California to impose a medi-Cal individual mandate to pay for HC for illegals

Provide healthcare to our own citizens and secure the damn border. It's your money
as well as mine that is providing healthcare for people that don't belong here. You want to pay the bill then you "PAY IT", I have enough of my own bills. Why can't people understand we have a 22 trillion dollar debt.
You're already paying for their "healthcare". Seems people would want to pay less for it.

Same old song and dance.

You either are too stupid to breathe OR you intentionally fail to comprehend what is obvious to almost everyone else on the planet.

Or, IOW, the same old song and dance.
And yet you can't provide any evidence what I said is incorrect. On either topic.

Apparently you've never heard of hospital-run clinics for the poor.
Just one problem with those
Many Wake Forest Baptist Health patient care locations are considered part of the hospital even if they are located miles away from the main hospital campus. These clinics are called hospital-based outpatient clinics. Because they must follow stricter government rules, hospital-based outpatient clinics are more complex and more costly to operate than a private physician office. When you see a physician or receive services in a hospital-based outpatient clinic, you are being treated within the hospital rather than the physician’s office.
Maybe Wake Forest is an outlier, but I doubt it.

You're already paying for their "healthcare". Seems people would want to pay less for it.

So, it would be a common sense approach to control borders and not expand the cost. We could start by eliminating ( stop the flow ) those who don't contribute to its cost.

Emergency rooms are required to treat anyone who comes in, regardless of ability to pay.
Preventative care is always cheaper than emergency care.
Care in a doctor's office is always cheaper than treatment in an emergency room.

Read the USC subsections I just posted and tell me where it says anything like that in regard to illegal aliens.

Or seems people would just rather not.

I guess that concept is too advanced for the leftist. :rolleyes:

The problem is that they have to redefine the words they've been using for years now.

The mantra for O-care is that it's supposed to give ACCESS to HC for those who can't afford it.

Yet, there it is in black and white that the economically disadvantaged HAVE ALWAYS HAD "access" to HC.

Now that the big lie is revealed, what the D's want to try to say to deflect from the big lie, is that the "access" is "too expensive". So, in order to reduce the price for the economically disadvantaged, we need to increase the taxes on everyone else. Which has the tendency to drive UP the costs of HC for EVERYONE, including the economically disadvantaged.

And of course when this is pointed out, what you get is the same old song and dance... they're right, everyone else is wrong, and that the proof they're offering up to support their big lie doesn't violate the laws of the universe, math, or science.

The problem is that they have to redefine the words they've been using for years now.

They have to :D

Personally I've been waiting for a state to do something.

Shit the (D)'s in CA need to go all the way with it so we can all see how fuckin' awesome a state with free everything for anyone who shows up, all paid for of course by California tax payers, will function.

The (D)'s are doing a bang up job so far. :cool:

Last edited:
So, it would be a common sense approach to control borders and not expand the cost. We could start by eliminating ( stop the flow ) those who don't contribute to its cost.
Oh, I see, you're under the impression they don't pay income tax when they're working for a business.

Or seems people would just rather not.
Well, of course some people like paying more for things, like HisArpy and others who think paying more makes something better, but most people prefer to pay less. Or at least I would hope they do. I hope the majority of people aren't that stupid.

Read the USC subsections I just posted and tell me where it says anything like that in regard to illegal aliens.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I just made a statement about the costs of treating people in an emergency room vs the cost of preventative care in a doctors office.
Your quote doesn't mention anything about healthcare.
Though I'm surprised you didn't bring it up when Trump announced he was going to send illegal aliens to sanctuary cities, the exact places they want to go. That obviously entices people to sneak across the border, a free ride from the government to where they want to go.

Yet, there it is in black and white that the economically disadvantaged HAVE ALWAYS HAD "access" to HC.
Quote where I've ever said they couldn't visit ER's?

But trust you to "parse words" to prove a point I wasn't making and ignore the core argument. Of course, paying less is "stupid" and the "worst" thing to do, so I'm not surprised you go off on some tangent so you don't look like an idiot again.

I actually think that a tax on all remittances to foreign nations is a good idea. It's race and citizenship neutral too.
Because it's not like the transfer of remittances couldn't be done secretly.
rolleye0012.gif

There are no secrets in international wire transfers.

You can smuggle cash, but there are risks involved to do that. There are informal Western Union style "bankers" who will accept money here and distribute it in the home country, but they also charge a fee.

I suppose one could mail cash to Mexico and the like. If 5% is lost, then that's a de facto fee.

Bitcoin.

Also, if the tax is minor, then it'll have little effect and be of little benefit, and if it's great, people will try harder to find ways around it.

It'd be easier to smuggle than drugs.

Oh, I see, you're under the impression they don't pay income tax when they're working for a business.

Well, of course some people like paying more for things, like HisArpy and others who think paying more makes something better, but most people prefer to pay less. Or at least I would hope they do. I hope the majority of people aren't that stupid.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I just made a statement about the costs of treating people in an emergency room vs the cost of preventative care in a doctors office.
Your quote doesn't mention anything about healthcare.
Though I'm surprised you didn't bring it up when Trump announced he was going to send illegal aliens to sanctuary cities, the exact places they want to go. That obviously entices people to sneak across the border, a free ride from the government to where they want to go.

Quote where I've ever said they couldn't visit ER's?

But trust you to "parse words" to prove a point I wasn't making and ignore the core argument. Of course, paying less is "stupid" and the "worst" thing to do, so I'm not surprised you go off on some tangent so you don't look like an idiot again.

We can't quantify who's paying income tax, we don't have a clue as to how many illegals are here. We also don't have a handle on terrorist or drug activity. If they don't have a green card or some other authority ( visa ) they're working under the table. If businesses are hiring illegals then they should be prosecuted.

We can't quantify who's paying income tax, we don't have a clue as to how many illegals are here. We also don't have a handle on terrorist or drug activity. If they don't have a green card or some other authority ( visa ) they're working under the table. If businesses are hiring illegals then they should be prosecuted.
It's well documented that many use fake SSN's, or SSN's that aren't their's, hence they are paying income tax.

Let me clarify.

A lot of people would rather not pay for other peoples shit.

Everyone pays for their own shit, what a novel idea!! :)

Because it's not like the transfer of remittances couldn't be done secretly.
rolleye0012.gif

Illegal.

I suppose one could mail cash to Mexico and the like. If 5% is lost, then that's a de facto fee.

Bitcoin.

Also, if the tax is minor, then it'll have little effect and be of little benefit, and if it's great, people will try harder to find ways around it.

It'd be easier to smuggle than drugs.

Illegal.

You do know you've twice advocated seriously illegal activity don't you?

Where's your railing against the requirement that ER's treat anyone who comes in?

Wait, isn't that "access"? I thought you said I was "parsing words" when I mentioned that getting treatment regardless of your ability to pay is "access".

Now it's a problem that can only be rectified by raising my taxes so that the illegal aliens, whom the ER can't turn away, can get the HC they're already getting?

You need to get your talking points ironed out; they're full of wrinkles and look unsightly in the daylight.

Last edited:
Where's your railing against the requirement that ER's treat anyone who comes in?

All over threads of the past.

I've not supported Reagan care, ever.

I think it was beyond foolish and explicitly condemned it since I came to lit and continue to do so.

Last edited:
It's well documented that many use fake SSN's, or SSN's that aren't their's, hence they are paying income tax.

Using a social security number does not mean that you are in fact paying taxes. Using such identity theft techniques frequently they've actually scammed refunds. Nothing to stop them from filing exempt and not paying taxes why would you pay taxes on a social security number that is not yours when you could simply discard it next tax season start a new one.

The one reason though that they do actually file taxes is because in that income bracket you can get the federal government to send you money there by paying A- tax or in other words being paid by Uncle Sam for using a phony social security number

Back