Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

"I hope that it is simply an American ship with a foul tempered captain," Humphreys replied but as soon as he said that the lookout spotted that the frigate was running down the original ensign and running up the white flag and red George cross of England. If it indeed was her father than he was a spray and quick fellow to send out people this quickly, but that matter would be dicded afterwards.

As the Fusiliade turned and the enemy frigate turned to stern there was a rumbling and a blast of air sailed over their heads. It was a cannon shot. Looking at Lee the captain wanted to send her bleow decks for her safety but decided against it in the end. Turning to the coxwait, "Hard to starboard!"

"Hard to starboard, aye" was the response.

The two ships began to turn pointing the same direction, it was a slow process but eventually the Fusiliade's starbor was coming to bear and Humphrey's ordered those guns to be loaded and run out. Looking at Lee, "I suggest you get a brace of pistols. This is likely to get mighty hot," smiling to her and looking into those grey eyes.

Lee hoped to god she was wrong, but she had a feeling her father would not just let her go. She was the only child of him, looking down a bit as she placed her hand against her face. Just wanting to scream a little and let out all her frustrations. It was just to much to know you had a noose around your neck, and if he did come for her. She would not pray for a way to get away, she would break his neck. Slowly looking up watching as the ship shifted, the breeze striking the side of her face a bit.

But then heard what Humphrey's said and nodded a little bit to him, she did carry a couple on her waist and knew how to use them better then most. But seeing that smile on the captains face, made her actually smile in kind. Her heart in her throat as everything just seemed to strike her down all at once. Her stormy eyes looking back at the ship before them, and was ready for what was to come from all this. Smiling at him she sighed silently and rubbed the back of her neck which was tense.

"If my father comes to me, I will kill him" Lee said rather coldly.

Seeing the pistols tucked into her waistbelt Humphreys smiled a bit as the two sips continued to dance all the while closing their range. He also summoned for a pistol for himself that another officer gave after loading it himself. Now armed and ready the Captain continued to size up his opponent all the while keeping one eye on the horizon for the Dolphin and the other for any new arrivals. This enemy ship, from what he could see through the spy glass, was from the West Indies but he could not tell the name just yet and hoped that it was not what he and Lee were fearing that it was a mercenary ship either chartered by or captained by her father.

There was a plume of white smoke from the enemy ship followed two seconds later with a spalsh of water just off the starboard bow. They had taken their first shot and missed. In response Humphreys ordered the ship to be brought to bear with a broadside.

Keeping Lee close to him as the ship slowly began to pivot in the seas they watched the ship slowly slide into a midships when Mister Allen called out, "We have him, sir!"

"Starboard battery, fire!" Humphreys shouted as hard as he could.

Lee had no idea what was about to happen, she knew she just wished the ship would move faster and away from the situation. But knew that it was impossible, every once in a while she could see what Humphreys was doing. Seeing how calm he looked, but had a feeling he may have been scared deep down. Good captains always had to hide there distress rather it be fear or anger, though she could read him very well. She was not worried about what was to happen, all in all she was ready for anything.

But then she heard the enemy ship firing at them, she knew that was a big mistake on there part, all in all she just had a very bad feeling this was not going to end very well. Her heart was beating quickly, it was at the point where no one knew what was going to happen. She heard the captain give the order to fire. And she looked out, seeing that there shots actually hit the ship. A dog fight on a ship was not a fight you wanted to have. She just hoped that the enemy ship would react slower then them.

All in all everything was going good, but she was ready to be boarded since the enemy was close enough to start it, her storm eyes looked around to see if they had thrown any kind of rope. It would be easy to just cut off. Looking at Humphreys she smiled a little bit, placing her hand on his shoulder. She did not know if anyone knew about her relationship to him. But knew it was not their business. And if someone asked about it she would kick there asses, hopefully now everything was okay.

The ships traded shots but by the luck of the sea and the blessing of God their shots were terrible in that they went high into the rigging and the sails or into the water line, but not into the hull as the shots of the Fusiliade went right onto the weather deck. Thumping and roaring the cannons belched as fast as they could be reloaded. Mister Allen and Mister Tisdale were up and about shouting at the men to keep the fire going as they watched the effects of their fire. Slowly the two ships drew closer and the enemy fire slackened, they were ripe for boarding. As Lee put her hand on the captain's shoulder he smiled and said, "You'll be at my side. We go for the captain's cabin."

Examining his pistol as the crew took up their grappling hooks and then their blunderbusses and swivel guns the two ships were right along side as the enemy crew appeared on deck brandishing their swords, dirks, and pistols and the discharges resumed.

Throwing their lines over the ship Humphreys stood on the rail with Lee right beside her, "For the prize, men!" and shouted as he climbed over. As soon as his boots touched the ripped up deck Humphreys had to shoot one man as he lunged for him with a dirk and watched him drop then turned to find the passages to the cabin. Lee was along side, slashing in wide arcs at the filthy white shirts of the enemy crew, pushing her way through. Grasping her hand and pulling her along the two made for the door to find a man standing before him with a pistol in each hand and a sinister grin on his face. His clothes were ragged and torn and his feet bare and sleaked black hair pulled into the back with a ponytail. I wasn't familiar with him, but this man was certainly no captain.

Lee did not know what to think any more she watched the men battling at their stations. It scared the crap out of her. Lee had no idea what was going to happen, but looking at Humphreys and gave him a little nod showing she was ready. Her heart was beating so fast, and it was rather hard to keep herself together. Looking down as she closed her eyes, allowing herself the opportunity to try and calm herself before things got even more heated. But she felt that she was ready about this and smiled a bit.

Slowly looking up she cracked her neck and nodded again showing she was ready, she did not care what was going to happen. But they would not go peacefully, they will fight and they will die if they had to. Though Lee did hope that she would not see any of his men getting hurt, or even worse. Watching what the men were doing, boarding the ship the old fashioned way. Smiling a little as they had that moment to be observant. And it was a rather rare and unique thing to see for once.

When the time came both Humphreys and herself were able to board the ship, though this would not be a very easy fight. She had never really been in this kind of combat, sure she was in one battle but it was nothing compared to this. She pushed through people, killing any man who got in her way. But of course made sure that the men who were in front of her were not their own men. Since that would be rather bad, her heart pounding as everything just seemed to slow down, until they reached the captains cabin.

Looking around she noticed the man, cocking her head to the side. He was no captain but she had seen him before, she had her hand rested on a pistol and looked around with her eyes in the cabin. Something was rather off here, looking at the man she gave him a rather weak smile. But a smile just the same. "Who are you sir you look familiar to me" Lee said simply, not hiding the fact she was a woman. Though really it would have been impossible to hide the fact she was a girl for any longer.

"You" the man roared above the chaos around them, "You are the one?!" saying with both anger and surprise. Possessing two pistols he pointed the one in his right hand towards the captain whom immediately batted it aside with a flick of his sword but the man retracked his pistol and held it still at his side. Still having two shots and only two of them it was becoming a stand off.

"Emma? You must be Emma" the man spoke. It surprised Humphreys for a moment. He had grown accustomed to calling her by Lee that he had forgotten her real name.

"Will you surrender, sir?" the captain said holding his sword at the port position and his left hand clutching his pistol. Behind them the two crews were battling it around the cannons and pushing and punching. There was no attempt to hold anything back. Some were even biting one another, eye gouging and one poor enemy was thrown over the side after being bashed in the face by the hilt of a cutlass.

"No!" the stranger sneered in defiance.

"Surrender!" Humphreys insisted taking another step closer to him. He did not know him but the way he called out Lee then he must know her. Perhaps her father did in fact hire men to get her back. If he didn't stand down then the captain would have no choice but to run him through.

Lee was surprised in a way that her father did all this to get her back, but then he called her by her first name and shook her head. "No I am not Emma, Emma died the day my father killed my mother so no Emma Lee is dead!" She yelled and pushed away she did not know how much more and thought for a moment. And realized she knew who he was, looking at him she growled a little bit, wanting to strangle the son of a bitch. Cracking her neck as she began to think about things that happened.

Looking at Humphreys and shook her head "He wont surrender, I know who this man is well the name escapes me. But he is a harsh man he once cut out his own brothers tongue, my father knows some of the most sick and cruel men ever its rather a shame. My father will never give me back, but he will keep following captain. Perhaps it would be best if I left your company, it is the only way I could ever protect you" Lee never wanted to leave Humphreys and it was easy to see the pain her suggestion caused her.

She loved him more then life itself, he was her savior and now he had no idea what to think any more, all in all everything was just not so simple. She wanted to be his everything, wanted to maybe be his wife one day in the distant future. To perhaps have a couple children, and grow old and die in each others loving embrace. Looking back at the man she sighed, looking at the man knowing her fathers dirty secret about him this man and her father were actual brothers, and the way she looked at the man it was easy to tell the relationship they had.

"The only way you leave is wrapped in your hammock and dumped over the side," the captain replied. Letting her go would mean leaving her to a grissley fate. If what she says of this man is true then I doubted she would survive the journey back let alone meeting her father again.

Before the two could debate any further of the matter the burley man lunged forth with his right hand pistol, already cocked, but when the hammer fell there was nothing.

Batting the pistol aside with the flat of his sword Humphreys reached out with his free arm and pushed Lee behind him.

The man aimed his second pistol and the hammer fell. The spark from the flint ignited the powder in the frizzen and the pistol shot off, but Humphreys twisted his body away just then and felt the spray of powder and the crack that it went high over his head.

Around them the two crews were still slugging it out but the enemy crew was being pushed below deck. The deck was slippery with blood and debris.

"Come at me," the man laughed and Humphreys obligued by taking a giant step forward and stabbing with brute force.

Lee was unsure what the hell was going on, but she watched as Humphreys seemed to know what he was doing. Which was a very good thing, then again he was a captain. She knew stupid people could not control and take lead. But everything in her was really pissing her off and knew all to well she would die then have her father even look at her again. Everything around her was spinning right out of control. But something in her snapped, as Humphreys protected her and almost got hit because of her.

"Enough!" She screamed so loud and high pitched glass started to break around her. She had more power in her then anyone even Lee knew. She had her eyes closed but as she slowly moved her head facing the mans way. She slowly opened up her eyes and gave a determined look, this man was hers and he was a dead man. Quickly looking around the room with just her eyes, she cracked her neck and decided she knew what she had to do. Unafraid of what could go wrong she began to act.

She quickly ran towards the man and did a back flip right onto his desk, then lunged at the wall closest to the man and bounced off it with her foot as she had a dagger in her hand plunging it into the mans shoulder in a way that would make his arm useless for a short time. She landed in front of him low she was nealt down but still on her feet. "NO one is taking me back, if you will not release me then I have no choice I will kill you. My freedom for your head!" She growled standing up straight her pistol pointing at him.

Lee was full of so much energy and rage that Humphreys did not want to step in as he watched her sail through the air with the dash of a cannonball as she began to pummel this man. Knocked inside of his cabin and sprawled upon the floor with blood seeping from his nose and eyes Lee landed several blows to his face, there was the sickening crack of bones breaking and then came the spit of blood and then a couple of teeth.

Walking into the cabin and closing the door behind to give them a chance to be alone Humphreys said, "Don't kill him. Not yet" he insisted. To have him ended now would deny them a chance for some information.

"Her father sent you?" Humphreys replied, "How much did he pay you?" The man did not respond at first so Lee insisted on an answer by slamming a boot right into his crouch. Letting out a blood curtling scream he sneered, "I'll kill you, whore!" Lee was not shaken by this an could only smile. Walking closer to his feet Humphreys said again, "How much?"

"Ten thousand pound Sterling" he coughed out.

"I thought we clean him out," Humphreys smiled at her, "A man like you woulnd't get everything up front. So, where is the down payment?"

"Go to the devil" he spat. Humphreys was not impressed. As Lee went to work in dealing with this man the captain went around the cabin looking. Ten thousand pounds was not easy to hide but he wouldn't trust all of this with his crew as they would immediately run in the next port. There was no promisary note or a single coin but it had to be here somehwere.

"Do you yield, sir?" Humphreys said firmly.

"I yeild to you, sir" the man spat, "But to this woman-this WHORE!" Another kick to the face quieted the man.

"Lee, i'm going to search for it. Do with this man as you please," taking the man's pistols and sword to remove any weapons from his grasp. The fight on deck had died down with it going below. It was heated in the dark, cramped interior with men lunged and slashing as cavemen, but then came shouting that the ship had surrendered.

"The ship is ours!" Mister Tisadale began shouting. From on deck and below there was the cheer of "Hurrah! Hurrah!" as the word spread that the ship had capitulated with the orginal ensign being run down and then replaced in a inverteted position to signal that it had surrendered.

Lee was beyond upset, she had a bad side to her that was covered up with fake smiles. She was the girl who had no friends, the girl who had everything but didn't have anything. She may have had the clothing and other goodies for her, but there was no love within her father. She was more of a pain in the ass, that much she knew. They would fight almost every damn day, which was part of the reason she left. But then sometimes she could see her mother hanging, dangling into the nothingness of the wind.

Her mother was to young to die, she was only twenty five and her mother died when she was about five. Lee found her and it was something that haunted her dreams sometimes, wishing to god that she could have seen it coming. Sure she was a kid but she wasn't dumb, she knew how to listen. But her mother covered up her emotions very well, looking into the mans eyes she could see memories in his pupils which was weird. But she could see all the wrong that her father had done before she left.

She heard what was asked of her so she stopped beating him up, but a kick to the crouch was something that had to be done. To get him to tell them everything he knew, and hearing how much her father gave him. She realized how bad she wanted him, but Lee could give a rats ass. She was going to stay with the man she loved now. He loved her and she loved him, and nothing anyone can do to stop them to hurt them. They are a powerful force that no one should ever have to go against.

She had no idea what to do with him, since she knew he was her responsibility to be done with him. Grabbing his throat as she had a gun pointed to his hand and chocking him with one hand, pinching him where he was gagging for air. But pushed him away she smacked him in the head with the butt of her gun, and she fired two shots. The bullets going into each let, tumbling down and screaming like he was terrified as someone. Her stormy eyes slowly getting lighter, as she cracked her neck.

"Well do me a favor then, I will leave you alive. But you are to go back to my father and tell him I will never be with him again, he never loved me the way he should have. And if he comes after me or some of his shady connections. I will not hesitate for a second, I will kill who ever is after me." She smacked him again in the head and watched him fall, passed out. Her job was done here and she was far from happy. Walking out on the deck she smiled at everyone and stood by Humphreys side.

"The ship is ours" he smiled seeing Lee emerged unscathed. The man was still alive, but this ship was not going to be turned back over to him, instead, what was left of the crew was going to be put on the launch and told to row to the shore that was only a few miles away and they would have to walk their way back to her father. That would take time, plenty of time for them to get to Boston and blend in.

"Mister Tisdale, send launch the whale boat, put some provisions on it and get these people off this ship" Humphreys said.

"Aye aye, sir," the man responded and took several men with him to carry out the order. On deck the the Fusiliade crew were collecting the weapons and cleaning up the deck with the prisoners being rounded up. The dead were being prepared for burial as well. During the entire battle there were only eight wounded Fusiliers and five dead and twelve wounded from the enemy ship that was identified as the Hardy Man a coverted commercial ship.

Lee did not kill the man, but Humphreys looked at her with a slight smile on her lips. She was such a troubled soul but she did not have the will or the evil to kill people systematically. Wrapping an arom around her shoulder and drawing her close he whispered, "You did a fine job."

Lee did want to kill the man but there would be no point in doing it, especially now. She needed to send a warning to her father. She heard what he said and nodded a little bit, she was tired and with all this crap. She just wanted to be in a hot tub with her captain under her, making love to him in a bath. Enjoying the warm water to help with the tension she had in her shoulders and neck mostly. Silently sighing as she looked around. Seeing that they did not lose any men, at least from what she could tell.

But then hearing the ship was there's she just nodded, and knew that the ship was mostly Humphreys's and the crews but not hers. Since she was still trying to pull her own weight here, unsure if she was doing a good job or not. She heard Humphrey when he said he would give the living crew and captain some supplies and a ship. She watched as they were slowly lowered down and watched as the ship departed further. Her stormy eyes looking out at the ship until soon they were nothing more then a dot.

But feeling an arm around her broke her out of her thoughts and looked over smiling, seeing Humphrey holding onto her. She nodded when Humphrey made a nice comment about her doing what she did. "Not everyone has to be killed, though I did want that man dead. But I gave him orders to tell my father if he or anyone else comes for me. I will not hesitate to kill him or anyone else dad sends for me. But I did make a small incision in both of his arms, it will make it where he wont be able to use the sword any more"

She had said to him perhaps she was cold for doing it but shrugged. "We had a surgeon friend before he was killed in a pirates raid. He taught me a lot about first aid and even talked about being a surgeon. I learned a lot from that man, I can stitch an enjoy and can handle infections. But both of his hands are now useless because of the incision. He will be able to live of course just not have the strength to pull the trigger of a pistol or even use a sword, will be to much. Perhaps I am heartless?" She asked him.

"You're not heartless," he smiled to her as they walked towards the wheel of the captured ship to give them a bit of privacy as the crew labored to get this vessel ready to travel. They were close to Boston and now they wanted to make all due speed to reach them before another ship came along. The man Lee quarrelled with was brought out, his arms were bandaged with dirty rags where Lee had cut him, the arms hung lip at his side with his head hung low in shame. He dared not to look at them as the whale boat was pushed out and lowered into the sea. Provisions were given and the crew were crammed onboard and shoved off. Good riddance, the entire vessel was there's including the bounty of what was in the hold.

"You're not heartless," Humphreys said still holding an arm around her shoulder and pulling her close ntil they were nearly cheek to cheek, "If you were heartless then you would have killed that man. Letting him go, you showed mercy. That would be more than what I would have done." We have maybe a day before we're in Boston with this good wind and then, we can have a place all to ourselves," giving a teasing smile. He knew the smell coming from his body was foul, so it was for Lee, a good bath would do them some good, but that had to be done by hand. The water had to be boiled and poured, but with the Sterling they could afford some luxuries. Giving Lee a rub on her back Humphreys siad, "You did a damn fine job out there. I say you were mis born. You would have made a fine sailor."

Lee had hurt the man badly and knew he would never be able to fight, but perhaps she should not have done that. Looking at the man, the moment she looked into his eyes. Regret could be seen in Lee's eyes as she looked down, words crawled into her head saying she was wicked and cruel. She forced the tears in her eyes to never fall. To pick her head up high, but there was a point to where the wickedness had to stop some place. Watching them go she heard people around her cheering that they got a ship.

Hearing Humphreys words meant everything to her, but deep down it felt wrong. But that was the rule of the sea, to be able to cast aside everything. When he said she was mis born perhaps he was correct. She never felt like she belonged any where, and here she felt free. Perhaps because on the sea there was some freedom, but right now there was nothing she wanted more then to live with Humphreys and maybe raise a family. Closing her eyes as the cheers died down after a little while.

"You say I am not cruel but perhaps death would have been easier fate for him, it is like I took a bird and cut off its wings where he will slowly die from anything. Death would have been easier, some do not think about the consequences. But I always think before I strike, and perhaps this is a lesson in itself. Life is cruel father taught me that, but he also taught me a lot about life. My mother I watched her hang herself but I did nothing but stare. I want freedom Humphrey's but will I honestly get it?"

He listened to her explain her thoughts at the wheel. It was troubling to say the least as the whale boat was slowly pulling away and the crew went to work cleaning the ship. When she was finished he cupped both hands behind his back and said, calmly, "I know it is difficult. Life is, yes, but you can be free. That's why many of us take to the seas. Out here, no one can bother us, well, most of the time. We can do as we please, go where we like and go into any harbor that would accept us, mostly if we have coin." Giving a teasing smile. "But as for your mother. I cannot fathom why such a fate would befall here and you have my deepest sympathies, but you must not let that trouble you. Your father, such as he is, is a dark man and if he does love you then he'll let you go, eventually, and until that eventually comes I will be there."

As he was finishing Mister Tisdale approached, "Sir, the rigging has been replaced and the ship is ready to make sail. I say we have a good wind we can make Boston by sun up."

"Very good, mister Tisdale. Lee and I will venture back to the Fusiliade. You will command this ship until we reach Boston. Congratualtions, PRize Captain Tisdale" Humphreys laughed and shook his friend's hand. Tisdale was surprised but accepted the position.

As the two crossed back over to the Fusiliade Humphreys placed a hand on the small of Lee's back and asked, "To my cabin?"

Lee heard what he said and didn't know what to say, ever since she came aboard they had been attacked a few times. She didn't understand his way of thinking, and what even hurt but would not let on, is the spot that Tisdale was given. She realized that a woman had no place on a ship, looking down she started to become the ships whore though she only slept with the captain. She was hurt and felt betrayed and right now nothing seemed to matter about anything. She placed her hand on her hip.

"Yeah because lord knows a woman has no place on a ship" She said some what angry and marched past him. She worked her ass off yet no one seemed to give a shit, she went into his cabin but was silent and sitting by the window. Looking outside, she knew that if he set sail after Boston she would not go. She needed a place where she mattered and on here she didn't, she scoffed at the idea and just didn't say anything. All in all everything seemed to fall apart and knew next person after her.

Would Die.

"Sir, sir!" Mister Allen came over and asked as Humphreys and Lee were going down.

"Yes?"

"Sir, if you'll permit me, but I believe a promise was made to Mister Lee over the captain of the prize should it be taken."

Looking at Lee and then at Mister Allen and it began to click inside of his mind. Of course, there was the promise. "My sincere appologizes. I believe that in all of the excitement I plume forgotten that it was your ship. Come, we must correct this immediately."

Fortunately for their sake Mister Tisdale was waiting at the helm with a smug grin on his face. He knew this entire time and was merely waiting to see the captain come stumbling back trying to correct it. He turned over duties to Mister Lee. "The ship is yours, sir" the old man tipped his hat to him and had a confident smile on his face.

On deck the few men that were left to keep the ship operating were from the Fusiliade but when they saw that Lee was going to be their new captain until they reached port there was a rousing three cheers 'Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!"

"I am sorry for forgotting about that, but now we'll see whom will be able to reach port first," Humphreys replied with a wink.

She heard something going on and she peaked her head out and saw what was going on, hearing what was going on. And it was funny wondering if everyone thought she was still a boy, shrugging it off she walked outside and heard what he said, slowly walking out on the ship she would control till port. Running her fingers against the ship and smiled a little bit, sighing softly she heard the cheering and was surprised since no one knew her, thinking for a moment she looked at Humphreys and smiled.

"It's not a race Sir, but we can always try" She looked at the men and chuckled. "Alright boys let's see how fast she can fly, see if we can beat good old Captain Humphreys and if we win drinks are on me to the crew" She said hoping that would bolster there spirits and chuckled a little bit. She got to the helm and began to move the wheel a little bit since she knew the seas better then most but not as good as the captains who were born with sea water in there veins, she grinned a little.

Crossing over to the Fusiliade and seeing the defeated sailors row away in the whale boat Humphreys ordered that the ship be made to sail. Still there was still no sighting of the Dolphin, but Humphreys was not going to dawddle around here any longer. Pulling away the Fusiliade threw out the main sail and began to open the distance from Lee slowly as the wind continued to billow, expanded the stitching. Having given over thirty men to crew Lee's ship the Fusiliade still had enough to keep the ship mobile.

The weather was rough now because of the wind following the tail end of the hurricane, but that as the benifit for them as it pushed them across the water. Dropping the lead the midshipmen was able to time that they were going at a swift eleven knots. Looking a stern and to starboard there was the prize ship and Humphreys squinted hard to see if he was able to see Lee on deck, but eventually he had to use his glass in order to do so, even then it was difficult with the chop of the sea threw off his sight. He wondered what she was doing, but knew that his crew would not let him down. It was just going to be a short amount of time before they were in Boston and then they would have all the time in the world. With teh silver still in their hold and port so close his heart was racing slightly the closer they came. Every mile and every hour was being clocked telling the eager sailors that they were getting closer at the dark horizon.

Having Lee go over to the prize was difficult but that was the promise and she would be able to boast that she was the cpatin of a ship, at least for a short time being, but a captain none the less. He cared not that Lee was a woman, she was capable and in battle it mattered not that she was not a man, she could fight and do it well.

It felt so strange to be on her own ship, though she knew it wasn't for good. Just till they got to Boston, but she was ready for anything good to happen. Seeing the men working so hard, curious to see who knew he was a she. It was kinda nice to see how things worked, she knew she could do this just fine. Watching the love of her life work and what orders to say for certain situations, she honestly was content and not worried about a thing. Her hands on the wheel at the helm, she felt a power surge through her. But she did not crave power like a lot of people did, perhaps it was a male thing.

It was so easy to see what the ocean would be up to, the activity was something she always thought was interesting. To see what people do and how they react, but she knew to those who did not know Lee was a guy. She hoped that they would still be by her side and the captains, since it was rather important. Sighing softly as she looked over at Humphreys and was rather happy to see him on the other side so to speak. He controlled the crew like a well oiled machine it was nice.

"Keep the ship within sight," Humphreys replied to Mister Allen as he continued to watch the prize behind them as the wind continued to billow, pushing them across the slightly choppy ocean. Cresting with teh waves the men were lightly lifted off their feet and then came the drop that made the men on the masts fearful that they would be knocked off as they clung to the lines.

The coast was still in sight and there were a few buildings visible, however, it was not Boston. Mister Allen continued to carry about his business, calling up orders using his bullhorn as the captain continued to watch their prize. The whale boat they de[ployed was now a mere dot on teh horizon. Still they had not reached the shore, but even then, they were not going to make it to any people within a day or so which gave them time.

Retiring to his cabin Humphreys took off his belt and sat on his bed, the very same where he and Lee made love and couldn't help but smile and he ran a hand over the spot where their bodies were intermingled and there was the light hint of sweat and juices that hovered in the still air. Before laying back down and staring up at the white oak roof and seeing the bar connected to the wheel slightly swaying as the boxwain adjusted the ship. A day or so and they would be safe. His crew were a good bunch and Lee was capable. Just keep it together for a day and they will have years together.

Lee had no idea how this was going to go, so far the men seemed to be able to take charge. So she went into the cabin and sat on the bed, thinking about Humphreys and smiled. Thinking about the man made her really happy, it was to the point where right now everything was as it should be. Sighing softly as she did not know what to expect. She laid in bed, but because she was alone she felt rather lonely. Her stormy eyes looked outside her window, she drifted off into sleep to have an actual dream.

But before she knew it everything just seemed so simple, she was with him they were in a nice little house in Boston. She saw herself with a child in her arms, it was a little boy that looked maybe two or three. He looked just like Humphreys and knew that it was his child, and before she knew it she saw her hand in the dream. It had an engagement ring and a wedding band, she smiled on the outside. Her dream was nice, and Lee hoped that there was a part of her that would get this.

Waking up about three hours later, she got up and went on out to the deck, she saw what was going on. Right now things just seemed rather nice, everything she had ever seen in her life. Right now it was still, the storm seemed to have passed them. Though she had a feeling and looked over at the other ship. Wondering if he was able to get any sleep, she knew she couldn't. It was strange. She could sleep through anything, but when she was lonely it was something she could not shake.

As Humphreys retired to his bed for the night he was finding it difficult to sleep let alone dream. He tossed and turned for several hours and asked for a glass of wine to help settle his stomach discomfort from the bad food, but that didn't work until some time past midnight when exhaustion caught up and he collasped into his bed and inhaled the aroma of the sex from him and Lee.

He dreamed of what they could do with all those coins. The nightmare of seeing Lee being dragged away were gone, good riddance, however, there were many dreams that he could recall vidily in seeing his entire life change round in so many ways. with no sighting of the Dolphin or its crew there was much spectulation of their fate, but Humphreys did not let it bother him.

By six bells the captain was up and moving about. the sea was calm with a stiff breeze pushing them along. Coming up on deck and going to stern to see the prize ship still there about a hundred yards to starboard Humphreys smiled to himself in seeing that the new captain was performing well under the circumstances.

"Sir," Mister allen announced, "We see Boston just one point to larboard bow. It's close, sir" he was relaying the message from the crow's nest. There was Boston and many ships were coming and going. The great privateer harbor was waiting for them and now the crew were eager seeing them this close to being paid.

Back