End of Year Reflections

neci

flagged
Welcome home, GBers.

This is a space to reflect back and look forward. No resolutions required. How are you? How are the people you love? What awaits you in the year to come? Is there anything you are leaving behind or taking with you?

I wish the best for all of you. May peace be in your hearts and fire in your souls.

I haven't had fire in my soul in more years than I care to remember. I'm stretched too thin.
Your plate is full. I hope you are able to care for yourself as well as those you love this year.

Light a candle. Remember the flame inside us all that keeps us glowing. I hope the next year brings you peace and love.

Last year almost killed me. They told me not to retire. :)
It’s only time and money. More of one and less of another. At least you still get to bum around here next year! Health is a while different matter. Take care of your heart and stay away from accelerants and depressants.

I am good. My people are generally okay. There are some potential medical issues, but I think we're on top of them. Next year will be a lot of work, but it will all be good. Maybe not so much work after that....

I am good. My people are generally okay. There are some potential medical issues, but I think we're on top of them. Next year will be a lot of work, but it will all be good. Maybe not so much work after that....
Speaking of retirement! I hope there are many more cabin days in your near future. With lots of white shit so you can ride your toys all around and scare some moose. Medical issues seem to be the norm around here. I’m hoping for a healthy year, but planning for chaos. Life’s curve balls have been a bit wild as of late. I hope you get some relaxing down time and a nice brew or two.

Oh, hi Neci. Someone told me I was supposed to be nice to you and respect you because you're older than dirt and you've been posting on Lit since they used stone tablets.

So mad love and respect.

What's that smell, is that your diapers?
Sweetheart, the smell is your own. That’s how the internets work. Peace and love to you and yours. And merry Christmas, From the team.

Speaking of retirement! I hope there are many more cabin days in your near future. With lots of white shit so you can ride your toys all around and scare some moose. Medical issues seem to be the norm around here. I’m hoping for a healthy year, but planning for chaos. Life’s curve balls have been a bit wild as of late. I hope you get some relaxing down time and a nice brew or two.
Rig to flip, plan to swim......

My housing situation is more settled right now. I like my roommates.
I do need to take better care of my health, my A1C numbers are too high. I'm continuing to lose weight, that is high on my list to keep working on.

Welcome home, GBers.

This is a space to reflect back and look forward. No resolutions required. How are you? How are the people you love? What awaits you in the year to come? Is there anything you are leaving behind or taking with you?

I wish the best for all of you. May peace be in your hearts and fire in your souls.

Great topic. While I used to be a great one for self-improvement, I never did well with New Year's Resolutions. We have winter holidays to cheer ourselves up. I always thought that the answer to the question "Why can't we have the Christmas Spirit all year?" was that a week afterwards we undergo a polarity reversal. Christmas is focused on others. New Years is self-centered. Whether it's setting personal standards or personal indulgence, it's all about ME. Of course, if I don't have a special someone and a party invitation on New Year's Eve I'm a failure. So thanks for the no resolutions thing and the questions. Yes, I have a special someone, but I have been on the other side of things. People don't need that pressure to lose weight, get out of debt, get married or whatever else on top of that with public declarations.

I am well. I think the credit goes to Thanksgiving. Oh, sure, I put on weight with the feast and single handedly consuming the leftovers over several days. But I took that weight off by eating healthy since (which was the plan), and because I didn't give up when I plateaued afterwards I've been dropping more in the last week.

But it doesn't end there. I have also carried forward an attitude of gratitude, and that is working well for me. We've had car trouble, appliance trouble, and house trouble since. But I can take it in stride without getting angry or depressed, and I know other people would become one or the other in my shoes. The house trouble is sort of a wake -up call about the organizing and decluttering that we have been procrastinating about. We have over-accumulated, and we need to correct that to have room to correct the house problems.

Maybe my days are often spent troubleshooting, but they have been productive days, and I can really appreciate a drink or a meal at the end of that. Strangely enough I figured out how to make omelets, a skill that has eluded me all of my life, while attempting to scramble eggs. I was just being in the moment, and I realized that it was primarily a timing issue. You know, like avocados- Not ready, not ready, not ready, NOW!, too late.

What were the questions? 1) I am well. Not on any prescriptions. Not currently injured. 2) She is gradually recovering from an injury. The rest of the people I love are presently healthy, and I am grateful for that for as long as it lasts. 3) There is a cruise that will include a number of the previous group in the year to come. 4) I hope to leave much of this clutter behind, and I hope to continue to carry the gratefulness and being in the moment forward.

2023 sucked. Medical procedures up the wazoo. Quarter million billed to insurance for two of us. We're a long way from retirement age. In general we're healthy, take care of ourselves, exercise, watch our diet. Just unlucky this year, I guess. (Really, WTF, tho?)

Hopefully most of that is done with for a while now. Still have some medical stuff to deal with in 2024. Looks like a lot of it won't be covered by insurance, even then deductible and out of pocket reset, with nothing left in savings. Might have to crack into retirement savings to pay for it. Hoping it goes better than predicted. At least we're a long way from retirement, and can continue saving.

Honestly, 2023 has been draining. I don't have the energy to even care anymore. If some dumbass hits me on the highway, it might be better than another year of this crap.

Hopefully the rest of you all had a better year!

Hi Neci!
Im okay. I am happy in general.
It’s still a covid world for me, so I can’t eat out, but I see people and am having fun when I can. An old friend is back in my life and that’s nice.
Medical stuff with immediate family, it’s down right scary esp when I am the primary decision maker for the others. At times there is so much to do, my mind feels like jello afterwards.
Survival of all of us is the primary goal for the next year. Lots of chaos, I’m sure. I’m uncluttering like mad, somethings have permanently changed for me over the pandemic such as never going back to 9-5 in an office.
I’d like some down time at some point and to travel for fun. Missing the dead one, but his memory has been blessing as they say.
Not sure I ever showed you the memorial painting, I should do that.
Plans beyond last minute are on hold for a while.
Thinking of being in Uk in 2025.

My housing situation is more settled right now. I like my roommates.
I do need to take better care of my health, my A1C numbers are too high. I'm continuing to lose weight, that is high on my list to keep working on.
I’m so glad you like your new roommates and you’ve got housing, pink. i hope the new year brings a continuation of your improved health. it’s so much easier to keep at something than start something new, so just stay on the track you are on. :heart: i hope you and yours have an amazing christmas and new year.

Great topic. While I used to be a great one for self-improvement, I never did well with New Year's Resolutions. We have winter holidays to cheer ourselves up. I always thought that the answer to the question "Why can't we have the Christmas Spirit all year?" was that a week afterwards we undergo a polarity reversal. Christmas is focused on others. New Years is self-centered. Whether it's setting personal standards or personal indulgence, it's all about ME. Of course, if I don't have a special someone and a party invitation on New Year's Eve I'm a failure. So thanks for the no resolutions thing and the questions. Yes, I have a special someone, but I have been on the other side of things. People don't need that pressure to lose weight, get out of debt, get married or whatever else on top of that with public declarations.

I am well. I think the credit goes to Thanksgiving. Oh, sure, I put on weight with the feast and single handedly consuming the leftovers over several days. But I took that weight off by eating healthy since (which was the plan), and because I didn't give up when I plateaued afterwards I've been dropping more in the last week.

But it doesn't end there. I have also carried forward an attitude of gratitude, and that is working well for me. We've had car trouble, appliance trouble, and house trouble since. But I can take it in stride without getting angry or depressed, and I know other people would become one or the other in my shoes. The house trouble is sort of a wake -up call about the organizing and decluttering that we have been procrastinating about. We have over-accumulated, and we need to correct that to have room to correct the house problems.

Maybe my days are often spent troubleshooting, but they have been productive days, and I can really appreciate a drink or a meal at the end of that. Strangely enough I figured out how to make omelets, a skill that has eluded me all of my life, while attempting to scramble eggs. I was just being in the moment, and I realized that it was primarily a timing issue. You know, like avocados- Not ready, not ready, not ready, NOW!, too late.

What were the questions? 1) I am well. Not on any prescriptions. Not currently injured. 2) She is gradually recovering from an injury. The rest of the people I love are presently healthy, and I am grateful for that for as long as it lasts. 3) There is a cruise that will include a number of the previous group in the year to come. 4) I hope to leave much of this clutter behind, and I hope to continue to carry the gratefulness and being in the moment forward.
to leaving clutter behind! i have been sorting through stuff at the house. boxes of keep, trash, donate and attempt to sell. i think my house is more cluttered right now attempting to go through everything.

omelets are elusive to me. growing up we had an omelet maker, shaped in a half circle, that eggs were added to the bottom, then ingredients, than egg on top. you closed it up and flipped it half way through, making the perfect omelet. these days, my omelets are scrambles. do you have a special pan, or is it all technique?

2022 and 2023 have been the worst years of my life. Hopefully 2024 will produce evolution, peace, and healing.
i wish i could send you a warm blanket and wrap you in love. my your new year bring healing, peace, growth and so much more.

2023 sucked. Medical procedures up the wazoo. Quarter million billed to insurance for two of us. We're a long way from retirement age. In general we're healthy, take care of ourselves, exercise, watch our diet. Just unlucky this year, I guess. (Really, WTF, tho?)

Hopefully most of that is done with for a while now. Still have some medical stuff to deal with in 2024. Looks like a lot of it won't be covered by insurance, even then deductible and out of pocket reset, with nothing left in savings. Might have to crack into retirement savings to pay for it. Hoping it goes better than predicted. At least we're a long way from retirement, and can continue saving.

Honestly, 2023 has been draining. I don't have the energy to even care anymore. If some dumbass hits me on the highway, it might be better than another year of this crap.

Hopefully the rest of you all had a better year!
we’ve had our fair share of health stuff in my family this year. nothing is harder than having your own health issues and caring for someone who has more going on than you. draining is the understatement of the year. i hope you are able to find some time to recharge your battery and get some rest. i hope you are both able to heal soon.

Hi Neci!
Im okay. I am happy in general.
It’s still a covid world for me, so I can’t eat out, but I see people and am having fun when I can. An old friend is back in my life and that’s nice.
Medical stuff with immediate family, it’s down right scary esp when I am the primary decision maker for the others. At times there is so much to do, my mind feels like jello afterwards.
Survival of all of us is the primary goal for the next year. Lots of chaos, I’m sure. I’m uncluttering like mad, somethings have permanently changed for me over the pandemic such as never going back to 9-5 in an office.
I’d like some down time at some point and to travel for fun. Missing the dead one, but his memory has been blessing as they say.
Not sure I ever showed you the memorial painting, I should do that.
Plans beyond last minute are on hold for a while.
Thinking of being in Uk in 2025.
i hope you are able to manifest the UK in 2025. i get the jello mind. mine crashed a few weeks back, but some rest and a pause have helped it slowly reform. i would love to see the painting.

I started off this year with Covid. Broke and in Debt to the tune of about 55 K.
I have had bouts with Diverticulitis, Big kidney stones and UTI's & Septicemia.
On the plus side I received my retirement pension and spent 115k paying off debt and doing things to my house.

AND two new computer systems at work I have had to learn to deal with!
I have had worse years for sure.

And thank you Jesus for the MANY mercies and prayer answering you have shown me.

I started off this year with Covid. Broke and in Debt to the tune of about 55 K.
I have had bouts with Diverticulitis, Big kidney stones and UTI's & Septicemia.
On the plus side I received my retirement pension and spent 115k paying off debt and doing things to my house.

AND two new computer systems at work I have had to learn to deal with!
I have had worse years for sure.

And thank you Jesus for the MANY mercies and prayer answering you have shown me.
I hope this next year is better for your health. May your home and hearth be merry and bright this season.

I hope this next year is better for your health. May your home and hearth be merry and bright this season.
Thank You!

Very kind of you!

I called my Ex-wife to wish her well and she has the Flu and yelled at me because I forgot her dog died.

EX for a reason or three...

Meh. One year older, one year closer to a dirt nap. With various health conditions I always knew I would have a short lifespan.

I’m so glad you like your new roommates and you’ve got housing, pink. i hope the new year brings a continuation of your improved health. it’s so much easier to keep at something than start something new, so just stay on the track you are on. :heart: i hope you and yours have an amazing christmas and new year.
I hope so too. My rooming situation has been so unsteady for such a long time. I don't think it's hit me that I can take a deep breath now.

I'm still on the right track but it's hard. Cutting down on my sugar intake is tough. i just have to think smart. Make substitutions when I can.

Haveca wonderful holiday season Neci. You're in my thoughts.

Back