Are the 'Pubs TRYING to get voted out?

Last edited:
As a former trigger puller for the US Government, I don’t expect to receive handouts or ass-kissing for the rest of my life.

I did a job that I was paid to do. Endless thanks and a ride on the gravy train is not needed or wanted.

You should expect handouts for the rest of your life and people like you are the reason so many vets are so very fucked.

As a former trigger puller for the US Government, I don’t expect to receive handouts or ass-kissing for the rest of my life.

I did a job that I was paid to do. Endless thanks and a ride on the gravy train is not needed or wanted.
You don't sound like a former government trigger puller--or you didn't pay much attention while you were in. A reason to go into the armed services is exactly for the educational and long-term benefits of doing so. As it should be. There is supposed to be--and should be--a "forever after" benefit package of serving.

There’s no risk at all for Republicans in annoying teacher’s unions. They are reliable for showing up to vote and they are solid Democrat voters.
LOL I'm not surprised you missed why this is a bad idea. It will alienate members of the teachers union who are republican from voting for Trump.

Lets look at it this way. Who would you vote for, if your career was as a Teacher? The guy who appreciates what Teacher do, or one who is out to get "Teachers"....

Critical thinking is not your long suit, is it?

^^^ One of the main reasons Nasty Matty Bevins lost the KY Governor's office when 'Pubs won all other state wide offices was because of his attacks on KY teachers.

'Pub Guvs hate when kids get to eat.

Nebraska governor stands firm on rejection of federal money to feed food-insecure children

Nebraska’s governor is standing firm on his plans to reject $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

"He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don’t believe in welfare.”"

"Neighboring Iowa is also opting out of the program, with Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds announcing that decision last week and saying, “An EBT card does nothing to promote nutrition at a time when childhood obesity has become an epidemic.”"

Last edited:
"The letter questioned Rosenworcel's testimony at a recent House hearing in which she warned that 25 million households could lose Internet access if Congress doesn't renew the ACP discounts. The ACP was created by congressional legislation, but Republicans are wary of continuing it. The program began with $14.2 billion a little less than two years ago.

"At a hearing before the House Energy and Commerce Committee on November 30, 2023, you asserted—without evidence and contrary to the FCC's own data—that '25 million households' would be 'unplug[ged]…from the Internet' if Congress does not provide new funding for the ACP," the letter said. "This is not true. As Congress considers the future of taxpayer broadband subsidies, we ask you to correct the hearing record and make public accurate information about the ACP.""

"Many of the current ACP recipients may have previously acquired broadband service through a predecessor discount program, so they weren't necessarily paying full price to begin with. The FCC implemented the $30 monthly ACP benefit in early 2022, replacing the previous $50 monthly subsidy from the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program that started enrolling users in May 2021. Both programs were authorized by Congress."

"The White House said in October that the ACP has proven to be especially critical for rural, remote, and tribal communities. While the standard discount is $30 a month, the program provides $75 monthly subsidies on tribal lands and in "high-cost" areas where the cost of building broadband networks is higher than average.

"Without this funding, tens of millions of people would lose this benefit and would no longer be able to afford high-speed Internet service without sacrificing other necessities," the White House said when it asked Congress for more ACP funding."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...n-to-kill-program/?comments=1&comments-page=1

========================

This is the main 'Pub base, rural, remote and/or low income. They want to directly harm the people most likely to vote for them.

But I got a kick out of this comment:

"Rafael Edward Cruz; if he doesn't want people to use names that aren't on their birth certificate, he doesn't get courtesy for his own chosen name."

This is the main 'Pub base, rural, remote and/or low income. They want to directly harm the people most likely to vote for them.
They've been doing shit like this for decades. A shell game of say one thing, do another, and always blame the Democrats. Hell they voted against Biden's infrastructure plan, but took credit for it when it passed....

If you wanna see some dealing double dealing and much much more. Remember that one of the biggest welfare and corporate welfare programmes is due for renewal in September 2024 about 8-10 weeks ahead of the election. GOP and Democrat Congress critturs both will bury their snouts in that trough for every extra $ they can snaffle.

I'm talking about the Farm Bill which was postponed for 12 months from Sept 2023.

The authoritarians and barbarians masquerading as conservatives don't really care about elections.

If they win elections, that's fine. If not, they'll pull out their firearms and tell the people who didn't vote with them to piss up a rope.

Purveryors of junk food damage the nation by making so many people too fat, malnourished, diabetic, and generally unhealthy for physical labor and military service. Either party could start getting serious with laws and prosecutions, but I expect that will be left for whatever eventually replaces both parties.

You have to take into consideration that repukes are retarded.

Purveryors of junk food damage the nation by making so many people too fat, malnourished, diabetic, and generally unhealthy for physical labor and military service. Either party could start getting serious with laws and prosecutions, but I expect that will be left for whatever eventually replaces both parties.

Don't forget there was that push in New York to ban fountain drinks over a certain volume...and the usual suspects on the right went apeshit over it.

I think that anyone who tosses headlines out as political theory needs to find another job.

And I think that the brain dead leaders of industry unions need to find other jobs.

Under Biden the economy has disimproved so much that union jobs are being lost. Yet the brain dead morons in charge of the unions are supporting the idiot who's costing their members those jobs. Those who support that turn of events on the basis that at least it's not Trump in charge are equally stupid.

Back