Eeek! Story submitting nerves.

SpecialK

Literotica Guru
Well, I think the collaboration I wrote with a friend is almost ready for submission.

Even though this is not the first story I have submitted to Lit, somehow, I'm just as nervous as when I posted the first story. I have checked out a few stories lately and I'm awed by how talented the writers are here. Where is the drop in quality writing everyone is talking about? Dang I'm nervous! I feel like I'm still a virgin to this whole story submitting thing. It has been about a year since I submit my last story.

I think this new story is a good one. I'm quite proud of it. And I know that writing this story turned me on more than any other writing task in the past. Becoming turned on by what I write is unusual for me. Surely the story must be good, right?

Anyway, on to my questions (you knew I had to have SOME, right?): What is the wait these days from submission via the new script thingy to being a new story on the list? Has that backlog finally disappeared?

Also, if I have special formatting/posting requests, how do I signify that to Laurel on the submission form? For example, this story has two parts which I will be submitting separately but I'd like them to end up posted side by side and within the author's index for both of us.

Hopefully, now that I have finished editting this one, I can continue to work on the others that I have in the works.

K

K, I don't know about special requests, but I do know that last time I sent a story in via the new script, it was online within a day. I have a feeling that as long as they're working all right, everything will be smooth sailing from here on in. Can't wait to read your stuff, it's always good!

SpecialK said:
Anyway, on to my questions (you knew I had to have SOME, right?): What is the wait these days from submission via the new script thingy to being a new story on the list? Has that backlog finally disappeared?

I've still got about an 8-day backlog on the stories submitted via the script, but that's smaller every day. By the end of the month, there shouldn't be more than 24-48 hours between submission and posting for stories submitted via the site scripts.

Also, if I have special formatting/posting requests, how do I signify that to Laurel on the submission form? For example, this story has two parts which I will be submitting separately but I'd like them to end up posted side by side and within the author's index for both of us.

Any special requests, just put at the top of your submission in brackets with a big "LAUREL! READ THIS!" note.

When you say "submitting by the site scripts", do you mean using the page where you can cut and paste your story into a box, or browse & submit your story as a file? I just want to make sure I send my stories in the format that makes it easiest to accept so it can be posted as soon as possible. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

christo said:
When you say "submitting by the site scripts", do you mean using the page where you can cut and paste your story into a box, or browse & submit your story as a file? I just want to make sure I send my stories in the format that makes it easiest to accept so it can be posted as soon as possible. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Yes, that's what I mean. Can't wait to read you! :)

Lost Story Submittal

Laurel, I submitted two stories about a month ago. One has been posted to the board but the other has just disappeared from my profile altogether without any indication as to why it may be gone. I have written two emails to info@literotica.com but, since I did not get a reply, I assume they were lost or buried. Should I resubmit the story or just be patient?

Hmm...I only see one story under your profile. Try resubmitting, then send me an email when you've resubmitted and I'll check your profile & let you know if it made it to my end. Sorry for the delayed response to your email - my box is slammed right now. I'm working on the story backlog, then I intend to work on my email backlog & photo submission backlog...yipee!

Laurell?

I've got chapters 2-7 of my story pending, and they are all pending in order (2-7). Yesterday I submitted chapter 8 and it jumped to the top of the pending list. This doesn't mean it will be posted first, before the other chapters, does it?

Thanks much,
circe!

No...they're listed in alphabetical order on your profile page, but they come to me in chronological order of when you sent them.

Laurel said:
Try resubmitting, then send me an email when you've resubmitted and I'll check your profile & let you know if it made it to my end.

Done. Thanks

Back