A Plea for objectives

lickingfiend

Virgin
Hi
Fisrt can I say there are some great stories and great writers out there. However I would like to make some general observations.

Can authors not write and submit stories on a peace meal basis. This usually names are mixed up between chapters, and various contraditions occur between one chapter and another. There is also the danger of repeating the same action but with a diferent recipient and environment which soon becomes boring.

Finally any story should have an objective: a goal: an end. There is nothing more annoying than reading four or five chapters of a good story and then it just stops. So, basically I'm saying write the whole story to the end and then submit it and let Literotica sort it into chapters.

I know some are looking for feedback and/or approval but I want you to be honest and ask yourself why are you writing the story? Your really writing it to please yourself and if it also get approval from others that's a just bonus.

Anyway keep up the good work

You want something done right you should do it yourself.

Show us your money.

LIT readers remind me of the dog in the Charles Willeford novel. The dog was a chronic leg humper you hadda jack-off to make him stop. Its all you need to know about LIT readers.

hahahahaha...sorry but that was an unfortunate, yet hilarious, accurate description for a great deal on Lit.
Show us your money.

LIT readers remind me of the dog in the Charles Willeford novel. The dog was a chronic leg humper you hadda jack-off to make him stop. Its all you need to know about LIT readers.

I wrote and posted one chapter at a time on SWB 40+ chapters over 18 months, no outline, just a general idea of where I was going. IT all wrapped up, no contradictions, no loose ends.

That worked for me, others may have to painstakingly outline every chapter because that works for them, we're all different.

We have the right to decide whether we want to write it all out the publish or write as we go.

If your issue is with writers who don't put the finished product out all at once then simply don't read anything here that's not finished.

And coming here suggestion how we all should do it, most likely is going to earn you some snark.

Not from me, you have your opinion, but be aware you can't press it on others.

I will second Conager & JBJ with...let's see you do it.

well said
I wrote and posted one chapter at a time on SWB 40+ chapters over 18 months, no outline, just a general idea of where I was going. IT all wrapped up, no contradictions, no loose ends.

That worked for me, others may have to painstakingly outline every chapter because that works for them, we're all different.

We have the right to decide whether we want to write it all out the publish or write as we go.

If your issue is with writers who don't put the finished product out all at once then simply don't read anything here that's not finished.

And coming here suggestion how we all should do it, most likely is going to earn you some snark.

Not from me, you have your opinion, but be aware you can't press it on others.

I will second Conager & JBJ with...let's see you do it.

I'm testing writing hypotheses lately. A long story of mine posted today. I spent much time and effort writing it. At the moment its score is a solid ONE. Its about as good as I get but LIT readers don't want Tolstoyesque story and character exposition. They wanna hump my leg for a hand job.

So I'm cranking out 1200 word hand jobs in the future.

I'm testing writing hypotheses lately. A long story of mine posted today. I spent much time and effort writing it. At the moment its score is a solid ONE. Its about as good as I get but LIT readers don't want Tolstoyesque story and character exposition. They wanna hump my leg for a hand job.

So I'm cranking out 1200 word hand jobs in the future.

What's the story?

Finally any story should have an objective: a goal: an end.

I guess the bottom line for me is that I don't give you the right to pontificate on what "any story should have." Read what you like and leave the rest to those who don't consider you the god of writing shoulds.

Welcome to the boards, though.

Can authors not write and submit stories on a peace meal basis.

You don't wanna eat your meals peacefully to read stories by? :confused:

Hey, it's a free world...if you want a biker brawl going on while eating your stroganoff, have at it! :D

You don't wanna eat your meals peacefully to read stories by? :confused:

Hey, it's a free world...if you want a biker brawl going on while eating your stroganoff, have at it! :D

" . . . submit stories on a peace meal basis."

or should that have been 'piece meal'

I always do like to have my meals in peace. :)

(That's why I don't eat at the computer.)

A good instant hot fudge pizza carries with it its own aura of peace and tranquillity, especially if washed down with a few nips of poteen.

Finally any story should have an objective: a goal: an end. There is nothing more annoying than reading four or five chapters of a good story and then it just stops. So, basically I'm saying write the whole story to the end and then submit it and let Literotica sort it into chapters.

Here you're telling writers what they need to do for your approval...

I know some are looking for feedback and/or approval but I want you to be honest and ask yourself why are you writing the story? Your really writing it to please yourself and if it also get approval from others that's a just bonus.

...and here you're telling them approval from others isn't the point of the exercise.

Yes, I get frustrated by incomplete stories, or ones that devolve into a dozen chapters of "same sex, different names". But I take it as the price I pay for the variety on this site. Literotica is an amateur forum where people can experiment, figure out what their writing style is, and perhaps get better through practice.

My first story here ended up as a 14-part novel. If I'd been required to complete it before posting, I never would've started. I had no idea whether readers were going to be into the sort of story I was writing, and I ran into real-life stresses that probably would've discouraged me from finishing if it was just another secret project. I was not at a place where I could afford to write 100k words just to be told "this sucks, why did you post it here?"

The feedback I got on the early chapters gave me the impetus to complete it, both as positive reinforcement and through the spectre of disappointed readers if I didn't make my deadlines.

Hi
Fisrt can I say there are some great stories and great writers out there. However I would like to make some general observations.

Can authors not write and submit stories on a peace meal basis. This usually names are mixed up between chapters, and various contraditions occur between one chapter and another. There is also the danger of repeating the same action but with a diferent recipient and environment which soon becomes boring.

Anyway keep up the good work

I can appreciate the sentiment, but it is a free site, and as for Lit sorting it into chapters, I don't think they do that.

You want something done right you should do it yourself.

My sentiments exactly. In fact that sentiment was part of why I started posting here, I knew I would never be as good as the best writers here, but I thought I could do as good as some of the others.

" . . . submit stories on a peace meal basis."

or should that have been 'piece meal'

Good catch, I missed that, but is it "piecemeal"?

Advice for any and all aspiring authors--please get yourself at least one good editor!

Back