Details Details

Just for the occasion she bought an insanely high pair of fuck me heels that she had to walk slowly in and even then wasn't completely steady.

I have a collection out outtakes and unedited clips from adult flicks somewhere among all my now useless trash. One of them has Amber Lynn in a pair of too tall heels getting undressed in front of two guys strokin'. She fumbling around with her bra trying to stay balanced on the stilts as she mumbles unscripted "I'm going to fall out of these heels."

But later on when she's excited and leading the guy to her bedroom, she's strutting all sexy in front of him...than stumbles and bangs into the wall....

'Miss Congeniality', Sandra Bullock strutting confidently out of the hangar down the red carpet to the tune of Mustang Sally until ....

"Ethan had built the apartment into one corner of the hangar. He'd installed tall windows in one long wall next to the rear entrance, then built inner partitions to separate the space into rooms. But no outer walls enclosed it. The effect was something like a movie set on a soundstage: you could walk around the whole affair, see into all the rooms, walk in or out. There was no ceiling. Recycled glass chandeliers were suspended by chains from the distant steel roof. He'd hung his mountain bike on one wall, surrounded by shelves. The open kitchen was at one end; at the other, a floating staircase led up to a deep loft with an oversized platform bed.

Lauren's working-class reflexes balked at what it must cost to heat and cool the place."

Last edited:
To get back to the original post: how does Mark Burnell himself do it? I can't find much about him except that he was born in Britain, lived in Brazil, and is now back in Britain. Maybe he has the money (he's been quite successful in screenwriting) to visit most of those places. It would only take a few days, not months, in each city.

Doing it off of Google Maps (do they have street view overseas?) might be okay for an occasional bit, but doing a massive story out of that seems tough. For one thing, it would be hard to get the true feel of a place from just photos.

To get back to the original post: how does Mark Burnell himself do it? I can't find much about him except that he was born in Britain, lived in Brazil, and is now back in Britain. Maybe he has the money (he's been quite successful in screenwriting) to visit most of those places. It would only take a few days, not months, in each city.

Doing it off of Google Maps (do they have street view overseas?) might be okay for an occasional bit, but doing a massive story out of that seems tough. For one thing, it would be hard to get the true feel of a place from just photos.

I read somewhere...some time ago...that major writers have research assistants. Getting the right details can take a couple of years of research ahead of the writing.

It makes sense to me.

I generally go on and on and on and on in great laborious detail about minutia in each scene. A side benefit is that nobody ever scrolls down to page 68 to one-bomb the story. I gave each story five stars as well. Now if only nine other people would read one of them I'd have a red "H."

I read somewhere...some time ago...that major writers have research assistants. Getting the right details can take a couple of years of research ahead of the writing.

Yes. Not just major writers. A lot of writers use research assistants. It's a cottage industry and was way before COVID. Either by the hour, or a set fee for the project. I've used them many times. My story "Jane Bets Her Ass," the Jane character is modeled physically and in personality on the woman I used as my primary research assistant for over a decade. Sadly she died too young a few years back,

Prior to the web, you'd hire them for their personal research library and to spend hours in public and private libraries. Now, with everyone working remotely and the web, is easier and cheaper.

To get back to the original post: how does Mark Burnell himself do it?

Funny. At least to me, I was skimming this thread and I read Mark Burnell as Mark Burnett, the TV producer who created "Survivor," "The Apprentice" and "Shark Tank." He is also a Brit, but now lives in America. I know him and was about to do a rant about what an asshole he is. An amazingly talented and successful one, (actually a TV genius) but one just the same. And then I took the time to reread your post.

On the other hand, Mark Burnell, I do not know, nor do I know his work. Now I will have to become familiar.

It makes sense to me.

Case in point (because I was one for a couple of his books). James Michener had a stable of researchers who roamed around the geographic region he wanted to write about and gathered background material and local legends. He sifted through those to decide what he wanted to write and how he wanted to sequence it. He'd done most of the writing (I noted that some wording of research reports made it into the final text), but, after his initial Tales of the South Pacific, which became the basis of his formats for the novels, it was all someone else's research legwork.

Back