Drink of the Summer

neci

flagged
What are you drinking this summer, other than massive amounts of water to stay hydrated?

i’m an unsweet iced tea year round person, but cucumber lime juice or agua de pepino is my go to happy summer place. blended watermelon juice has also made quite the appearance this summer, and not just because it’s a good base for margaritas. as far as drinks that come in a can, michelob ultra organic selzer has become a staple in the back fridge. so what’s in your cup this summer?

My daughter has discovered she likes fresh-squeezed lemonade, so I buy 8 lemons every week at the store and the two of us make a big pitcher.

Unsweet tea, of course. Sweetened tea is an abomination of humanity! In my opinion at least. Probably has to do where I was raised, more than a flavor preference. Also, for some unknown reason, I've been drinking a lot of hopwater. I really don't know why that is, it's just expensive seltzer water poured over a hop or something. It's refreshing, and since disani stopped making their leomon/lime sparkling water, it's a substitute.

Back to vacationing.

I mostly drink water, but I also like green smoothies and infused water (usually lemons and cucumber).

I'm going to say beer. When I am watering plants, it's easier to slow down and be thorough with a beer in one hand. It's been a dry year (in terms of rain).

A cold berry smoothie to start the day. Sparkling water (grapefruit is my favourite flavour) throughout the day. Especially when it’s partially frozen.

Apple Jim beam and cherry Pepsi 2 shots to 6oz to mmmmm

Back