Decadents & Dropouts OOC

Mad Dog...what should I have him do. He's kind of on the sidelines until Trunfor puts that necklace on. Beyond simply being annoying and following along. But I do have a very interesting thing that happens when he does activate the pendant.

Would you like to know now? Or later when he uses it, as a surprise?

I was going to take over Trunfors body and store his consciousness in the stone....but figured that might count as god modding, lol.

Don't remove it, Phyliss will forgive you this time.
Surprisings are always fine, god-modding is forbidden (except something like "Xy moved along with them, as they left the city" etc)

Now here comes the big chance for our evil stalkers. (Only in the IC, not here). We have plenty to offer for the casual players: Haerdon, Blades, Mad Dog, the whole White Stag bunch... have I forgotten some?

I think that's all of them. At least all the established ones working on a plan, there's always room for a generic angry mob of peasants. I mean this is a medieval fantasy setting. Peasants can't go more than 2 days without using a torch and pitchfork on something.

Do you guys want me to handle recruiting another sailor for the boat? I don't have anything in mind, but I can certainly think of something if you'd like. On the off chance you were thinking I had plans for that dwarf chick, I'm sorry. She is just a generic NPC I just gave a name and description to since I was writing Z by himself for that stuff. Didn't want him to just be talking to "NPC_Dwarf" for several posts.

I would also say that the amulet idea is god modding, as it removes Avellan's ability to post for his own character. But if you guys are working it out together, you could have some fun with it. My idea would be not to have Trunfor just be stuck in the amulet, but possibly get stuck in some other receptacle where he could still post. Maybe a kitten, or a goat, or an animated object (like a chair). In my opinion it isn't "god modding" if both people agree to it and it doesn't rob either player of their ability to write their character.

Hmm, I really like the idea of him being a chair. I mean, you never know when you might need a chair and carrying one around is a pain. If we could have our own walking chair follow us around...think of the possibilities!*

*Possibilities like selling the magic chair for lots of gold.

Thee way I understood the amulet it is just a kind of supervision device, which is not god-modding. Mad Dog just knows what Tronfur knows, and can send him sublimal messages.

As for the sailor: bring him on! Phyliss (and I) are curious what Skandölf has to offer.

Well, like I said, I don't have any sailor ideas in mind. I can come up with one if you don't have another NPC to help with the boat. The problem is that "Z" doesn't plan on going with Phyliss and crew. I will end up getting him to go along, but that isn't something he is planning on. Since he is going to give the boat to Phyliss, he feels she should be the one to decide who to trust with piloting her boat.

I will still come up with another sailor if you want, though.

As soon as Z meets back up with everyone else I'll get a summary post done.

I would like you to present a second sailor. Phyliss is keen of Zahl (sic), but she is unsecure herself if he will go with them or not. Anyway, she is a much to nice person to throw anybody off board. (Most likely, at least.)

Alright, I'll take care of it. Zahn needs to find you guys first because he'll assume you have found two people. Then he'll likely ask Macaroy for suggestions on a sailor to help with the boat.

That shouldn't be a problem for him. On the other hand, you could just use Skandölf himself and let him come back with another sailor he found.

No...I think I will go with something more elaborate and unnecessary. Hehe. :D

Allright. So Skandölf will come back and explain that nobody wanted to hire after the incident in the sailors tavern.

I was meaning for my character Trunfor togo in the rew`s quarters. In many D&D ships, pirate ships, and historical ships, the captains cabin is located in the back of the ship on the top level.

I made it where my character didn`t want the captains cabin. He went to a small room.
Just saying that`s all.

So, that is the best I found for a cog:
http://www.de-touristik.de/bildung/hanse/index.html

Tronfur is now in nr. 7, captains cabin.

1: cargo hold
2: pantry
3:windlass
4: cable tier
5: galley
6: helmstand
7: captains cabin
8: half deck
9: big deck

That isn't what the ship I wrote about looks like. It is a cog fashion ship, but I tried to describe how it looks. It has no cabins, no quarters, nothing fancy. Please refer to this post for how I described the ship.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=37114295&postcount=1443

I even asked here in the OOC if anyone had any questions or comments about the ship I described. Went so far as to post a picture of the closest thing I could find.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=37124402&postcount=212

If you don't like what I wrote, fine, but I don't really like having gone through all the trouble to design and describe your boat just for it to be ignored and invalidated.

Last edited:
Hm, I try to figure it out.
If I get your description right, it has no cabin (means no captain cabin as well), so we can delete that. I think the rest of it should work well, maybe except for the galey?
Edit: Ok, only one mast in the middle. Wheel instead of leaver. Cutting of nr. 7 and 8 on the plan. If I could draw I would make a plan, but I think with this editions it gets close to your description.

Last edited:
Wait.. if the ship has no crew quarters or captains cabin then what do our characters do for sleeping? Storing personal property? I`m just wondering so I know how to us it when in character.

In the IC, lets just say my character sets up residence in a small supply room or storage area that he refers to as his room. He`s a half-fiend so he has an unusual nature and is use to sleeping in odd places.

I think that will be the interesting part in the plot when they will decide who will sleep where... As there aren't that many people, we should be able to solve that.

And now for my naughty, but non-nautic mind, once again checking description and pictures:

We have a very simply cog without cabins.
There is a simply, large storage space in the belly. (Would refer 1, 2 and 3 on the plan.)
There is one simple deck. (Would be 6, 9, 5 4 on the plan.)
There is one elevated aft on the back, where the weel is. (Would be 7 and 8 on the plan, but not a cabin, but an open platform with the wheel for steering.)
There are four more rudders, operated from the deck (so 6, 9,5, 4).

Does everybody agree? Did I got it right now?

Last edited:
The best way to describe it might be to think of it like this.
|
|
Wheel_ ~ ~ ~ ~ |<-------------Mast
|_\____Deck_________/
|_\___Cargo Hold___/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Yes, that is fine.
1. Aft and wheel.
2. Deck
3. Cargo hold.

So Tronfur has found a quarter on 3, in the cargo room.

Alright...so, I guess I didn't make it clear. There is no personal space on this ship. You have a big open above deck, and big open cargo hold that is only 6 feet from floor to ceiling. If you want privacy, you hang up a sheet or curtain or something around your little area. You aren't sailing across an ocean, it is a boat that travels up and down river.

This ship has only 3 doors. 1 door is to the short stairway that you take to get from the deck to the cargo hold. The other 2 are trap doors in the deck, so cargo can be lowered in to the hold.

You weren't going to get a big fancy pirate ship or anything. Z is not made of money, and anything bigger or fancier than that would not be capable of traveling a river. Also anything bigger than that would require a full crew of NPCs to make it work. I really don't see any of our characters being that picky or stuck up about personal space.

*EDIT*
Dang, didn't see your last post Belinda until after mine was up.

Last edited:
My idea was that this would simply be a transportation device for now, and something more suitable for long term living might come up later. If you wanted to do the "living on the river" thing, that is. I still vote for abandoned fortress or keep or something not on water.

I am sorry if I didn't adequately describe the boat or confused things by giving it a less than accurate type. I did describe options for rigging in the cargo hold, so there would be lots of places to tie a sheet a hammock or just securely tie down your belongings. As long as you have rope. Which you should, as it is part of the basic adventurer's kit.

Along with the 10 foot pole. Those things are very useful.

That is no problem at all. If Phyliss arrives, she will move to the cargo space, and the others will sleep on the deck or the aft. We will sort that out later im IC.

Back