnell and Biden realized that Speaker Johnson really wanted to make a deal, he knew the blow to American prestige if Ukraine fell. The sticking point was "what to do about Marjorie Taylor Greene".

I'm wondering if there was a side deal now to "protect" Speaker Johnson for the remainder of the year if Greene follows through on her threat.

Unbelievable when you think about it. Global calamity was avoided by steamrolling one petulant loudmouth Congresswoman, who put her own personal agenda above the country's agenda and the world's agenda.

If the Supreme Court decides that Presidential Immunity is absolute, I truly believe a certain Congresswoman from Georgia will be #2 on the "special ops list".
The truth is as I have stated it, The war in Ukraine cannot be won by Ukraine. It is all but over. They have run out of men. new weapons will only prolong the human tragedy that is taking place there.

Its been all but over for how long eactly? I'll be the very first to admit I didn't see this lasting more than a few weeks. At this point I wouldn't put anything past them.

Russia has found the critical vulnerability in Nato’s American tanks​

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon
Fri, April 26, 2024 at 5:23 AM PDT

When used as a pillbox however, it just exploits its firepower at the expense of its manoeuvrability. This appears to be how the Ukrainian armed forces are deploying it, and makes it very vulnerable to drone attack.

Some changes to defences may also be required. Even modern western tanks like Abrams and Challenger 2 were conceived long before drones became a serious threat on the battlefield. Now, in Ukraine, these modern weapons have come into their own. As the UK looks to recover and up rate its own conventional defence, this is an area for serious consideration and resource commitment. We cannot live in a world where drones costing a few thousand dollars have free rein to attack $10 million tanks where they are most vulnerable: from above, where the armour is only thick enough to stop machine gun fire.

There are simple work-arounds for this vulnerability; metal cages and explosive armour can be fitted to the tank roof to diminish this threat. Hopefully, in the not-too-distant future, tanks could be fitted with something like the British DragonFire laser system, which has shown promising early results in killing drones. If this takes place, the efficacy of drones will be radically reduced – until the next evolution. War continues evolving, and attack and defence continue to swap leads.

But in the nearer term, Ukraine must adopt a mindset based much more on manoeuvre type warfare, where rapid combined arms action can unhinge and dislocate the very static Russian invaders. This will require require air power, artillery and infantry all working together with the tanks to punch holes in Russian defences and run riot in the rear areas.

More here:https://news.yahoo.com/russia-found-critical-vulnerability-nato-122350488.html

Like I mentioned months ago. The Ukrainians are not trained in combined arms or maneuver warfare which are skills that take months and years to perfect. So supplying them with the Abrams tank was a mistake if they were simply going to use them as in-place stationary artillery.

So now we see this:

Military Times

Ukraine pulls US tanks from front lines over Russian drone threats​

Tara Copp
Thu, April 25, 2024 at 5:18 PM PDT

Ukraine has sidelined U.S.-provided Abrams M1A1 battle tanks for now in its fight against Russia, in part because Russian drone warfare has made it too difficult for them to operate without detection or coming under attack, two U.S. military officials told The Associated Press.

The U.S. agreed to send 31 Abrams to Ukraine in January 2023 after an aggressive monthslong campaign by Kyiv arguing that the tanks, which cost about $10 million apiece, were vital to its ability to breach Russian lines.

But the battlefield has changed substantially since then, notably by the ubiquitous use of Russian surveillance drones and hunter-killer drones. Those weapons have made it more difficult for Ukraine to protect the tanks when they are quickly detected and hunted by Russian drones or rounds.

Five of the 31 tanks have already been lost to Russian attacks.

More here: https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-pulls-us-tanks-front-001800265.html

Ukraine is not ready for sophisticated weapons systems or tactics. They prefer to fight with WWI tactics and take WWI sized casualties as well.

There are some American advisors in Ukraine. If you want to believe otherwise, be my guest.
The Ukraine's go to either Poland or Germany for training. In this day and age you don't need troops in the field to oversee systems. Can you say "facetime". I'm not sure you can....

Back