A Phising Expedition

AnotherDude99

Really Experienced
I received a message today, and while initially, it looked innocent, I"m pretty certain the person was setting me up for some catfishing. Maybe you agree, or maybe you don't. I wanted to post the chat to see what you think.. and how I should respond..
==================
Her: Sophia Hello, I am Alice, this is a photo of me and the cat, thank you for taking care of it during this time, I will come back and pick it up tomorrow, what time are you free tomorrow?

Me: Wrong number

Her: This is the phone number I saved before, it shouldn't be wrong. who are you?

Me: Not Sophia. And I dont do Cat Sitting.

Her: Oh! Oh my god, I actually saved the wrong area code, sorry, I hope I'm not disturbing you, I see this area code is from Texas place, are you from there please?

Me: Yes

Her: Coincidentally, I often visit Texas. It's a really beautiful place, so if you visit Texas next time, I'll buy you a coffee as an apology! I live in Los Angerles....

Me: Everything is big in Texas !!!

Her: Yes. So I visit often. We've talked a lot, but I don't know your name yet? lol

Me: I'm Jack. And you are Alice !!

Her: Wow..Jack! you have a good name...Alice is the name my friends call me nickname. My real name is Hailey. I'm 37 year old and you?

Me: How old do I sound Hailey? 🙂🙂

Her: You talk in a mature manner. I think you are a little older than me.
how long were you in Texas?

Me: Sorry, was walking my dog. Ive been here a few years.
Photo in process
2 hrs

Her: Oh,,,You have a cute dog.
How old are you,Jack? I'm 37 year old,,,and you?

Me: Im 52

Her: we're not that far apart. Btw, what do you do to living in Texas? My personal career is in the clothing business, and several French fashion designers are working for me.

My business is mainly to tailor evening dresses and high-grade silk for the ladies in the upper class, which belongs to personal tailor.

Me: I work in the software industry.. helping to create the software for download to different groups of people

Her: Your work is great. I'm sure you are a brilliant person! What kind of position in the software industry do you hold?

Me: oh.. nothing big.. just a documentation analyst..
i think your tailoring brings more enjoyment.. to people.. than my work..

Her: Yes. It's fun to make innovative designs based on people's preferences
blank.gif
️

Me: very good. want to show me some of your designs?

Her: But I think analyst can be pretty important too! Someone recently published Apple's annual salary list, and analyst are paid pretty high up on the list, starting around $150k!

Me: oh wow.. that's a pretty awesome. we don't get that here in Texas

Her: You've gotta be kidding me! What company are you with anyway?

Me: Sorry.. I can't share that.. my employer wouldn't like that. When were you here in Texas last Hailey

Last edited:
The reason people watch game shows is it makes them feel smart.

Wow, you gave out way more information than I would have. Any time I get a text or call (without them leaving a voicemail) from a number that’s not in my contacts I immediately block them and delete the number.

Back