Change name of a published story

Nightmare13

Virgin
How do I change the name of a published story? I forgot to check if another story had the same title. We have the same except that I wrote the name of chapter 1 in my first story... Thank you!

Try your question in the Author's Hangout. The people there are pretty knowledgeable, and they seem to relish dealing with issues like this one. I'm not sure how to do it myself, but you might have to publish the new version and, after that, delete the old one. You would have to start from the beginning with views, votes, and so forth.

I'm not sure it's a huge problem, especially if your story is not in the same category as the other one. If it is, or becomes a problem, then you'd just need to do an edit on the one you posted. Mention in the note section the reason for the edit.

I'm going through this right now. I had written a series of stories around a family with a hot tub, but didn't designate them as stories of a series at the time. Last week, I asked the moderators to retitle the stories as chapters, i.e. "Hot Tub Ch. 01: Service Girl" to replace the title "Hot Tub Service Girl," and so on with the succeeding stories. There's been no change yet, but I'm hoping that I will be able to do this, since it will make the chronological sequence of the stories much clearer to readers. I hope that the category headings, ratings, and comments for each story will be retained just as they are.

Back