a new spring calls for a new start

glBock

Loves Spam
When I look at my bumbling ways here on Lit for the past year or so, I begin to wonder why Lit has not kicked me out yet. Fortunately there is essentially no oversight here, and besides that, plain stupidity has never been a reason to exclude anyone from a forum here.

The only good thing I did was post an interesting ad now and then. Some of them drew a sizeable number of views, sometimes a public discussion as well, but essentially not a single PM from a woman, who I had managed to entice with my ads (on my latest few ads, I mean)

Not quite true, several ladies replied, who were unable to read. And unable to respond as well. True responsiveness seems to be the most difficult thing to come by here on Lit, as I experienced often.

And I am not alone here, several women responding publicly have observed this as well. We can speculate all we want about the causes; what counts is my need to find a truly responsive mail partner, and I am not finding one. And to do that, I must do better than what I tried in the past.

First thing I did was fix up my signature posts. After all, these are something like "calling cards"; a woman with whom the ad clicks a bit, ought to be able to tell – from reading these posts – what kind of a man I am and what I want. And then decide, whether she might want to explore things further.

I cut out many words, which were just "wordy", but contributed little. And I fixed a really stupid mistake I had made: mixing up in one post, two entirely different subjects. And I asked myself, what was really essential and what was not. Amazing how much superfluous stuff can be cut out of an ad.

But now I realize another fundamental problem, and this one cannot be solved by good editing: few women in the world will ever like me deeply, because (a) I am not a lemming, and not politically correct at all, and (b) what I want, including my desires for giving, is not what most women here look for.

So I just have to hope that every once in a while a woman will come here looking, who ticks like me. I may need a few bumps for that, because after a few days at most, any ad moves to page two, and fewer people catch it.

And another – much more subtle – problem exists as well; KimGordon and others had pointed it out to me, but I had not wanted to listen: despite even a lot of resonance, there's no guarantee a woman and I will "connect" with one another. True connections, after all require a certain amount of magic; there's nothing I can do to bring that about.

OK, so I learned a few things out of previous mistakes, but the two most fundamental problems I face, just don't go away, despite my better diligence, I am afraid. Maybe I simply have to hope that the powers of spring will make things turn out better now?

Last edited:
Back