California Bar Slaps Trump Lawyer John Eastman with 11 Disciplinary Charges for ‘False’ Election Fraud Statements

There are obvious limits to a lawyer's free speech in the courtroom, but outside in public a lawyer would have all of the rights to free speech that anyone else has except speech that might be in violation of an attorney's Rules Of Professional Conduct or the rulings regarding such in the findings of the SCOTUS; after all, as an attorney, he/she has accepted the fact of being officers of the court and are therefore their conduct and speech is constrained by the court. The left has decided to persecute lawyers who represented Trump because they had the gall to represent Trump. They did nothing more than what Al Gore's attorneys did in the 2000 election battle.

The thing is outside the courtroom and off the job are two different things and I'm not sure a lawyer is ever truly off the job. The exact same way that Trump can't just Truth Social whatever the hell he wants because he's not in the courtroom.

We'll see how it shakes down. I don't care about this guy one way or the other. I only really care about Trump. Jr, Kushner, Eric and Ivanka can walk for all I care. They'll go back to being rich one way or the other but their harm will be limited to the child labor in China (or Mexico or India since lots of businesses are leaving China) and while I hate it I think we've collectively accepted that sweatshops are a thing.

Yesterday judge said he wants Eastman disbarred in Cali. 👏
She.

"State Bar Court of California Judge Yvette Roland’s recommendation, issued Wednesday, now goes to the California Supreme Court for a final ruling on whether he should be disbarred. Eastman can appeal the top court’s decision."

https://apnews.com/article/john-eastman-donald-trump-2020-election-0041abb4a644638d916f3b5ad9006bdf

We're three years in and still no final determination. These things take too long.

My understanding was Eastman's disbarment was approved?
No. Past one more step, recommended.

Still has to go to the CA Supremes.

The problem the State bar is facing is that they're trying to punish someone for doing his job. In order to do that they're blowing smoke and insinuating character flaws rather than sticking with the facts.

I don't know whether truth and logic will prevail under the current political winds. Either way, the State bar loses.
Either way? I'd say the People of California win if his license to practice law is removed. If it fails, the people lose, and another nutcase continues to foster idiotic claims. Well, perhaps he continues to do so without a legal license to practice law in California. Perhaps he could move to Florida and acquire one.

Blow smoke up the wrong asshole as a cure for Trump's derangement, will get you in the end - poetic justice served.

Either way? I'd say the People of California win if his license to practice law is removed. If it fails, the people lose, and another nutcase continues to foster idiotic claims. Well, perhaps he continues to do so without a legal license to practice law in California. Perhaps he could move to Florida and acquire one.

Blow smoke up the wrong asshole as a cure for Trump's derangement, will get you in the end - poetic justice served.

How do they "win" by depriving someone of making a living?

Damn! It’s really hard to take “papers” from a lawyer !

Teacher credentials? That’s easy!

But like most professions? You just move to another state be you a cop. a teacher(?), a lawyer. a doctor or what have you, even a priest!! Why!!??

Isn't Commiefornia part of Mexico now......it is according to "the klan with a tan" (La Reconquista)

Manafort gave campaign information to Russia. He was convicted for the money he made from it it and was pardoned. (Edited to clarify charges)
Which in and of itself was not illegal.

The public wins when unethical attorneys are disbarred. Eastman can find another job doing something else.
Most of the minions denying Trump now have gone the book-writing route. If someone isn't suing them, that might be an option for Eastman.

Then again, if Truman miraculously got elected by a fair and constitutionally held election, he could rehire Eastman as his watchman for the DOJ dismantling he promised.☺️

Turn out the vote! Make sure Truman doesn't get back into office.

How do they "win" by depriving someone of making a living?
Says one 'shark' defending another.

Knowingly lying in a court isn't a necktie a lawyer should be proud of wearing. It besmirches the legal bar, as low as it is in Trump's realm at this point.

Says one 'shark' defending another.

Knowingly lying in a court isn't a necktie a lawyer should be proud of wearing. It besmirches the legal bar, as low as it is in Trump's realm at this point.

Shifting definitions is the hallmark of the tyrant.

The public wins when unethical attorneys are disbarred. Eastman can find another job doing something else.

Political ideology has reared it's ugly head and is being used to punish those who have only done what they were hired to do. Before Eastman represented Trump he was never under suspicion because what he was doing was LEGAL and ETHICAL.

It is only after he represented Trump that it became unethical. That you support that change on that basis only shows that your biases are prevalent in how you view the world.

That the State Bar also supports that change indicates how much their biases have overcome the rule of law.

Before Eastman represented Trump he was never under suspicion

Before an individual with no criminal history commits their first crime, and before there is evidence of a crime, they’re “never under suspicion”…

Hope that ^ helps, Derpy.

👍

👉 Derpy 🤣

🇺🇸

Shifting definitions is the hallmark of the tyrant.
Be still my heart! You're talking about Donald J. Trump Sr. in such an out-of-the-blue declaration like this! It's amazing that you have crossed over and accepted what nearly everyone has recognized in this forum for years.

Congratulations! ;):p

Political ideology has reared it's ugly head and is being used to punish those who have only done what they were hired to do. Before Eastman represented Trump he was never under suspicion because what he was doing was LEGAL and ETHICAL.

It is only after he represented Trump that it became unethical. That you support that change on that basis only shows that your biases are prevalent in how you view the world.

That the State Bar also supports that change indicates how much their biases have overcome the rule of law.
It sucks, doesn't it? Knowing your take on this is 100% wrong. Shows that there is a justice system that follows through on crime.

This is not political ideology punishing someone who Trump hired. Eastman's action on behalf of Trump feeds off of Trump's venomous attacks on democracy. Eastman hatched outlandish plots on his behalf. Eastman himself acknowledged that what he proposed was without merit. What he did was judged illegal, and he faced those accusations accordingly. Now, he faces disbarment as well.

Your belief system is highly warped and myopic. It's not bias; it's appropriate action for inappropriate acts that Eastman knowingly knew were wrong and committed anyway.

Back