Defenders Revived!

Alexis frowned slightly when she heard Martin's chuckle. She didn't understand what exactly he found so amusing about the situation and didn't very much appreciate his lack of seriousness at her reply. She decided to let it go however, focusing on his next words instead.

“I know the commander is here based on syndicate reports I have grabbed they are currently searching the city for him. They have sent a man under the code name Poison to find him. We must work fast however I do not know the commander. Where might he go?”

Her eyes widened in surprise at the name Poison before narrowing in anger, her hands balling into fists at her sides and the temperature in the air around her warming by several degrees.

"He's who the commander was fighting when the building went down," she told Martin.

If the Syndicate had sent him out after Jack then Martin was right, they needed to act fast and find the commander before Poison did. But where to look? She shook her head in response to his question about where the commander might have gone.

"If I knew the answer to that I would have already found him five years ago," she replied, her shoulders sinking slightly, "You think I didn't try? That I didn't look everywhere I could think of praying that he had somehow survived?"

She sighed and turned, looked out at the city stretched out before them from their view on the rooftop.

"Like I said, if he is out there somewhere I don't think he wants to be found by anyone...not even his old teammates."

Raven

She caught those hands by delicate little wrist, one in each as her eyes lowered to Jenna's blouse. With flawless ease, those buttons came loose one by one until they were half undone. Without touch, without pull or push, merely with the power of her mind, that inner will power. "Most likely something you've not done before and would turn your lovely porcelain complexion rosy red to match your hair." Finding the young woman's actions quite particular, as they had only just met. Hadn't they?

Suspicion was a skill anyone living in New York developed at an early age. Especially since the Syndicate was running the show. "Business is good, steady but it has it's nights where it is not so good.. And it is definitely not safe." Her tone was deeper, a warning little Jenna needed to heed. "You pay, that is how you keep ahead. You pay in dues, or you pay in goons to keep your peace and your rules, property, life and such as safe as possible. There is no safe street in New York any longer, be it broad day light or dead of night. Police are paid to look the other way, as is the commissioner, the chief, the mayor of the city." She wasn't saying anything new, judging by Jenna's face as she spoke. "And you know all that.. " So again, why was little mouse here? Some lesbian wet dream from the Rolling Stone's cover groupie?

No.. Didn't seem the type at all.

"Tell me, kitten.. You a good girl and do as your told?" She shift the hold on Jenna's wrists, pushing but with just a little applied pressure, those pale delicate bones behind Jenna's back.. Little red could easily gain freedom at any time, if she wished to be away or out of Raven's hold. "We could use a good girl like you.. Who does as she is told and who will print the truth, aid a certain group of individuals in getting the word out?" Such pert little breasts under that white crisp blouse too, Jenna was hiding quite a bit.

Jenna inhaled sharply when Raven grabbed her hands, trapping her and keeping her still. Walking in, this had never been a part of her plan, but know she found herself in the club owner's lap, breathing fast and trembling beneath her touch. Feeling movement, she looked down, eyes widening as the buttons undid themselves, eyes widening. "Holy shit," she whispered, looking back up at her. "Y... you're one of them?"

Then Raven went back to business talk, with Jenna listening carefully, though her face was flushed, clearly affected by how close they were. "I've heard rumors, certain people coming in and out of your club. You have contacts, and clearly not just because you own the club," she murmured, wondering what else the woman could do with her powers. "If you're worried about me betraying you, think of it this way. I've put myself in danger coming here and putting out real information on the web. We're on the same side."

Jenna whimpered softly as her hands were pushed behind her, pushing out her breasts as she watched with wide eyes, realizing with those powers and in her territory, Raven could do anything she wanted with her. But she had a feeling The woman wouldn't make her stay if she tried to leave. "You really like nicknames, don't you?" She grinned, a bit nervously. "You trying to bribe me into writing positive opinion pieces too?" She asked, but the tone of Raven's voice made it clear what else she meant. "I'll get the word out, and... and I'll be a good girl," she said the last part a bit softer, biting her lip as she glanced towards Raven's lips.

In the back of her mind, a little voice told her that this was a bad idea, that she needed to stay objective, to not make it personal. But Raven was very difficult to resist.

Last edited:
Raven

So soft were her laughter that came, watching the little mouse blush and squirm. "Yes, I do." Her husky tone usually a warning as much as a hint to Raven's own aroused state. "I love pet names as much as I love reddening asses of little girls who do not do as they should." Fingers slip and hook both wrists with left hand as the right come around front. The back of those same fingers caress in careful, soft manner down over the swell of exposed breast. "Lovely girl.." She did note the contrast of her own skin to that of Jenna's, giving the impression of a sort that in that pale little form were a fragile girl.. Yet Raven knew better than that.

Her eyes lift just a bit to watch Jenna's face, those large expressive eyes and kissable pouty lips as her hand shift and turned, slipping within to cup a breast bound in lacy lady wear. Thumb did skirt over the hidden nipple, pressing in just enough to be felt. "We do not know each other.. If you would be so bold as to suggest I have any need to bribe someone from someone?" Her tone was soft, deadly in chill but there were still curious arousal intertwined in each spoken word. "That I would bother with librarians and fabricated lies already told by the rest of our media, and for free of charge!" Her hand slid up from breast to wrap about the delicate throat and give a little tug and squeeze. "Careful, Jenna, you may just insult me enough to make it worth my while in punishing you." Into the young woman's face she moved, her words spoken low as to not be over heard where from lips just a breath away from Jenna's. "I can be your best ally, or your worst enemy.."

In close she moved, inhaling the scent of the younger woman and a flash of something sparkled back into Jenna's gaze, "You smell delicious by the way.." Her tongue slipped out, flickered along the seam of Jenna's lips. Wetting the woman's kiss, before her own brushed across. And as quickly as she had seized up young Jenna, she was suddenly teleported back across the table, to her original seat. Disheveled, partially undressed and looking like she needed a good lay. Raven's smile lift in a friendly manner, slipping back into her seat and crossing those long lean legs once more.

"I am a, what?" She asked, wondering what Jenna would respond with.

Jenna closed her eyes at the idea of Raven turning her ass red, squeezing her legs together as her head tilted back, trying to get some relief for the ache between her thighs. Soft gasps escaped her as Raven's hand moved over her small breast, her body jerking slightly at the sensation. She'd never met anyone like Raven before, and not just because she had powers, and being near her was intoxicating. "Careful, or I might just make you do that," she whimpered.

Her back arched at the pressure on her nipple, a soft cry escaping her parted lips, aroused even as Raven's tone sent a shiver of fear down her spine. She hadn't meant to insult her, meaning it as more of a playful tease. Her eyes opened as the hand moved from her breast to her exposed neck, squeezing just enough to make her gasp for air, but not enough to cause serious pain. "I'm sorry," she whimpered, glad there were tights under her skirt so Raven couldn't feel the way her panties were already soaked from need. Truth be told, she couldn't help but wonder what kind of punishments Raven had in mind. What exactly would she do to her?

Jenna's lips parted at that teasing tongue, eager for more as she tried to press back into Raven, but the grip on her neck kept her still, unable to get more than Raven chose to give her. Without warning, she was suddenly back in her seat, a complete mess, shaking and feeling slightly betrayed by Raven's teasing, desperate to get more of her touch.

"Y... you're a freaking superhero!" She painted, her breasts rising and falling quickly

Last edited:
Avery looked over at the other woman, her wings ruffling uncomfrotably at the mention of the effort going into replicating her powers. Really, her most coveted sonic powers had occurred after a series of mishaps and mistakes, with no real explanation given. To truly understand them, they would need to bring her in for experimentation. But they hadn't. She wondered what their game was.

But what she had said after that... about the other rumour. Well, that was interesting. Of course if it was anywhere it would be New York. It was interesting, but Avery needed more time to think about it. So she got to her feet, stretching her arms and rolling her shoulders.

"I'm going to get started on dinner, let me know if you have any allergies," She said with a hospitable smile before making for the kitchen. She pulled out a few things and got started on making a dinner for them. As they age they got to know each other a little bit better, and after that Avery set up the spare room for her guest. She said goodnight to the other woman before heaving out of the house for a fly around her property. Nothing out there seemed untoward, so by the time she got back in and washed the dust off her body it was time for bed. She set her alarm system on before she crawled onto her comfortable mattress and wondered whether she would set out with this woman, or if she would remain in her comfortable life.

One thing was for sure; the only thing that would bring her out of her self-imposed exile was the promise of other old Defenders getting back together. It's just too bad they had little more than rumours to go on.

Raven

"No." She lift her hand above her head and snapped her fingers, John moving off instantly to go fetch another glass of water. "Super hero's do stupid heroic deeds for the ungrateful public and get shit on for doing so." Her tongue darted out, lapping her lips as she sat watching Jenna across from her.. That knowing smile growing more so with each moment that passed. A subtle scent, that rapid heart beat..

"I am a business woman, to straddles a very danger and very fragile fence between lunatics and heroic fools. I invest wisely, expand and if you did some home work, you'd find out just how much real estate I own from the very tip of this country down to the keys of Florida." Cool eyes return to the tablet, pressing a few key buttons to send off for her next shipment of alcohol and condiments.

"Keep any mention of super heroes and Tartarus out of your article, it is not something either of us want. I do not care what you write, Jenna just know that there are always consequences." That husky purr was back in her voice, her gaze boldly roaming at will over the reporter. "You keep coming around, do right by those who need a fair shake and see where this new formed friendship takes us, hmm?"

Before Jenna could respond however she added, "I need to see to readying the club for tonight. You should come back later, or hang around if you like." John's foot steps came thumping up the carpeted stairs, water in hand. She stood to meet him, scooping up her tablet and glass from offered hand. "We have an agreement, Miss Roberts?"

Jenna watched her with wide eyes, intrigued by how the woman easily went from teasing her to going back to her work as if nothing had happened. She gripped the edge of her seat, still frustrated from Raven's touch. She fiddled with the charm bracelet around her wrist, the one that had belonged to her sister, trying to focus on Raven's words instead of the heat between her legs.

"So you'd say you're in this for yourself, not for the common good?" She asked, leaning forward and resting her chin on her hand. "Why deal with heroes then? Surely helping fugitives can't be that good for business." She didn't notice how the way she leaned forward gave Raven a good view of her cleavage.

"I'm not in this for a few articles that I publish every so often. This is the story that'll win a pulitzer, and that's going to take time. Trust me, not posting everything won't be a problem. And you can trust me to keep my sources confidential," she smiled, leaning back and watching Raven, wondering what went on in that brain of hers. She was a mystery.

"I'll stick around. Never know who might show up," she grinned before nodding. "We're in agreement." Once Johnny left the room, she started to slide out of her tights, stuffing them in her satchel before slipping her booties back on. "Probably best if I don't stand out quite as much though," she blushed slightly as she explained.

Rodger

The early morning sun beat down on the Australian outback and even inside his brand new station wagon, Rodger could feel the heat. It was going to a real scorcher and he breathed a sigh of relief as he saw his goal appear ahead of him, a house belonging to one Avery Varpulis. He grinned as he noticed the rented truck parked nearby.

After tracking his target across the country for the past week, it was nice to finally catch up to them. Still, the location worried him a little. Even if Avery had given up on the Defenders and was now little more than a poster girl, Rodger new better than to underestimate her. She still had her wings and and her sonic powers, but he had a plan for that.

Then there was Commander Stones herself to deal with. The information on her was hazy, but he knew enough to know that she was trouble. Plus there was the problem with the experimental weaponry she had taken. His mission was to kill her and bring back her gear without damaging it, so he would have to be careful.

He had briefly considered sneaking up on the house, but since one of his opponents could fly, he decided to simply drive up to the front door. Better to close the distance as quickly as possible. As he pulled up in front of the quaint little home, he took of his jacket and pulled a fake police badge and ID from his glove compartment. Casually, he strolled up to the front door and knocked.

Avery and Sheila spent the later part of the evening getting to know each other a little better. Avery realised that the beautiful woman that had found her was incredibly determined to see the Defenders reunite, and Avery could understand why. By the time she went back to her own room for the night she had a lot to think about. So much so that she didn't really get much sleep. She went to bed, but by the time that morning arrives she was restless.

So Avery woke early, deciding to go for a sunrise flight. It was her favourite time of day really; the world was still waking up. There was a peaceful stillness to it all. One that couldn't be matched at any other time of day. The way the sun rose over the out back as lso a sign of hope for here, a tentative kind of optimism. It cleared her mind and inspired her, and this time, she had something to be inspired about

It would have been a great start to the day if she hadn't seen that trail of dust in the distance. The one following the car speeding down the road. Locals knew better than to drive at those speeds around here; the kangaroos loved sunrise, and they were known to jump onto the road because it was so much warmer. A high speed crash with a roo never ended well for anyone involved.

Avery flew back to her house, staying low once more and perching on the roof of her verandah. She watched as the person got out of the car, dressed as a police officer. It e she had ever seen around these parts. She jumped gracefully off the roof and behind the man, leaving him by the locked front door but standing between him and his vehicle.

"What happened to Officer Williams?" Avery asked, an eyebrow cocked in this new person's direction. Ahs only hoped that Sheila was awake and alert inside.

Rodger

Rodger was a startled by Avery's sudden appearance and question, but he quickly regained his composure. He turned and looked at her, giving her a friendly smile.

"Hello Miss Varpulis. I'm Officer Harrison and I'm here on a missing persons case. I spoke with Officer Williams already," Rodger said showing his badge. He watched Avery carefully, noting her obvious distrust.

He lowered his badge and pulled a picture out of his pocket, showing it to her and saying, "Have you seen this woman? She's about 5 and a half feet tall, very fit. Tends to come across as stubborn and wilful."

Rodger glanced around himself, aware of how open he was.

Avery squinted at the badge suspiciously but remained ay a safe distance from him. She thought about his truck, found it interesting that it wasn't a local police cruiser.

"Stubborn and wilful?" Avery chuckled, crossing her arms under her breasts. "I didn't know that wanted person reports included personality traits like that." She took another look at the picture. There was no doubt in her mind that it was Arianne.

"No, nobody has been to this old place except me since officer Peters came to visit," Avery said with a shrug.

Last edited:
"Really? Then would you mind explaining who owns that truck there?" he asked, gesturing to the vehicle he noticed earlier.

He remained perfectly calm, but also worried about where Stones was. He was certain that she was here, but he wanted to learn where she was before things turned ugly.

Avery couldn't help but chuckle.

"Umm.. Me?" She said without missing a beat, rolling her eyes. "I don't know what the boys at the station have told you, but these old things can't carry much more than me." Avery ruffled her wings aa if to emphasize her point.

Rodger

"Fair enough," Rodger shrugged. Despite her words, he had already seen the sticker on the back window announcing it as being a rental. He also knew that the person who had rented the car looked identical to Stone.

"In that case, would you mind if a took a quick look around your house? As soon as I know that no one else is here I'll be out of your hair," he said, already walking before she answered.

"Are the days of warrants over, officer?" Avery asked, shaking her head. "Actually, on the topic of cars. What happened to your cruiser?" She leaned casually against one of the posts of her verandah, cocking an eyebrow sceptically.

Rodger

Rodger sighed, shaking his head. He had never been very good at impersonating cops and he should have known that a former Defender would have seen though his act easily. He slowly turned to face Avery, his eyes narrowing.

"Alright, I think I'll get straight to the point," he said, raising his hand and forcing the energy within himself out through his fingertips, so that it arced between them. "I don't want to hurt you but if you don't tell me where the lady is then I might not have a choice."

He waited a few seconds, to see how she would react before doing anything else.

Avery saw the crackle of electricity arcing between his fingers. Her eyes narrowed as she straightened up and glared at him.

"I will tell you where she is if you tell me why you want her," Avery said evenly as she watched the man. She didn't remember him from her Defender days, but they could still be recruiting newbies.

Rodger

He sighed as he heard Avery's words. He had been expecting them, but he was still annoyed that things weren't going smoothly.

"Apologies, but I can't tell you anything. I hate to sound cliche but if I told why I'm searching for this lady, I would have to kill you," he said without any humour. "Last chance, tell me where she is."

Avery's eyebrow quirked up at the way he spoke to her. At the gall of him to come to her home and threaten her life, and the life of her guest. Avery dropped all pretense of friendliness, and stood with her feet shoulder width apart, her wings flaring. She didn't want to hurt this man, but she didn't know if she would have a choice.

"I have never seen her before. Now leave," she warned, taking in a deep breath, readying herself to let loose a sonic call.

COMMANDER STONE

The sound of voices roused her from her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes blinking away the sunlight and lingering sleep as she stretched her long-toned legs. The blanket she was given the night before lay on the floor revealing her sun kissed tan legs and the light blue thong currently on her toned thighs. The sleep shirt she was wearing was bunched up exposing her mid-drift for anyone to see. Her hair was tousled and clumped giving her a scary bed head appearance as she cocked her head and listened to the voices outside.

She froze as she heard the beautiful ex super hero issue a warning. She rolled off the bed her small hand diving under the pillow to grab her glock. She crouched on the bed and reached underneath her patting the underside of the guest bed as she tried to find the silver suitcase she brought in last night before going to bed.

Her hands found the case and she sighed in relief. She carefully pulled it out throwing it onto the bed and putting the gun down. She keyed in the release code and with a hiss of steam the pressurized contents revealed themselves. She pulled out the skin-tight body suit first stopping long enough to pull off her shirt and bra. She slid the suit on and it molded itself to her frame like a second skin. The accents of the suit lit up with a faint blue as the suit activated.

Next was the gun which looked like something out a science fiction novel. She had only used it a few times since she stole it from the research base and wasn’t as good with it as she would have liked. Still she pushed the butt against her shoulder doing a few quick maneuvers with it to get a feel for the weapon. She toggled it onto the thunder setting and carefully stepped out of the room. She nodded at Siren coming into view of her but hanging back as they both waited for the man outside to make a move.

Rodger

Rodger saw her breathe and rightly guessed that she was preparing the use her sonic against him. He stopped the power coursing through his hand, raised his hands and saying, "All right, I'll leave."

As he saw her relax a little he released a burst of electricity which hit her in her chest. He didn't have time to build up the power, so it wouldn't even be enough to knock her out or even hurt her, but it did knock her off her feet and should give him enough to grab Stone and get the hell out of here.

Avery was just about to let loose a concussive call when she caught a flicker of movement in her house behind the shielded windows. It was Arianne! She was up and moving, dressed in some kind of suit and carrying a weapon that this man no doubt wanted.

Avery's eyes flicked back to the man just in time to see the electricity arcing towards her. She let out a groan as the crackling energy hit her chest and she fell back against the post of the verandah, winded. It felt like an actual physical blow, and the shock of it ached through her limbs as she wheezed and tried to catch her breath.

Avery looked up through bleary, throbbing eyes to see him turn from her, no doubt to go after Arianne. So she sucked in as deep a breath as her wheezing lungs could manage and let out a call. Injured as she was, it wouldn't stop him in his tracks, but she managed to hit just the right frequency that it should sweep him with a sense of nausea and vertigo. Hopefully just enough for Arianne to be able to work her tricks on him while she tried to recover enough breath for something more substantial.

Rodger

As he had turned from Avery, no, Siren, he felt a deep throb in his ears as her sonic wave hit him. It wasn't as strong as he had expected, but the constant headaches that came from his power made him very susceptible to such attacks. His head spun and he felt his stomach churn and he looked up just in time to see his target, Commander Stone, pointing a very high tech gun directly at him.

Raven

"Hmm.." Noncommittal sound came as she read over spread sheets, checking the cameras all around once more, and all at the press of her fingertips.

"You may want to loosen up a bit more than that, Red." She said without looking up, "That cap must go, untuck that blouse and leave buttons open at top AND bottom.. " She glance up at the pale legs and smile, "That's.." Her words halted, that bracelet caught her eye.

"Where did you get that?" Tablet sat on the couch once more, her eyes on the swinging little charms and the small Eiffel Tower with the emerald at the top. "Where?" Snapped out, because she well and good Jesse was dead.

Back