CrashD - older, beat and battered, but still trying to hang in there

10-sau-ZVTM.jpg

So, fell Friday night. Broke 4 ribs. Doing pretty well

Not happy about it. 👿

I e reached a new high - or low? - in beat in battered. I had surgery on Jan 15. Nothing huge but 3 hrs, general anesthesia. My progress was a little slow, but I came home at noon on the 16th day. Feeling fine. Normal activities with a cane. Barely needed that.

That evening at 7 I was in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. At 10 pm I was in Flight for Life to the original hospital

While showering at home, I felt a horrible pain in my leg. I couldn’t get out of the shower. My wife called a couple of people to help. They couldn’t come - good thing as it turns out.

She called 911 , they stayed on the phone with her while the ambulance was on the way.

When only a few minutes out, the skin on my leg burst open, blood spraying everywhere. They instructed us to wrap the leg in towels and apply pressure. My wife did most of that.

The paramedics put on tourniquets that were excruciating. The r 2 hrs sitting at the first hospital were torture. I truly thought I was dying.

The helicopter flight was kind of interesting. When I got to surgery they told my family it would be 3-4 hrs. The surgeon called them in 30 minutes. It was an easy fix of a serious problem.

I sure my wife and I are scarred for life.

I e reached a new high - or low? - in beat in battered. I had surgery on Jan 15. Nothing huge but 3 hrs, general anesthesia. My progress was a little slow, but I came home at noon on the 16th day. Feeling fine. Normal activities with a cane. Barely needed that.

That evening at 7 I was in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. At 10 pm I was in Flight for Life to the original hospital

While showering at home, I felt a horrible pain in my leg. I couldn’t get out of the shower. My wife called a couple of people to help. They couldn’t come - good thing as it turns out.

She called 911 , they stayed on the phone with her while the ambulance was on the way.

When only a few minutes out, the skin on my leg burst open, blood spraying everywhere. They instructed us to wrap the leg in towels and apply pressure. My wife did most of that.

The paramedics put on tourniquets that were excruciating. The r 2 hrs sitting at the first hospital were torture. I truly thought I was dying.

The helicopter flight was kind of interesting. When I got to surgery they told my family it would be 3-4 hrs. The surgeon called them in 30 minutes. It was an easy fix of a serious problem.

I sure my wife and I are scarred for life.
I'm glad it was an easy fix, crash, but DAMN! :oops: :heart:🫂🫂🫂🫂

Back