Dr David Evans: Global Warming is Manmade?

No video is worth the time it takes to view them. If they have something to say, write it down.

I HATE the trend to a paragraph and a half, then 30 secs of commercial, then 8 minutes of video blather.

Two threads on the same topic in three hours?

Not pushin' any sort of agenda here, are ya?

I hate to use words with over two syllables in a thread that both toubab and Queerbait™ are posting in, but anthropogenic sources have been a key influence on the rate of global warming.

The only real issue is how much influence it has been.

anthropogenic sources have been a key influence on the rate of global warming.

looking at all the science shit...

we know the climate is in a constant state of change.
climate change has always happened.
i'm pretty convinced we've made an impact on the rate.

but climate change is inevitable, so i'm not as sky-is-falling as the media seems to be. extinctions will occur, adaptations will happen. if we fuck up the earth then, eventually, the earth will unfuck itself.

but running out of oil is a scary thought.

David Evans can call himself "Dr David Evans" because he has a Ph.D. in electrical engineering.

How this makes him an authority on the global climate is anyone's guess.

Next up, my English professor on why quantum theory is bogus.

David Evans can call himself "Dr David Evans" because he has a Ph.D. in electrical engineering.

Kindly inform us what a climate scientist is.

Is it a dendrochronologist ( Michael "Piltdown" Mann)?
Is it a railway engineer ( Rajenda Pachauri )?
Is it a hydrologist ( Peter Gleick )?
Is it an English major ( Bill McKibben )?

Derpflectors on full!
Full power to primary balance equivalency fallacy array!
Make it so!

Dendrochronology is the practice of dating trees by rings. I guess a dendrochronologist could uncover data relevant for climatologists. But I wouldn't trust one with the analysis of said data.

Hydrology, as well as oceanology and meterology, and similar other diciplines of science definitely deal with global climate questions.

The other two... Do you even need to ask?

More to the point, what does this have to do with the fact that David Evans is an electrcal engineer?

Dendrochronology is the practice of dating trees by rings. I guess a dendrochronologist could uncover data relevant for climatologists. But I wouldn't trust one with the analysis of said data.

Hydrology, as well as oceanology and meterology, and similar other diciplines of science definitely deal with global climate questions.

The other two... Do you even need to ask?

More to the point, what does this have to do with the fact that David Evans is an electrcal engineer?

The point is simple. Climatology is a multidisciplinary field. There are no standards.

That's part of the reason Michael "Piltdown" Mann stepped in shite with his now infamous "Hockey Stick." The clown had absolutely no clue about statistics and statistical methods. There are a hell of a lot of "climate scientists" with similar shortcomings in physics, modeling, statistics— among others.

In the case of Michael "Piltdown" Mann, peer review failed miserably. NOBODY was watching and it took outsiders ( Steve McIntyre and Ross McKitrick ) to catch the fundamental mistakes (and that's being charitable) made by Mann et al.

I, for one, am far more willing to give the benefit of doubt to someone with a background in the hard sciences (such as physics or meteorology or electrical engineering) than to blowhard-frauds like McKibben or Gore.

No video is worth the time it takes to view them. If they have something to say, write it down.

I HATE the trend to a paragraph and a half, then 30 secs of commercial, then 8 minutes of video blather.

It's your loss if you don't allow the little time it takes to watch these two videos with an open mind. They are very impressive presentations of factual information on climate change. Dr. Evans is a former proponent of AGW who is now a skeptic, and quite understandably so, as is clearly explained in the videos.

Two threads on the same topic in three hours?

Not pushin' any sort of agenda here, are ya?

I would advise you to watch the two videos with an open mind. If you do, I think you will understand why they have a separate thread of their own from the other thread.

I hate to use words with over two syllables in a thread that both toubab and Queerbait™ are posting in, but anthropogenic sources have been a key influence on the rate of global warming.

That's almost exactly what Dr. Evans says in the videos. Except for the "key" part, which is an important distinction.

He was considered an authority when he supported AGW.

Gee, did somebody tell you that this was "settled science?"

The conservation of energy is settled science. If you have any data showing that energy can be created or destroyed I'd be very interested in reading about it.

Where does the energy go?

Back