Democratic Party will not hold Primary Debates like the cowards they are.

Closer to the truth to say you missed the point of your own link.

No one is suppressing RFK's right to continue making an ass of himself if he must.
I never claimed to endorse anything in the article. That wasn't the point of posting it. It was to document that primary debates were not taking place.

Regardless of mine or your opinion of RFK he has a right to participate in the Democratic process.

No one said he didn't. But Biden doesn't owe him anything either.
Democracy isn't the personal property of Biden which he can dole out to whoever he chooses. WTF kind of comment is that? Biden has no obligation to fairness or the democratic process?

Democracy isn't the personal property of Biden which he can dole out to whoever he chooses. WTF kind of comment is that? Biden has no obligation to fairness or the democratic process?
First of all, I'm tempted to argue RFK would be better off without Biden debating him. The less exposure he gets, the more voters know only his famous name, which would be much better for him politically.

But yeah, I know that's not the point. The point is, Biden does not owe it to him or to any other gadfly candidate to waste everyone's time and money with a primary debate. If RFK wants to have a primary debate, he's welcome to set it up himself and invite Biden and any other candidate he likes. No one is stopping him from doing that.

First of all, I'm tempted to argue RFK would be better off without Biden debating him. The less exposure he gets, the more voters know only his famous name, which would be much better for him politically.

But yeah, I know that's not the point. The point is, Biden does not owe it to him or to any other gadfly candidate to waste everyone's time and money with a primary debate. If RFK wants to have a primary debate, he's welcome to set it up himself and invite Biden and any other candidate he likes. No one is stopping him from doing that.
I have no interest in defending RFK Jr. or any of his policies but if he has polling numbers he should be debated like everyone else. I really don't think his personality or policies are going to set the world on fire.

I have no interest in defending RFK Jr. or any of his policies but if he has polling numbers he should be debated like everyone else. I really don't think his personality or policies are going to set the world on fire.
Again, what you're advocating for here is NOT "like everyone else". It's the norm for the president's party to have no primary debates when the incumbent is running for re-election.

Again, what you're advocating for here is NOT "like everyone else". It's the norm for the president's party to have no primary debates when the incumbent is running for re-election.
I couldn't care less about the norm, tradition, or the status quo. Matter of fact the norm, tradition, and the status quo is the problem here. As far as I'm concerned the norm, tradition, and the status quo can go fuck itself.

Nothing in the Constitution dictates debates. That is an internecine party decision and the absence of a debate is an implicit statement: We support our Party's leader and are not willing to weaken and undermine him and just hand over power to the other party. Let him debate the Republican candidate because he is the candidate.

What I suspect here is a bit of Democratic buyer's remorse and their suspicion that he cannot win reelection.

Democrats, send your people to talk to him, I say, even if you have to threaten him with the 25th.

Otherwise, stand stoutly behind him and let him govern.

(And bring him ice cream.)

Back