Art Café

It was an obvious and clever play on words, drawn directly from my previous comment in which I used the word dictated…but had already forgotten. That’s the pathetic part.
Forgotten what?

Ahahhahhahahaaaaa!

What's in your library?

Anyone have wonderful art books?
Wonderful prints?
ORIGINALS?

I have a few originals by artists who are unknown to everyone here.
I have maybe 2 of my own hung up (that woman doesn't have much interest in displaying mine(
I do have some prints too, Jean-Baptiste Monge, Tony DiTerlizzi, Jean-Léon Gérôme, William-Adolphe Bouguereau, a couple Wendy Froud sculpts...

I have to admit that there are one or two of my landscapes in my home. I trade artwork with other artists, so have some of their paintings, including a portrait of my dog. For prints, I have some well known Canadian artists . Lionel Feininger is one of my favorites. You might not think so, but I am much better
known as a landscape painter.

What's in your library?

Anyone have wonderful art books?
Wonderful prints?
ORIGINALS?

I have a few originals by artists who are unknown to everyone here.
I have maybe 2 of my own hung up (that woman doesn't have much interest in displaying mine(
I do have some prints too, Jean-Baptiste Monge, Tony DiTerlizzi, Jean-Léon Gérôme, William-Adolphe Bouguereau, a couple Wendy Froud sculpts...
I have 3 original oil paintings by Paul Kenton, including 1 I commissioned specially, as well as an original Kenton painting. They are all hanging in my study, where I also have a signed and limited edition print by David Rees, called “Serenity”.

In my front sitting room I have 6 signed, limited edition paintings by Bob Dylan that I have collected from his various collections over the years.

The back sitting room has two huge pieces by Paul Kenton (again). One of Paris and one of 5th Avenue in NYC.

Then there are other bits and pieces all over the place, including two Ralph Steadman prints that I love.

I am incredibly lucky.

(Photo of the David Rees piece attached)

Attachments

• Snapseed.jpeg
    Snapseed.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 6
I have quite a few art books... these are mostly art and books with illustrations I love... more shelves to the left and the right.
Over lap with many that @RamseyMacDonald mentioned.

Leonardo, Schiele (a favorite), Klimt (also), Mucha, Authur Rackham, Frazetta, Frank Cho, Adam Hughes, Hans Bellmer, Hokusai, Serpia, Milo Manara...

View attachment 2336040
Since your interests involve books, art and (I presume) fiction, seeing that you're here on Lit, I would recommend an interesting novel, Oil and Marble. Its about a presumed rivalry between DaVinci and Michaelangelo, based on the historical facts that they both created their greatest masterpieces while residing in Florence, and during the same time period. And.. .they were not exactly friends.

I'm a painter, although nothing of an erotic genre.

I have to admit that there are one or two of my landscapes in my home. I trade artwork with other artists, so have some of their paintings, including a portrait of my dog. For prints, I have some well known Canadian artists . Lionel Feininger is one of my favorites. You might not think so, but I am much better
known as a landscape painter.
My wife will no longer allow any more of my projects to hang on our walls. She likes my work, but there's just too much and she's not supportive of the "gallery wall" concept, where I might hang as much as will fit in the space. So... its piling up, and a few have made thier way to galleries nearby. I realize, galleries are mostly ghost towns nowadays, so I view them as a better place to store the work than in the closet in my office. Meanwhile, I keep on painting.

Back