Author contact form not working

I tested the author contact form as an anonymous user and found that messages are not getting sent to my author email account. I even tried changing author accounts from Gmail to Comcast Mail but my test messages were never delivered.

Is this a known bug, something wrong with my profile, or something else?
Thanks!

I have tested that in the past. Found that if messages come at all, they are many days after the fact. There have been other threads on same subject, general sense is that feature does not work well if at all.

The feedback feature does work, but there can be delays. I've tested into my own email account, and the longest delay I saw was twelve hours.

Remember, though, every server a message goes through that can block or delay. Getting out of Lit is only the first step, so the problem could be somewhere else.

Make sure your profile allows anonymous feedback - you can block it in your own settings.

As an author, I don't understand why people send anonymous feedback - why not just leave a comment?

Update: While the author's page contact form does have problems, sending feedback on a particular story does work, so there's a work-around for the issue. Thanks for everyone's help!

Update: While the author's page contact form does have problems, sending feedback on a particular story does work, so there's a work-around for the issue. Thanks for everyone's help!
When you send feedback on a particular story, that's a Comment. That's not the same as contacting the author via the Contact tab on their author's page. They're two different things.

If you leave an anonymous Comment there's always a delay before it appears under the story, because it goes through a screening process to identify spam.

Also, authors can block both Comments and Feedback - if they've blocked Comments, there won't be a Comments box under the story. If they've blocked Feedback, you'll get a pop-up saying your feedback can't be sent. You might be encountering that.

Back