Bummer

Mastered_again

Another Wordy Bitch
Tonight's free concert in town has been canceled. Inconsiderate rain!
Local band doing 60's and 70's tunes.
I was really looking forward to singing along off key to the best of my abilities.

Mrs. "Can't carry a tue in a bucket" M

On the brighter side, I don't have to hustle getting dinner together and get work on getting my post count up.

Besides, on Saturday, we'll be at the Jersey Shore for an all day jazz and blues fest. Looking forward to that "ocean as background" view with fireworks to end the day

Is this the Bummer thread? I've rented a large, historic house for next week on the Chesapeake Bay, bringing in my children and grandchildren and a couple of other close relatives to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary. Our son has just let us know that the youngest granddaughter has tested positive for covid and has been in contact with our other granddaughter, which knocks them out--and my son may have to beg off to take care of them. So, bummer that the vacation week is unraveling at the last minute.

Is this the Bummer thread? I've rented a large, historic house for next week on the Chesapeake Bay, bringing in my children and grandchildren and a couple of other close relatives to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary. Our son has just let us know that the youngest granddaughter has tested positive for covid and has been in contact with our other granddaughter, which knocks them out--and my son may have to beg off to take care of them. So, bummer that the vacation week is unraveling at the last minute.
Regardless, your 55th is worth celebrating. Congratulations!!!

Bummer here was more of a Beemer - 20+ years of driving and never hit another car, but one jumped out at me in a car park today.

Obviously it was brand new, shiny, with expensive paint and a vanity plate, so that's going to be an insurance claim and whack up my premiums. My car, I'm not sure there's any damage at all because there's enough scrapes on the back already...

Regardless, your 55th is worth celebrating. Congratulations!!!
Thanks. I've been rehabbing real hard since the onset of medical problems in May to be able to make it to this vacation. It will be ironic if I'm about the only one who shows up to rattle around in a seven-bedroom house on the water that was built when George Washington was president.

I was really looking forward to singing along off key to the best of my abilities.

Same here..Not sure if it would have been 60 and 70s...

Well, if we're bitching...I had to give my three day ticket to the HP Lovecraft film festival in Providence last weekend away because the new medication they have my wife on is hitting her hard and I wasn't going to leave her alone.

An interesting tidbit seeing this is Lit, the event was held at the Columbus theatre which for years was an infamous adult theatre. It was closed for a long time then someone bought it, did an amazing job refurbing it, and its been doing well with events like this.

Hopefully they replaced all the seats

Thanks. I've been rehabbing real hard since the onset of medical problems in May to be able to make it to this vacation. It will be ironic if I'm about the only one who shows up to rattle around in a seven-bedroom house on the water that was built when George Washington was president.
Congratulations on 55 years together, and your recovery!

Congratulations on 55 years together, and your recovery!
Thanks. What I have (inoperable abscesses in the back) has little chance of being recoverable, although it isn't terminal. I'll mostly have limited mobility and constant low-level pain from here on out. I have a four-hour drive (including through Washington, D.C.) tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

Excuse me? What did I do? And I can too carry a tune in a bucket 😳

😜

Thanks. What I have (inoperable abscesses in the back) has little chance of being recoverable, although it isn't terminal. I'll mostly have limited mobility and constant low-level pain from here on out. I have a four-hour drive (including through Washington, D.C.) tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
Make stops along the way. It'll help.

Make stops along the way. It'll help.
Of course I'll make stops on the way. I have had the stops (most of the way. Two-thirds of the route what I regularly use to go up to Delaware and Pennsylvania) mapped out for years. I've had other health problems long before this one. *smile*

A friend of mine stole me some facebook pics of what looks like my sons first dance and probably girlfriend. Been feeling some sort of way since then.

Jumping on the bummer train. The real world woes have been piling on lately and it’s been murderous to my desire to write, it's been hard to shake the anxiety and irritation. I'm so grateful to have met some amazing people here on the forum though, especially since I'm a regular recluse out in the real world, it's been so nice to have some silver lining when feeling like I want to pull my hair out. 😁

I hope some of you guys have found some positivity when faced with a storm cloud overhead as well... can't rain all the time y'know?

Jumping on the bummer train. The real world woes have been piling on lately and it’s been murderous to my desire to write, it's been hard to shake the anxiety and irritation. I'm so grateful to have met some amazing people here on the forum though, especially since I'm a regular recluse out in the real world, it's been so nice to have some silver lining when feeling like I want to pull my hair out. 😁

I hope some of you guys have found some positivity when faced with a storm cloud overhead as well... can't rain all the time y'know?
It always rains here, the amount just changes.

And now a bummer for balance:

I haven't been looking at the date for probably a week now, intentionally but for some stupid reason I looked today It's the day my best friend died 21 years ago.

I normally call his friend today and have flowers sent and we talk to him and I didn't do that this year because his friend asked me not to.

I went from a super high to low in about ten seconds.

🫂 Losing people is the fucking worse, I hope you take some time for yourself today.

Back