erased thread

I can see where you might not be in “The Tribe’s” good books. They get a little touchy on the subject of Jesus. Between your belief in Jesus as the Messiah and my atheism, we’re both in the same boat as far as traditional Judaism is concerned.

I was in Syria about nine months before the war broke out and walked along “The Road to Damascus”. I would have thought I was as good a candidate for conversion as Paul. But I didn’t see or speak to Jesus. I wasn’t blinded. I went into the house of Ananias (it’s still there) but no one tried to soothe my eyes. Personally, I blame all this religious stuff on the Apostle Paul. He never met Jesus, he wasn’t at the crucificaron, and he vigorously persecuted Jesus’ early followers. But that didn’t prevent Paul from shooting his mouth off about Jesus being the Messiah, and inventing a new religion based on that idea. Come to think of it, it didn’t prevent Paul from having his head chopped off in Rome. The man clearly had a way of annoying people.

The way I look at it, if there is no God, then there’s no Hell. So none of us will have to go there. If there is a God but Jesus wasn’t his son, then you probably stand a better chance of going there than I do (sorry). And if there is a God but his name is Allah then we’ll both end up in Hell. I’m older than you, so if I die first I’ll save you a good seat.

Hell is being surrounded by everything love on one side and everything you hate on the other. The hell of it is can only partake of those things you hate, forever and ever.
I suppose it would be more of a hell if you had to stand up all the time. But I like to think that the devil is a reasonable person. Or should that be reasonable demon?

That would certainly be a bummer! (Please forgive me for occasionally lapsing into 1960s language.) I tend to subscribe to Jean Paul Sartre’s dictum that “Hell is other people.” In addition to being an atheist I’m also a bit anti-social. That means I don’t believe in God, but have very few people to talk about it with.

I could've sworn it did, or did at one time. Good because one of mine is slated to die.
I've been killing off characters for over a decade, none have ever been returned. I once killed off every character in the story... I still got comments for more.

Back