Conversation around "Asians, Desi, and other ethnicities" - and the online erotic/kink/whatever this is community

Brave Maximus

Returned White Knight
Good morning!

So, anyone who's been around here for a while, knows I post about looking for an Asian or Desi girl to talk with. This invariably ends with me explaining why, how no, it's not a fetish - I just grew up with a lot of Asian and Desi friends, etc.
And I get it... there are a lot of people out there who fetishize these groups... it's why we don't see a lot of public traction on threads like this. It's just not worth it for women (and men) of these ethnicities to put themselves out in public like that. Which sucks. But I've had a lot of friends on here tell me that when they post, they're flooded with DM's for months - most of them unpleasant.

But I also realized that... I'm not being completely... "honest" (not sure if that's the right word, but I'll run with it).

Asian is a big term - and using it is a bit of a disservice - but it's also an easier blanket (which is not always a good thing). Desi is also a comfortable blanket term.... but also inaccurate, and both do help to foster fetishization (followed by the "here's why it's not... for me comments).

So, for me: I grew up with Japanese, South Korean and Chinese friends. Particularly Hong Kong, and Southern Coastal China. Though I have, in the past few years, met a lot of good friends from Northern China of a few different ethnic groups. I've also learned a lot about why that matters. I know a bit about the history and culture of Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Laos. I've also been very lucky to have a lot of Filipino friends who... honestly keep me fed really well :D
But that leaves a ton of ethnic and cultural groups that I know very very little about - but fall under the "Asian" blanket... and I feel I'm being a bit disingenuous when I make that group statement. Am I interested in meeting people from these areas and groups? Sure... but in as much as I would for someone from most European countries that I know very little about (I always love meeting people, talking with them, learning... I'm an anthropologist for a reason).

Same goes for Desi women. Most of my friends/partners have come from Southern India, Goa, Mumbai region, and the Punjab. There's a LOT more out there.

So, this thread is two fold:

1: Still looking to chat with/flirt with/whatever with Women from these areas - I've explained it many times.

But also

2: If you look at sites like this, fet, etc... The lumping in of "Asian" or "Desi" or even "Black" or "Latina" - there tends to be a lot of... lack of knowledge from the out group (lets face it, usually horny white guys...), and a lot of... other issues for the in groups. Legitimately, Watching anime or K-Dramas does not prepare you to... survive a Pinay.

I'd love to see some discussion/thoughts on this... if anyone's interested.
Also, if you don't want to post publicly and want to chat - but nothing else, shoot me a message... Honestly, I love talking with people more than almost anything else.

I have indeed survived a Pinay and I am going to see her again soon for three wonderful weeks!

Why is it that everyone labels everyone else’s interests or desires as a fetish? If you are a white guy doing anything other than PIV sex with a white girl, it is labeled as a fetish. WTF!

I agree that no one wants to be treated as someone else’s science experiment. No one wants to be treated as an item on someone’s bucket list. BUT… a person can be interested in people from the rest of the world and want to learn and experience things from other cultures and their genuine interest should not be labeled as a fetish.

The problem is... that for some (more than you would guess) - it is a fetish. Go look at the Asian groups over on Fet... most of the guys have very little clue and are running off of stereotypes. I've known a lot of guys and girls who have these weird perceptions of "Asian" men and women... and again, it's not just one monolithic group... multiple cultures, traditions, mentalities... just from a group level... and then to expect people to not be individuals.

So, for guys like me... it makes it a bit harder - because we're either being judged because of them... or there just isn't anyone in the communities willing to take a risk... if they're around at all!

If anyone knows other sites?

I have indeed survived a Pinay and I am going to see her again soon for three wonderful weeks!

Why is it that everyone labels everyone else’s interests or desires as a fetish? If you are a white guy doing anything other than PIV sex with a white girl, it is labeled as a fetish. WTF!

I agree that no one wants to be treated as someone else’s science experiment. No one wants to be treated as an item on someone’s bucket list. BUT… a person can be interested in people from the rest of the world and want to learn and experience things from other cultures and their genuine interest should not be labeled as a fetish.
This isnt directed at you Escierto, I just wanted to contribute my 2 cents to some of the points. I would say it depends on how similar/dissimilar the interest or preference is and how fluid it is. If it's an individual thing or different from person to person I'm inclined to think that that is an individual preference specific to that individual. However, when large groups from the same demographic have the same supposed individual preference but all give the same reasons as to why they're interested in it, I can see that they're influenced. Plus the fact of change - as an example, I remember reading a statistic years and years ago when beards werent a trend that something like 17% of women said that they would ever be romantically attracted to someone with a beard. However, now that beards are a trend, that number is unlikely to be that low. Which shows that they didn't actually have a bias against beards as they thought, they were just living at a time when it wasn't fashionable. Same goes for tattoos and presumably the same for any other sexual preference or bias.

Back