Category Question

Before, after, and during. The asteroids are like those guys who run up to someone on the street while wanking and spray them.
I'm going to reuse a gif.

bunnies-what.gif

Funny you mention that, because most of my EV stories lean heavy on the Exhibition side, although there also has to be a voyeur to view it, right?

The one story I wrote that leaned more heavily towards the voyeur side, telling it from his viewpoint, did well, but looking back at it, slightly off from my others.

So there may be something to that.
This is helpful. Looking back I feel like my story (only have one I am working on so far) could have easily started in EV as well. A few parts later I am not sure where it would best fit in now, but the feedback between you and @HordHolm give me ideas on a different story brewing in my head. I appreciate it.

The crowd in the mature category has been very nice to me.
In your experience, is there an age that you have to pass to deem a character "mature" for this category? Seems to me that this mostly deals with age gap, or am I wrong about that and that is just what I have gravitated to in my reading? LOL

I think of a person who is 40+ as mature. Opinions may vary. I'm in my fifties and I run hot and cold on the whole maturity idea. :giggle: I can drop some hard-won wisdom on my sons and then turn around and watch Bugs Bunny.

I do write with an age gap, though I'm not big into the 18-year-olds that are common in the category. My male characters are usually 26-30, self-supporting individuals. The women are usually 40-50. also self-supporting by either a hefty divorce settlement or their own successful careers. I've been told by readers that my characters seem very relatable.

I would not say though that an age gap is necessary. A couple, 40+ who are now empty nesters and take a vacation and have a sexual adventure would fit into the category perfectly. But, if the couple were to partake in any sort of non-monogamy I would put the story into other categories (GS/LW) regardless of age. Simply to put the work in front of the target audience.

Far as Mature in my ficverse goes, Methos is a good friend of Doug Ramsay. So are other people from the Highlander stories. I’m a fan of Katherine McPhee also, and my parents have a 12 year age gap. I once had a mentor in police work named Phelps who was married to a much older woman. He was a good friend. But I’m unsure how I want to approach that category at this time. Maybe with an original immortal from the Highlander ‘verse? Or would that go in Fanfic?

I go into Non Human, the story will definitely involve a certain seemingly asexual genie observing humanity and trying to understand attraction the way our species displays it. That story is too much of a mess to describe further right now.

Interracial will involve a black female and an Arabian female teaming up to “Pool Hustle” a man whose race I haven’t chosen yet. In both the game room and the bedroom. Still outlining that one, it’s an alternate for the Pink Orchid event.

Back