Claymore and Dagger (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam could only chuckle, holding her a little tighter. "An' Rho thinks I'm becomin' the romantic."

Last edited:
"I never thought that I could be a romantic." Fiona said as he held her a little tighter with that deep rumbling laugh echoing through his chest. "But you've proved me wrong as well on that. I enjoy spending time with you. I think about you when you're not around. It's like you've taken over every piece of me."

"Just don' let me ruin yer individuality, lass. Otherwise y'wouldn't be much fun anymore." Sam offed her a handsome smile before pressing a proper kiss to her lips.

Fiona smiled at that comment, sighing as Sam kissed her properly. She knew that he was joking. He would never find anyone else out there like her in all of his years and she would never find another man as stubborn as Samuel Ghis. She was thankful that he hadn't given up on her and that she were not in jail at that very moment.

Fiona reached up and gently touched Sam's cheek, pulling him a little bit closer. Her blue eyes were closed, soaking in the moment and enjoying the love that this man had to share with her.

For all the disdain he'd harbored for love and romance in all his life, Sam enjoyed every moment of it with Fiona. Kissing her was a much-needed release and relaxer for the stubborn lawman. When their lips parted, he spoke without even thinking about it, "I love you." He surprised even himself with how easy it was to say.

Fiona's eyes opened at those words, looking into his green gaze with a slow smile. Hearing those words did her heart a world of good. She had needed to hear those words for so long that they were unfamiliar but very welcome.

"And I love you." She tried, the words unfamiliar on her own lips. "Don't tell anyone I said that."

"Promise." Sam assured her with a lovestruck grin before stealing another kiss. Having never pursued love so far, it was a thrill to say the least.

Fiona laughed softly as Sam promised to keep her love a secret, sighing as he stole another kiss. She felt giddy and light, her soul healing piece by piece as Sam showered her with love and attention. Her fingers curled into his short cut hair, pulling him further into the kiss.

Without a single worry or care, Sam was all too happy to spend the rest of the morning with Fiona, conversation silenced now and then by a kiss as he let his heart open up to her. When the bell in town tolled noon, Sam finally glanced up at the sky to see the sun at its peak. "Damn," he sighed. "I 'ave t'go. New recruits t'train. I'm already late." He knew Ciaran would ask questions. Sam was never late for anything unless there was an emergency.

"Tell him it was an emergency." Fiona said as he said that he had to go. "I suppose I have to go speak to Justin's mother about that job. We can see if any good can come from that."

"Ciaran'll know. My family always does." When she mentioned Justin's mother, Sam offered a smile. "Gonari's a tough ol' lady an' 'er business means almost as much t'her as Justin. Her mate, Tristan, started it up before 'e died fighting for Inverness before it was taken by Wick. Durban knows 'em pretty well."

"So, you're saying that I shouldn't be my normal sarcastic and stubborn self?" Fiona asked with a grin as Roman bounded up to them like an excited puppy.

"She migh' like it," Sam shrugged before rising and helping her stand. Kennah came to his side and he met her with a pat. "Ready fer work, love?" He asked her as she nuzzled her head into his hands.

"And we're heading off for work, beastie." Fiona said as Roman rumbled and nudged her with his broad forehead. "And then a turn in the loch before we head back to the stables."

Sam climbed up on Kennah's saddle, and she trotted toward the cliff ledge without waiting for Roman, backing up until she could begin to climb down. It was slower going down, but still far faster than running around and taking the road.

Fiona followed behind on Roman, the drake going over the cliff face without a hesitation. It was a thrill to be doing something with Sam that was out of the ordinary.

Roman reached the bottom and slipped easily down the last few feet, landing on all fours with a glance to Kennah, but she wasn't paying attention. If there was ever a lovestruck drake, it was Roman.

The two raced back toward town, Kennah keeping a steady pace while Roman tried to show off.

Roman would dash ahead and turn to watch, waiting until Kennah passed him before he continued onward. Fiona laughed at his antics, encouraging him onward in his journey.

Once they reached town, Sam resumed his usual public self. He always carried himself tall, straight, and proud with the knowledge that he carried a part of his family's reputation on his shoulders. He took that responsibility just as seriously as his job, upholding his own title as Inverness' future Lord Protector. Rho was planning on appointing him to the station the very same day as his coronation. It was an immense weight, but one that Sam carried beautifully, and there was a general consensus among all the Invernessian territory that he was the right fit for it from the Ghis family. It would have belonged to Kell if Kate had not been chosen as the late King Gale's successor, so Sam was intent on living up to Kell's own reputation all across Scotland.

Arriving at Justin's shop, Sam pulled Kennah to a halt, looking back to offer a smile to Fiona. "Do you want me to wait for you?"

"Do you want to wait for me?" Fiona asked as Sam pulled Kennah to a stop in front of the shop. "You said that you were already late. I wouldn't want to make you even later."

"I've been on time without fail, 'cept fer emergencies fer the past thirteen years. They can stand t'wait. Besides, it'll teach th'newbies some patience." He slipped down from his saddle. "Maybe I can bother Justin fer a gift fer Ma while y'talk t'Gonari."

"Well, I suppose you can stay then." Fiona said with a chuckle as she snuck a kiss against his cheek before she led the way into the shop. "Good afternoon, Justin."

"Fiona. I was wondering if you'd ever show up." Justin stepped around the counter with a smile, leaving behind a small design he was working on. "Chela should be in the back. She's supposed to be retired, but she insists on still working." The two lived in the Erygonian village, but they also had a small home in the back of the shop with a kitchen and spare bedroom for whenever they had a large order and stayed overnight to work.

"I'll introduce you," Justin welcomed Fiona to follow, leading her to the back workroom. "Chela," he spoke up as they entered. "This is Fiona Blackstone, the woman I told you about. Fiona, this is my mother Gonari."

The old woman was lean and tall like Justin, rather thin, and her fur was the same red brown as Justin tinged heavily with grey. She wasn't even fifty years old, but a lifetime of hard work and struggling to make ends meet until her people settled in Inverness bad made her old before her time. Still, there was a grace and power to her movements as she rose and stood straight and tall. Her dark amber eyes were hard and calculating as she looked upon Fiona for the first time. Her clothes were a show of her skill and personality, the sewing perfect and the fabric hardy but comfortable in muted colors and with tiny, intricate designs around the hem, cuffs, and collar. There were no dresses for this woman while working. She preferred the simplicity of a tunic and a simple, long skirt with a belt for her supplies and tools.

"Come with me," she spoke in a soft but extremely sure and authoritative voice.

Justin leaned down to kiss his mother's cheek as she passed, earning one in return. And before Fiona went, Justin whispered to her, "She sounds tough, but she's just serious about her business. Don't let her scare you before you get to see how soft she really is."

"Dont give away my secrets, cub," Gonari called as she rounded the corner into the little kitchen.

Fiona followed Justin as he took her back into the shop to meet with his mother. She glanced behind her briefly to Sam, a little worried that she might not get this job. She had always loved sewing and she had made many of her own dresses but they were all for utility. She had never done anything truly fancy in her life, never having had the money to do that. Perhaps it was something that she could learn over time.

The wolf that greeted them was kind looking, Justin's coloring but slightly grey. She did her best to remain respectful, so incredibly nervous that things might not work out. She followed Gonari into the kitchen are of the shop, Justin's warning on her ears.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to at least talk with you about this." Fiona said softly.

"I could hardly say no to at least meeting you when Justin told me who you were," Gonari reasoned, taking a heated kettle from the fireplace. "I asked around about you and Hara insisted you were the sweetest thing even if she didn't get to work with you for long." She poured tea for the both of them before taking a seat at the table and welcoming Fiona to do the same. "And little Heather and Ashelin believe you're some sort of angel. But I think the opinions I relied most heavily on were Sam and Invah."

Taking a sip from her mug, she added, "I never asked them directly. But I think I can safely assume that a lawman like Sam and a Guardian like Invah keeping company with you must make you quite a decent person regardless of your past."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back