As The Hospital Pervs-- It's Overtime Time

i hear that robert frost did his best work with messy bed head. :)

great video, janey. :rose:

Thank you! I'm exhausted but I will pass the exam.
I won't stop till I'm ready to pass.
And if I can describe ICU/CCU pathos and intervention in a way the world can understand-- than I know, I know it myself.

Does that make sense?

I have been blasting through :heart: cardiology like a blizzard.
I told the cardiologist about my studying, he validated my understanding, and then he said: It's just a pump, don't worry. :heart:

I still have content to get through: cardiomyopathy, MI, EKG, medication, and invasive hemodynamic monitoring.

My approach going forward is going to be less detailed, except for the well known test content which is medication, parameters, wave form analysis, ACLS, rhythm, EKG and vessels associated with MI as located on the EKG and the complication of each vessel occlusion.

This weekend I spent the all free study time memorizing valve dysfunction. I think I wasted too much time. And I don't want to get confused because the purpose of this exam is to test the knowledge we already know.

I am working a lot this next week, and apparently there will be snow. I don't know how much. I won't have much study time but I will study on my patients paying more attention to heart sounds and rhythms and I will bring some flash cards. I am trying to get all the nurses on my unit to study with me, and those that have already passed I am finding out how hard the exam truly is. I know one nurse that failed it.

Today also starts a new rotation of residents. The last rotation was great and my second favorite third year sat back and watched the show.

Is this why I am still single? My voice is not usually exaggerated, I am just all ramped up like I got some joules. There is a lot of repeat concepts. I have to slow down. I am also up for employee of the year, no doubt for my energy. I didn't vote for myself! I thought that would be weird.

s1 s2

Fast Review

Questions

http://youtu.be/PGjHbDFvpmI

its an absolute mystery to me why you're single, you're smart funny and hella cute.

there's n o t h i n g wrong with your voice, janey

its an absolute mystery to me why you're single, you're smart funny and hella cute.

there's n o t h i n g wrong with your voice, janey

Thank you! I'm usually a soft speaker, but it seems content passion speaks with force. I'm studying like crazy and I love it.

I just had a patient that matched a clinical question. I asked the cardiologist, repeated my knowledge and next intervention- I got it right!!

I can't book study today, but I can clinically study.

I won't stop.

I need a Respiratory Therapist! Help me perverse RTs in house.

Airway pressure release ventilation-- APRV also known as...

BiVENT

Two thumbs up.

:nana:
aw thanks, I prefer my soft voice, but sometimes speaking firmly makes my brain remember, what I need to remember.

I got home from work late last night, not only was the oncoming shift not happy with their assignments and lack of a 'free charge' nurse-- the assigned experienced charge didn't want to take unit report. After a long discussion about multiple complaints I found someone to take report. It's really funny because the nurse that took report is always eager to be in charge. She's a newer nurse, and they always want the experience and status. The veteran nurses never want to be charge, especially with a patient assignment. Some things I can't control-- if there isn't a nurse available on schedule to be free without an assignment to take charge, team leader-- I can't control that. And you know-- when that happens to me, when the table is turned, I take report and figure it out.

I also had one patient and it took a long time to sign out because the patient is sick, they are all sick, but when I type sick, I mean ICU sick, a high acuity.

After that I got to my car and realized that the trucks packed me in and I didn't have a shovel. I busted my way out and got home.

This is some wet heavy ice snow-- I couldn't even shovel at the house, the plow packed the ice bricks this morning in front of my driveway. I had to bust through that so I could pull my Father's truck up to the back door from the back yard.

I am done with the outside for the rest of the day. I am in my pajamas and will study till I want a short sleep. I will make videos, take practice questions, learn and understand.

ARDS

ARDS--

The feeling of understanding is a big high, where is a RT lover for me?
There has to be a respiratory therapist around here for me. :heart:

Whoah! This is some serious stuff. (You have the most amazing eyes! When you are wearing your mask, that is where the focus is. Let us see you flutter your eyelashes!)

Six Minutes.

Whoah! This is some serious stuff. (You have the most amazing eyes! When you are wearing your mask, that is where the focus is. Let us see you flutter your eyelashes!)

And I just walked in while the patient was bradycardia suddenly and asked with my quiet voice: I guess I should get the code cart?

Aystole-- And then when I watched this RN jump up on the bed, kneeling while doing chest compressions delivering high quality CPR, I pushed in the epinephrine-- and then with return of circulation I thought to myself: what the fuck is going on around here? Pulse-Bradycardia.

And the Surgeon says: Everyone keep quiet. Give the Atropine.
And the Surgeon says: Keep bagging the patient. Oxygen is free.

I will be back to book work and fluttering eyelashes on Friday Cardiology-- I could mimic atrial flutter with my eyes! :heart:

Doc Martin (PBS tv show from UK ) comes up with unexpected and unusual uses for known medicines, when faced with a deadly serious situation.
Reminds me of the old American tv series, House. Doc Martin seems to have absorbed and stored everything essential to keeping a person alive.
He is brutally efficient. Restart the heart, and remedy the situation. I watched him stab the man in the neck to facilitate an effective injection.

Doc Martin (PBS tv show from UK ) comes up with unexpected and unusual uses for known medicines, when faced with a deadly serious situation.
Reminds me of the old American tv series, House. Doc Martin seems to have absorbed and stored everything essential to keeping a person alive.
He is brutally efficient. Restart the heart, and remedy the situation. I watched him stab the man in the neck to facilitate an effective injection.
I would like to have a television show to watch, I will look for this one. It sounds funny.

I am not sure I want to go back today-- I blasted all my energy for 12 hours. I was on a real high adrenaline rampage.

The thing about nursing is nurses. You can't keep secrets, what you say to one nurse will be told to another nurse who will tell the next nurse. It's called Code Drama!

Anyway, I am going back to my sick patient today-- a medical mystery. Where is Dr. House? Where is Dr. Martin?

I kept saying to the Residents yesterday: My patient is sick, what is wrong with my patient. All they could tell me is that "it's a bad pneumonia."

I am not purchasing that diagnosis: patient under 40, yes pneumonia, not septic by the numbers, bleeding in the lungs, large spleen, large liver, low grade fever. Daily wake up: neurologically intact. Came in with complaint of "not feeling good" was found to be in a rapid atrial fibrillation-- was cardioverted to a normal rhythm, but that is not the problem, I think that is secondary to something else.

All we can do is rule out TB-- and we wait for the cultures while supporting ventilatory status. It's pink creamy sputum, sometimes frothy.

I guess it's a combination of pneumonia and some cardiac related pulmonary edema. Maybe today I will get the answers. :confused:

RT: How do you spell your last name so I can document the critical ABG values CO2 is 80.
Me: Youloveme
RT: hahahahahahaha

Back