A Side Piece

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
As much as the LW tale was an experiment, and I expected trolls and a lower score, and I still like the story, the depth of the score was lower than anticipated, and some of the personal attacks in the comments are like razor blades. A return to popular fare might perk up my spirits, which if you haven't noticed, could use it.

I have started GWU5, the final chapter of Grandpa Wake Up. I love Sally enough to need to finish her story, and, unusually for me, have an ending in mind. however II wrote myself into a corner along the way, and need to work my way out of it. So slow going, and no immediate external gratification sources.

Before starting the Grandpa series, I usually wrote one story at a time. Get it done, get it posted. But occasionally, if occupied in a series, a side piece that I can get done fast and see that "new" attention helps keep my juices flowing.

So I started A Side Piece. Yup, that's the working title. Also the first line (as dialogue, s in quotes). Problem is that within 200 words, it became another meta story about a frustrated Literotica writer. That slightly recalls Jim, the offstage friend who appears offstage in the LW tale. It won't be about Jim (the characters are very different) and it won't be an LW story (might be another 11 years before I try that again), but it is meta.

So, my question for youse is - is it too soon for another meta story? Should I shelve this and try t find a real idea? After all, the Nude Day contest is coming. Not that I have good idea for that- I think I've exhausted the trite set ups to just get couples naked.

But I digress.

Thoughts?

It depends on what you're comfortable with right now. If you're going through some things and this new story might bring those things more to the forefront then perhaps you want to avoid it for the time being...plot bunnies don't have a shelf life.

I've dealt with this in the past where an idea takes a darker turn because that's my frame of mind and it takes me to places in my head best left alone.

At that point I move off and try to come up with an idea that's just pure stroky fun or if nothing else, comfortable to write.

It depends on what you're comfortable with right now. If you're going through some things and this new story might bring those things more to the forefront then perhaps you want to avoid it for the time being...plot bunnies don't have a shelf life.

I've dealt with this in the past where an idea takes a darker turn because that's my frame of mind and it takes me to places in my head best left alone.

At that point I move off and try to come up with an idea that's just pure stroky fun or if nothing else, comfortable to write.

Thanks.

Alas, at inception, and for the first `100 words or so, I thought that A Side Piece would be a frothy stroke, though now I realize anything about A Side Piece will attract trolls because of infidelity, so it might not be the "ego gratification/ written for the readers" part I think I need.

Funny thing is my much maligned LW tale WAS fun to write, and I think it is stroky.

but what do I know.

I too, just posted a new LW story which was a second chapter to one I wrote 7 years ago. :eek:

I actually started it 7 years ago and had most of it finished back then but got side tracked on something else and never got around to finishing it. About a thousand words later and it was complete.

I liked the story, yet comments have been negative. And comments really don't bother me, nor low scores. One nice comment wipes all the nasty ones right out of the site... hehehe, they somehow get deleted if they are personal attacks or their comment has nothing to do with the story at hand.

Oh... Susan's Secret Ch. 02

And as for your story SirHugs... I started reading it and got pulled away, I'll look at it tonight and leave a comment.

I think you should write the story that wants to be written. If your subconscious is in the mood to craft a dark, meta piece, then go for it. It's hard enough to write when you AREN'T fighting your inner muse; don't make it even worse by working at cross-purposes to yourself. Write it, finish it, and if you don't feel like submitting it, just file it away for another time. If it really wants to get out of your system, you better get it out so you can move on to the next one without the baggage.

I think you should write the story that wants to be written. If your subconscious is in the mood to craft a dark, meta piece, then go for it. It's hard enough to write when you AREN'T fighting your inner muse; don't make it even worse by working at cross-purposes to yourself. Write it, finish it, and if you don't feel like submitting it, just file it away for another time. If it really wants to get out of your system, you better get it out so you can move on to the next one without the baggage.

This did not start out to be dark, and is not doomed to be dark. At this point all that we know that is that the narrator is a Lit writer who for unexplained reasons really needs a side piece...

While the neediness might be problematic, it could be written around, or revised out. It is the Lit writer part that caused me pause, since I just wrote a story featuring a Lit writer, that was received even worse than a typical LW tale... heck, it did 10% worse that Zeb's effort (and Zeb deserved better). But this one is NOT a LW tale. Not sure of much else about it yet.

It was more the "meta" self-awareness that concerns me here.

Is it technically a side piece if you put the longer work on hiatus, while knocking off the shorter story in one morning?

Wrote a short stroker, that will go into Erotic Couplings. No tentacle monsters. No mentions of writing or Literotica. Totally not A Side Piece, which I might or might not revisit some dark morning. Most likely, A Side Piece will end up another fragment cluttering up my hard drive.

But the discussion here did help focus me to write the new one. not sure if it as frothy as suggested, but I tried to keep the darkness out, and almost succeeded.

Also cleared my mind to resume chapter 5 of the Grandpa series. Might still need a side piece to help that along though. so will keep generating, or borrowing, ideas.

Thanks.

I think it counts as a side piece if you view it as a side piece in your mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that! All God's chilluns deserve equal love! And so do our stories.

I think it counts as a side piece if you view it as a side piece in your mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that! All God's chilluns deserve equal love! And so do our stories.

but when it comes to stories, some we love just a bit more.

What happens when you write for the readers, and get almost no readers?

Is my next project about a silent tree in a silent forest?

Sounds like poetry not prose (not that it makes a sound at all)

LONG time since I have tried poetry...

*sigh*

still under 1000 views. no comments. Briefly flirted with that red H but now dipped below. Well, at least with few votes, it might rise again. The score, not a tentacle monster. No tentacle monsters here.

Too much puzzling what's been going wrong, not enough writing.

time to settle on another approach.

Back to incest perhaps?

But my incest quotient is fulfilled by Grandpa as that series winds towards its conclusion.

I too, just posted a new LW story which was a second chapter to one I wrote 7 years ago. :eek:

I actually started it 7 years ago and had most of it finished back then but got side tracked on something else and never got around to finishing it. About a thousand words later and it was complete.

I liked the story, yet comments have been negative. And comments really don't bother me, nor low scores. One nice comment wipes all the nasty ones right out of the site... hehehe, they somehow get deleted if they are personal attacks or their comment has nothing to do with the story at hand.

Oh... Susan's Secret Ch. 02

And as for your story SirHugs... I started reading it and got pulled away, I'll look at it tonight and leave a comment.

sorry the tentacle monster twist did not work for you. I was going for a clever way NOT to have Cassie be just another cheating wife. Clever has never been my sweet spot.

You might enjoy Funions, Onions, Bunions better. No tentacle monsters there, just good old fashioned medicated sex. Plus it desperately needs a comment- it is a rare (for me) comment virgin.

Did something I haven't done in years and started a thread over on Story Feedback about this story,

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1544265

because I'm puzzled as to what went wrong.

I did leave a comment on your story, although it will be in moderation unless you can see it from your author's side stats (I've been told it's possible and appears as soon as someone sends a comment).

To reply to your earlier comment "what happens when you write a story for the readers and get no readers?" I assume you perhaps floated the idea in the forum and made it a poll to see how many voted for the most popular idea or plot?

I did leave a comment on your story, although it will be in moderation unless you can see it from your author's side stats (I've been told it's possible and appears as soon as someone sends a comment).

To reply to your earlier comment "what happens when you write a story for the readers and get no readers?" I assume you perhaps floated the idea in the forum and made it a poll to see how many voted for the most popular idea or plot?

It was good piece of feedback, thank you.

Back