don't be shy

dasgoodshit

Really Experienced
Where's my people that don't understand why readers like what you've written?

If you've written something and been surprised by positive reactions to it, I'm talking to you.

PM me if that's your preference

I've never understood the like of my stories any more than the dislike of them. Or is it love and hate of them? I'm always pleased when people love my work. And oddly, when people hate it, there is also a certain pleasure. I want people to experience emotions, so if they love it or hate it, a job well done.

I've never understood the like of my stories any more than the dislike of them. Or is it love and hate of them? I'm always pleased when people love my work. And oddly, when people hate it, there is also a certain pleasure. I want people to experience emotions, so if they love it or hate it, a job well done.
Understandable. I've got a rather despicable character that I'm developing, and I already know that people are going to hate him.

eh. Kinda? I'm just here having a bit of fun, had a story in my mind, felt like posting it so just whacking it up here as I write. No one's called me out for subjecting them to a first draft yet, which is somewhat surprising as that's somewhat of a "never do that" thing.

When I first wrote Test Subjects, I thought it was good. It isn't.
I've learned so much in such a short span of time. I'm sure I have a lot further to go. But I know for sure that Test Subjects is sub-par.

Now, when people praise Test Subjects, I wonder what they see in it.

When I first wrote Test Subjects, I thought it was good. It isn't.
I've learned so much in such a short span of time. I'm sure I have a lot further to go. But I know for sure that Test Subjects is sub-par.

Now, when people praise Test Subjects, I wonder what they see in it.
The par on different holes is variable... some allow more strokes than others. 😇

I was surprised at the positive feedback I got from Back to the Ex, where the forum was pretty enthusiastic. I mean, I'm proud of that one, but I wasn't expecting it to be liked quite so much. Especially since it started with a low score and since crept up, likely due to the very low word count (I used to have a problem with waffling and bloat, sometimes still do if I'm not careful, so I like challenging myself to say as much as I can in very few words).

It's hit the point where I'm cautious about uploading the sequels in case I've fucked it up. Hasn't stopped me from pantsing a seperate tale with the same characters, though. I'll probably upload that one soon.

I'm also a bit confused about Consummation. It's not what I normally write (erotica or otherwise) and it's not what I'd choose to read. It mainly exists because bridal dresses are hot but I kept constantly running into cuckold, humiliation and raceplay in pretty much every wedding-related story I could find. No shade if that's your thing, of course, but I was bored of it, so I wrote a saccharine, corny, purple-prosy 'virgin bride has a blissful first time with the love of her life' thing out of complete and utter contrariness, lol. Never underestimate the creative power of spite.

It got an H. Fair enough, I'll take it.

I would agree. I've gotten a couple comments that a reader hated one of my characters or what they did. Isn't that the role of an author, to stir emotions in people? I figure if my writing made them hate my characters or what happened, I've done a pretty good job of painting the picture I set out to paint.

I usually understand people’s reactions to what I write. Doesn’t mean I agree with them all the time, though.

Back