Endless Ends

It has not! 🤣

Soylent green was *flesh* while FYND is a meatless protein originating with fungi.

You guys watch too much science fiction.

There's irony in there somewhere.

:p
Sorry but as a longtime Sci-Fi watcher, a correction is necessary. Soylent Green was NOT just flesh . . . the entire body was used in its manufacture. :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry but as a longtome Sci-Fi watcher, a correction is necessary. Soylent Green was NOT just flesh . . . the entire body was used in its manufacture. :eek:
True. But the protein, ummm, portion of Soylent Green would be associated with the, errr, fleshy parts. 😬

Oh! Oh! Did I mention the FYND is a complete protein? Containing all nine of the essential amino acids?

Why is no-one excited about this but me? 🤣

N
True. But the protein, ummm, portion of Soylent Green would be associated with the, errr, fleshy parts. 😬
Au contraire, m'lady . . . partially correct. The following was approved after consultation with Mr. Spock.

What part of the human body has the most protein? Muscles contain about 30 percent protein, the liver 20 to 30 percent, and red blood cells 30 percent. Higher percentages of protein are found in hair, bones, and other organs and tissues with a low water content . . . Most of the proteins in the human body will be found in the physical structures of the body such as the muscles, organs, skin, and skeleton.

bc65d91a2c156863b2df182b63f69b0eaadb9114.gifv

James Whale’s BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN celebrated its official premiere
in Chicago on this day in 1935.

bc65d91a2c156863b2df182b63f69b0eaadb9114.gifv

James Whale’s BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN celebrated its official premiere
in Chicago on this day in 1935.
Ooooooh. I was going to settle in with The Fog, but going to see if I can find this to stream instead.

There is a surprising amount of subtext in this movie, according to Wiki. LGBT and christian symbolism. Interesting to view with that new perspective.

Last edited:
Eesh. I had an aesthetician appointment today.

It's been some time. I went through a period of just ... not taking care of myself. 🤷‍♀️

Anyhoo, it was a rough visit. 🫣

My person is a bit of a martinet. I cannot remember the last time I've had that kind of dressing down. You'd have thought I'd been caught murdering puppies rather than neglecting my skin.

I returned home, properly chastened.

Huddled under my weighted blanket, where it's safe. 🤣

I have not seen this movie in a couple of decades.

I'd forgotten much. The homunculi! 😲

As for all the homoerotic subtext, gotta say, I don't really see it.

Wow. A telephone, sorta. And lots and lots and lots of gratuitous murders. 🫣

Still, it's really surprisingly good!

The sets, the score, the bride. Elsa Lanchester is ah-mazing.

Was he? I just really did not see that. 🤷‍♀️

Plus, the interaction with the blind guy was supposed to be about gay marriage? That went right over my head, 'cause . . . what?

*is confused*
Well the actor who played him was openly gay in Hollywood as was the director of the movie. I saw his performance as flamboyant to say the least. And I almost think he makes some reference, but I can’t remember.

As for the gay marriage with the blind guy, I agree, WHAT?! 🤔

Well the actor who played him was openly gay in Hollywood as was the director of the movie. I saw his performance as flamboyant to say the least. And I almost think he makes some reference, but I can’t remember.

As for the gay marriage with the blind guy, I agree, WHAT?! 🤔
Well, he certainly played the part a little oddly - lots of flair. I just didn't register it as gay. Did he make a reference? Huh, I did not notice.

I'll have to rewatch. 🤔

I think he says something about creating life ‘through other means’, or something like that.
I can’t remember.

Son of a biscuit.

Part of the property is wooded. I've been slowly clearing out narrow walking paths, including partials of trees downed by a down burst during a storm. There's on enormous tree, with a large branch snapped and angled down. No way to clear it. Too solid. To stationary. Too big.

So, I spent two weekends clearing out as best I could. Today, I walked back, and the branch had snapped at the trunk!

Huge mess. With lots of new downed branches that blocked my next avenue of egress.

There goes my next two weekends.

Now see, in the city you just call someone and they come . 🤷‍♀️

Living in the country the only person I have to complain too is myself. :p

I have, for the first time ever, realized that this movie is set in California.

California!?!?

*blinks*

All this time I thought it was New England. 😮

Forget the movies and books tonight ! It's the night for the peak of the Lynid meteor shower . . .

"The Lyrid meteor shower will peak in 2024 starting late Sunday night on April 21 and last through dawn on Monday April 22."
"Lyrids are pieces of debris from Comet C/1861 G1 Thatcher. In mid-April of each year, Earth runs into the stream of debris from the comet, which causes the meteor shower."
"The best viewing will be in the pre-dawn hours, specifically after midnight when the shower's radiant (Lyra constellation) rises in the east."

"According to NASA, the best view in the Northern Hemisphere of the shower after moonset and before dawn.

Here are tips from the space agency:
  • Pick an area well away from city lights or street lights.
  • Bring a sleeping bag, blanket, or lawn chair.
  • Lie flat on your back with your feet facing east and look up.
  • Be patient. About 30 minutes in the dark your eyes should adapt and you should begin to see meteors."

Alas, I am in the city, or I would absolutely be parked on the lawn, predawn. ☄️

Forget the movies and books tonight ! It's the night for the peak of the Lynid meteor shower . . .

"The Lyrid meteor shower will peak in 2024 starting late Sunday night on April 21 and last through dawn on Monday April 22."
"Lyrids are pieces of debris from Comet C/1861 G1 Thatcher. In mid-April of each year, Earth runs into the stream of debris from the comet, which causes the meteor shower."
"The best viewing will be in the pre-dawn hours, specifically after midnight when the shower's radiant (Lyra constellation) rises in the east."

"According to NASA, the best view in the Northern Hemisphere of the shower after moonset and before dawn.

Here are tips from the space agency:
  • Pick an area well away from city lights or street lights.
  • Bring a sleeping bag, blanket, or lawn chair.
  • Lie flat on your back with your feet facing east and look up.
  • Be patient. About 30 minutes in the dark your eyes should adapt and you should begin to see meteors."

Back