Could non-citizens decide the November election?

Non-citizens aren't the issue. If you have two driver's licenses with two addresses, you can vote multiple times.

Fuck you, idiot. If somebody else started a thread about this, I didn't see it, obviously. And who in the hell are you calling a wingnut? This is an important story, moron.

No, this is not an important story, any more than every other frantic attempt to block democracy by the republicans is an important story...

There is not any empirical evidence of wide spread voter fraud in federal elections other than at the hands of the republicans in Florida.

The amount of actual fraudulent votes cast by non-citizens is nil... as in non-existent. If you're lucky, you may be able to find one or two examples of it... but there is absolutely not evidence of any amount of it that would sway an election.

You're putting up straw men, and if you don't know it, you're a fool.

Non-citizens aren't the issue. If you have two driver's licenses with two addresses, you can vote multiple times.

Yeah, all you'd need to do is drive between two states on election day... Any evidence of people doing that?

Didn't think so.

No, this is not an important story, any more than every other frantic attempt to block democracy by the republicans is an important story...

There is not any empirical evidence of wide spread voter fraud in federal elections other than at the hands of the republicans in Florida.

The amount of actual fraudulent votes cast by non-citizens is nil... as in non-existent. If you're lucky, you may be able to find one or two examples of it... but there is absolutely not evidence of any amount of it that would sway an election.

Not really a fool....just a hysterical member of the RWCJ.

IMO even if citizens get out voted by "non-citizens" then oh fucking well...guess the citizens didn't want to keep it...because the citizenry of this country doesn't vote for fuck anyhow. And when they do 96% or some shit pull the left or the right handle because that's the side grampy told them to vote for....

Apparently you didn't bother to read the WaPo article so you would know what is being discussed.

IMO even if citizens get out voted by "non-citizens" then oh fucking well...guess the citizens didn't want to keep it...because the citizenry of this country doesn't vote for fuck anyhow. And when they do 96% or some shit pull the left or the right handle because that's the side grampy told them to vote for....

Moron.

The OP has said he doesn't vote, since neither party is to the right enough for him... so he's pretty much the problem.

Absentee ballots.

I haven't seen any credible evidence of wide-spread fraud with absentee ballots...

Have you?

Last I checked, it was still a felony to commit voter fraud... I'm not exactly sure where the motivation would lie. But hey, anything to beat the war drums.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the WaPo article so you would know what is being discussed.
I read it. The article makes it clear that there is no information about how many non-citizens actually voted.

The OP has said he doesn't vote, since neither party is to the right enough for him... so he's pretty much the problem.

Wrong again. Totally wrong, on both counts. Where you guys come up with this shit I have no idea. You obviously just like talking out of your asses, with absolutely no facts to back you up. No matter how many times you are shown to be wrong, you just keep coming back with the same nonsense.

Actually, most illegals are Caucasian, but hey... get your klan card punched.

Nobody can possibly be as stupid as you appear to be. Most illegals are not Caucasian, dumbass. Do you think most Mexicans are Caucasian, moron?

Not a bad point. Voting in this country is an embarrassment. It is because of turnout that elections are in range to be stolen.

I read a piece yesterday that the Al Frankin margin of error victory (which turned out to be fraud) would be also reversed by a decent margin if illegals assumed statistically to have voted did not.

A good point that the article raised is that you hardly ever see perjury convictions. Doesn't mean people do not lie.

There is decent statistical sampling about voting by non-citizens. No one asks, "Hey are you a non-citizen and did you vote? Polls that have been taken of the general population do enable you to aggregate out that information when the poll addresses voting and happens to include a question on citizenship.

Given motor voter and get out the vote drive in areas with large concentrations of illegals it is silly to suggest it does not happen in significant numbers.

I am not a fan of defacto citizenship because it tends to encourage more migration of unskilled labor and we have plenty of that. However, when someone lives, works, and raises a family in a community, having them vote on those community issues seems reasonable.

Does my national vote getting watered down by the votes of illegals in sanctuary cities seem reasonable?

Perhaps Republican should start sending flotillas south of Florida and establish Cuban, Chinese, and Eastern European sanctuary cities.

Last edited:
Wrong again. Totally wrong, on both counts. Where you guys come up with this shit I have no idea. You obviously just like talking out of your asses, with absolutely no facts to back you up. No matter how many times you are shown to be wrong, you just keep coming back with the same nonsense.

You never directly come out and say it, you just insinuate, suggest and support RW hysteria at every turn.

Sorry...when you look, talk and smell like the RWCJ....you're part of the RWCJ now matter how much "Nu uhh!! I'm 'Independent" you put up.

You never directly come out and say it, you just insinuate, suggest and support RW hysteria at every turn.

Sorry...when you look, talk and smell like the RWCJ....you're part of the RWCJ now matter how much "Nu uhh!! I'm 'Independent" you put up.

You obviously cannot read the English language with comprehension. No one who has read my posts could possibly believe I'm a right winger. Nobody with a brain.

Data pulled from the CCES (http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/cces/home shows that:

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

They go on to use numbers of 11,000,000 known illegal residents. I am pretty sure that number is closer to 20,000,000.

If Democrats and their apologists here want to argue that "Hey, they are here and we think it is OK for them to vote," it would at least be an honest point of debate.

Insisting it never happens in any significant numbers is laughable.

2.2% using the mid term election figure means somewhere between 250-500K fraudulent votes.

6.4% in the 2008 election means 700K to well over a million.

On a national level those numbers are significant. Concentrate those voters in areas with a large illegal population and it becomes more so.

The same people that argue 1/2 of a degree of warming and a centimeter of sea rise is "significant" and these number are not and you are left with the inescapable conclusion that they either cannot understand statistics and numbers or do not want to.

Back