A question

SweetWitch

Green Goddess
A young woman suddenly receives her long-overdue inheritance--her grandmother's grimoire.

What does she do with it?

She puts it away

Yes, she has always longed for it and thought that she never possess.

But, now that it is in her possession, she's frighten. She heard of its' secrets and realize that others also desire its' secrets.

Hidden away, she believes that both her and the grinmoire is safe. But soon, she aware that her hopes are just folly

She was chosen by her grandmother, but her cousin stole it. Now it comes back to her. World domination is out. She's kind of a kooky soul, not really into great power or anything. She's not afraid of it, but it freaks her out a bit because she didn't realize it actually survived.

A young woman suddenly receives her long-overdue inheritance--her grandmother's grimoire.

The possibilities go on for a while.

How young? High school? College? Out of school?

Does she have a crush on a guy (or a girl) and wants to seduce him and/or get him to fall for her? Is he a peer, or her boss/teacher? Does she have a rival who she wants to get the better of? Somebody that's ruined something for her in the past and she wants revenge? Does she summon a spirit/demon/etc. to be her servant? Is she alone in having magic or is she drawn into a hidden world of witches and such hiding in plain sight?

When she performs the spells, do they work as intended? Do they backfire?

Is she sexually inexperienced and learns a lot as the story progresses, or already sexually adventurous from the outset? Is she a nice person or a not-so-nice person as the story starts, and does that reverse as the story progresses?

What kind of sex scenes do you want? Romance? BDSM? Public humiliation? Rape? Is the story comedic? Touching? Dark?

The possibilities go on for a while.

How young? High school? College? Out of school?

Does she have a crush on a guy (or a girl) and wants to seduce him and/or get him to fall for her? Is he a peer, or her boss/teacher? Does she have a rival who she wants to get the better of? Somebody that's ruined something for her in the past and she wants revenge? Does she summon a spirit/demon/etc. to be her servant? Is she alone in having magic or is she drawn into a hidden world of witches and such hiding in plain sight?

When she performs the spells, do they work as intended? Do they backfire?

Is she sexually inexperienced and learns a lot as the story progresses, or already sexually adventurous from the outset? Is she a nice person or a not-so-nice person as the story starts, and does that reverse as the story progresses?

What kind of sex scenes do you want? Romance? BDSM? Public humiliation? Rape? Is the story comedic? Touching? Dark?

She's a nice person, a plain jane, no boyfriends. This one is a comedy, so there will be many mishaps. As for sex, I usually don't write much more than romantic sex.

I'm having a hard time with a plot, though. There has to be some form of conflict and a resolution. Can't think what it could be.

It's strange because I never have plot trouble. Can't get this one in gear, though.

She's a nice person, a plain jane, no boyfriends. This one is a comedy, so there will be many mishaps. As for sex, I usually don't write much more than romantic sex.

I'm having a hard time with a plot, though. There has to be some form of conflict and a resolution. Can't think what it could be.

It's strange because I never have plot trouble. Can't get this one in gear, though.

The old "be careful what you wish for" (aka "do not call up what you cannot put down") is always a good 'un with magic.

Conflict: maybe she doesn't realise what she has? Maybe someone else does, and wants it?

She travels and has erotic adventures in places we only see on maps.

Here's a piece from my AS SIMPLE AS BLACK AND WHITE? which I've just submitted:

Magic is funny stuff. Fairy-tale magic always seemed so simplistic to me -- say the magic words, wave your hands, weave your spells, and POOF! Out pops a minor miracle, no problem. Yeah, right.

I gave up reading those kinds of magic stories a long time ago. When reading fantasy, I prefer a *bit* more, tales where magic has a clear and dear price. Maybe the magic runs out, and the immortal mage grows old. Maybe each spell costs the wizard or witch some of their lifetime, or their strength, or their sanity. TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch, as Heinlein wrote.

That's my take on magic. For this story: Was grandma doing the young woman a favor by leaving her the grimoire, or was that a sly trick? Did grandma expect the young woman to willingly pay the price of doing magic? What are the costs of sex-magick?

Last edited:
You mentioned a cousin, which tells me there's already an antagonist. How long did the cousin have the book? Maybe he/she already used it to gain power/summon trolls/create an army of zombie rats/whatever. Now the cousin wants the book back, of course, and uses her power/minions to try to get it from the antagonist.

That's a very Disney plot, but there's a lot you could do with the details. Maybe the cousin is male and has a Caligula-like attraction for your heroine. You could always go with "they were childhood friends, until Grandma made it obvious which one was her favorite."

Or . . . Grandma wasn't quite so nice, and she knows your heroine is the more gullible of the two. Though she's passed on, Grandma's spirit lives in the grimoire, and she wants your heroine to do all sorts of nasty things while telling her it's all for the greater good. Then along comes the cousin, who was trying to protect your antagonist by stealing the book, and together they have to stop evil Grandma.

For those answering? Don't.

The OP has not written a story here at lit in three years and this one will not be for lit either.

It will be for their next e-book so essentially they are now looking for people here on this free writing site to provide her ideas so she can make some money on it.

Is that how it works with Excessia these days? Literotica is still the source for free talent and ideas?

Too bad the person who runs it has had no interest in taking any new authors in years. If she had she might not be struggling the way she is right now with a stable full of stale authors who can no longer even come up with their own ideas.

Do what the rest of us do "Molly" and write your own damn book.

Bearing in mind what Terry Pratchett says on the subject of magic (it'll come back on you - everything has a price), I think she reads it.
A grimoire was a kind of Diary in which the Witch would write her recipes and given spells. Nuns used to record their perceived progress in the religious life in asimilar manner

So what your young woman has is Granny's Diary, full of useful facts (and a few interesting spells). She might pass the odd one or two to friends to try out.

It sounds a very interesting project, Molly.
Do please advise when the text can be read.
:rose:

Oh bugger, I read that wrong - I thought you said her Granny's armoire and I was trying to think of interesting things to do with a wardrobe...

Must clean my spectacles :cool:

For those answering? Don't.

The OP has not written a story here at lit in three years and this one will not be for lit either.

It will be for their next e-book so essentially they are now looking for people here on this free writing site to provide her ideas so she can make some money on it.

Is that how it works with Excessia these days? Literotica is still the source for free talent and ideas?

Too bad the person who runs it has had no interest in taking any new authors in years. If she had she might not be struggling the way she is right now with a stable full of stale authors who can no longer even come up with their own ideas.

Do what the rest of us do "Molly" and write your own damn book.
Actually, dear LC, it's been longer than 3 years since I published anything at all. I had to walk away from writing after my little heart attack in order to get my health back on track.

I've hundreds of stories left unfinished, a few I recently completed and a few wherein the well has dried up--most likely because there isn't enough of a story there to write. This grinmoire idea was just a plot bunny I thought I'd share with everyone. It came from something I read on the net a few days ago.

It's not a story that I'll likely write. This was not me looking for story ideas, but a writerly discussion that often seems to be lacking on the forum these days. There was a time when we once used to do such here.

Oh bugger, I read that wrong - I thought you said her Granny's armoire and I was trying to think of interesting things to do with a wardrobe...

Must clean my spectacles :cool:

Is that anything like an erotic "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"? :D

Bearing in mind what Terry Pratchett says on the subject of magic (it'll come back on you - everything has a price), I think she reads it.
A grimoire was a kind of Diary in which the Witch would write her recipes and given spells. Nuns used to record their perceived progress in the religious life in asimilar manner

So what your young woman has is Granny's Diary, full of useful facts (and a few interesting spells). She might pass the odd one or two to friends to try out.

It sounds a very interesting project, Molly.
Do please advise when the text can be read.

I've no text. 'Tis only an idea. It won't likely go anywhere, but the funny possibilities are limitless. I don't write much comedy, mainly romance, adventure and mystery. The only comedy I've seemed to be able to write is my blog about real life. I'm not good with creative comedy.

You mentioned a cousin, which tells me there's already an antagonist. How long did the cousin have the book? Maybe he/she already used it to gain power/summon trolls/create an army of zombie rats/whatever. Now the cousin wants the book back, of course, and uses her power/minions to try to get it from the antagonist.

That's a very Disney plot, but there's a lot you could do with the details. Maybe the cousin is male and has a Caligula-like attraction for your heroine. You could always go with "they were childhood friends, until Grandma made it obvious which one was her favorite."

Or . . . Grandma wasn't quite so nice, and she knows your heroine is the more gullible of the two. Though she's passed on, Grandma's spirit lives in the grimoire, and she wants your heroine to do all sorts of nasty things while telling her it's all for the greater good. Then along comes the cousin, who was trying to protect your antagonist by stealing the book, and together they have to stop evil Grandma.

The cousin was probably eaten alive by the curse on him for stealing the book. There's not much of him left.

I like the grandmother idea, though. Perhaps she intends to use the book to take possession of the young woman.

There was a time when we once used to do such here.

And then some bitter, jealous, and very vocal people showed up. :rolleyes:

Personally, I would keep the cousin around, even if there's "not much left" like you said. I was kind of thinking of a Stardust kind of angle with the ghost of the cousin keeping an eye out for the antagonist. Maybe the ghost could be the narrator.

She studies it and is only going to try one teensy spell. It couldn't hurt, right? Just a little spell ... but she forgets that when magic is used, there always has to be a balance ...

I think this could be a fun story with unintended explosions, awkwardness and silly antics.

I think this could be a fun story with unintended explosions, awkwardness and silly antics.

Sort of like Monty Python meets Frozen? :p

James muttered an incantation. The words seemed to take form and surround Giles before engulfing him in a puff of smoke.

"Oh dear, James, you've turned him into a bloody rabbit!" exclaimed Will.

"He was supposed to be a rat."

"Well, I like the rabbit better."

"Why?"

"Who the devil wants to eat a rat?"

The rabbit suddenly sprinted down the path.

"Hey!" cried Will, chasing after. "Come back here!"

Molly,
you could always set it as a challenge. Either, say, a straight 1000 words or rather like FAWC.
It would be interesting. . . .

Anything worthwhile has a cost associated with it. What is the cost of using the grimoire? Do demons appear? Does the use of the grimoire cause changes in the user? If the girl gains benefit from the use of the grimoire, what are the costs of the benefits?

Sort of like Monty Python meets Frozen? :p

James muttered an incantation. The words seemed to take form and surround Giles before engulfing him in a puff of smoke.

"Oh dear, James, you've turned him into a bloody rabbit!" exclaimed Will.

"He was supposed to be a rat."

"Well, I like the rabbit better."

"Why?"

"Who the devil wants to eat a rat?"

The rabbit suddenly sprinted down the path.

"Hey!" cried Will, chasing after. "Come back here!"

:D Yeah, like that.

Molly,
you could always set it as a challenge. Either, say, a straight 1000 words or rather like FAWC.
It would be interesting. . . .

Man, that sounds like work or somethin'.

Anything worthwhile has a cost associated with it. What is the cost of using the grimoire? Do demons appear? Does the use of the grimoire cause changes in the user? If the girl gains benefit from the use of the grimoire, what are the costs of the benefits?

I don't know. I'm already moving on to a new plot bunny. A man wakes up in a hole in the ground. It's more than 10 feet deep. He has no idea how he got there. He only knows he's naked with a woman's name and phone number written on his chest in lipstick.

The reason that I made the reply that I did is based upon an old joke.
Griselda is walking in a forest. She meets a frog who tells her, 'I am handsome prince, change into a frog by an evil magician. Kiss me and I turn back into a handsome prince.' Griselda notices that the frog is wearing a gold crown and she decides to take a chance. Griselda kisses the frog, who changes into a handsome prince. Meanwhile, Griselda changes into a green chicken.

Also, check my book Changeling in Amazon.

Back