A Question and A Request

Blackpearlz

Virgin
Okay, my dear friends. I took yall's advice. I waited for my volunteer editors to get back to me AND I wrote another story while I waited (which i like much better, i must say). This virgin is anxious to get the show on the road! Any one out there interested in giving my story/stories a look for me? If so, I can send it to you tonight after I get home from work or first thing tomorrow morning.

Now for the question part. I've noticed that many of the stories I've read here at Literotica lack story lines involving people of color. They are still erotic and sexy, but often times the role of a person of color in a story is totally predictable. To me, it's kind of disappointing. She's either got dark skin with European features or he's got a monstrous dick. Fantasy of any shape or form is exquisite in and of itself, but I wonder how many writers at this particular site have thought about stretching creative ideas OUTSIDE of that particular borderline. Show me something different. Try writing a story from the viewpoint of a race or culture other than yours. I would like to do the same as I become more comfortable with my skills. I still haven't posted my first story! I'm quite interested in hearing your comments on this subject. Race, even in a fantasy format, is still one of the most sensitive and least talked about subjects in our world today, as far as I'm concerned. It's not too political to be discussed here.

editors

I know the folks at Literotica as well as the volunteers editors are probably up to their armpits in alligators. I'd be happy to have a look at your story and feed back to you. Just as a quick note I have a credible background in literature, have published several mainstream and erotic books, as well as currently editing an anthology of erotica for publication in mid-2001.

On the subject of colour. It sort of depends where you look. There is quite a lot of published erotica which reflects the tapestry that is human. In particular, there are several anthologies of erotica written by various ethnic groups including Africa American, Jewish, Russian, French, and Hispanic. It also sort of depends what you consider colour to be...there are lots of colours out there. You can do a search on Amazon to find these titles. I mention this because you may find it useful to see how it's being done.

On another subject of colour there is much good erotica, particularly by women, where there is no mention whatever of race and the stories are sexy as hell.

You can send your story as a word, rich text, or html attachment to ClosetDesire@aol.com I'll let you know I've received it. Be aware that I'm in Europe so there is a big time difference.

Closet Desire
London

You may also send it to me, if you'd like. killermuffin@hotmail.com I'm online alot, if you can't tell. I highly recommend CD there, and Indy dark if you can find him, however.

Can't wait to read it! :)

The More the Merrier!

It's so fitting to so many situations... but in this case, in terms of story PREview, i'm additionally grateful. i will send to all the people who posted response to this point. i'm learning to be patient, so i'll wait for your replies, even if it takes a little while. thanks, peeps.

Oh, and i definitely find there are many sexy stories out there that leave race/culture ambiguous...that's fine too. I just wonder about the times in which they do use race, and then it's so predictable. those kinds of stereotypical stories do nothin for me.

let's be honest...

I know it's not the politic thing to suggest that there might be certain differences between people. Too often that becomes a question of one's race which, quite frankly, is a disturbing distinction. We all have our preferences for what turns us on or for what we find beautiful in another person...and that can include the hue of their skin, the size of their breast, the shape of their cock, or their mama's cooking. I don't think erotica should be blindfolded like poor Ms Justice. You will write your most powerful erotica when it actually touches you within and when it reflects this reality.

You don't have to tip toe on eggshells about this one. What you fall in love for, what you lust for, what you fantasise about is real. I love living where I do (London) because I have come to savour all the delicious differences and broadened my appreciation for what is beautiful in this cosmopolitan city (love Paris for the same reasons). It's a vast contrast from where I lived before (I'm not going to be specific, but suffice it to say pickups are more common than people!)

I tend to get verbose so I'll quit here and go teach my class!

Closet Desire

I just looked over the things I've wrote before, with an eye for race, and I noticed that I didn't describe the characters in my stories. I didn't give them hair, eye, or skin color, or even really height, just a vague notion of it. They are described as being attractive to the other character, or being muscular, or whatever.

I never noticed that. I just re-read over my 40ish page epic for a description of the characters, and other than one of them being described as somewhere between lean and heavily muscled, that it.

The reason you may not have gotten a response from your editors is that your documents seem to have a virus attached to them. If you don't have an antivirus, I suggest you get one and run it. My email account won't let me download attachments with viruses in them, so I couldn't clean it out.

safe sex still applies...

Sorry...killer's right. I didn't write down the name of the virus on your files, but Norton couldn't clean them out. Had to kill 'em, put 'em outta their misery.

If you don't have a vaccine program you might be able to find a freebie on the web at http://www.zdnet.com or you can download a 30 day trial of Norton Utilities and run it although I think there are a few tricks to apply if your machine isn't "clean" to begin with.

Get back to us when you can.

Closet Desire

Thank you thank you thank you

i'm a carrier! got this virus i can't seem to shake, but i'm gonna go check out the zdnet site and see what i can do. again, to my volunteer editors, i posted the same exact stories i was going to send to you at...

http://www.im-ur.com

if you wanna check em out there under the "erotica" section, i'd really appreciate it. i've been on vaca, so i'm bout to do this virus-check thing now. Lord help me.

Back